Page 398 of 745 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    A re-post of my thoughts from the review thread:

Whew! The pace of this ish was a bit... breathtaking, to be sure. BUT, WOW, what an issue it was! Featuring my ABSOLUTE, MOST FAVORITE COMIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR (and in QUITE a while):

... so far, as if there would ever be any doubt, lol. Figured I'd get it right out of the way first. Loved, LOVED, LOVED seeing her again, after all this time, and of course... the way in which it was done, with the BIG, DRAMATIC ENTRANCE as a CLIFFHANGER ENDING! And LOVE the page itself (art PLUS dialogue), with the new styling of her classic look, and her hair being pulled back again. The bracers & her head adornment, in particular. The latter of which I still stand by, will act as some sort of TP scrambler, to protect her against any attempted psi assaults. The look on her face, the words she says, the outfit, the poise, the POWER - YES, the Daughter of M, the MISTRESS of Magnetism, has FINALLY returned, and in a most GRAND WAY! Best BEWARE, as it's clear now... there's more than one danger around!

I'm not afraid she'll be portrayed as Magneto's lackey, as his "good lil' soldier", or of her being involved with Havok... in a non-romantic capacity, and in a recurring fashion, as opposed to a continual one. Not only do I feel Lorna's finally comin' into her own, but that even if it seems like she agrees with whatever Mags has in mind, and is up to at the moment... she may also have her OWN hidden agenda, and secret angles, she's workin' on the side. She IS, after all... her daddy's daughter. ;D
    This is the artist on issues 10 and 11. He really seems to be good at interpersonal stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/gio2286/
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-27-2017 at 04:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress of Dictionaries View Post
    Hello fellow Lorna-Lovers!
    As you can see, I am new here but I have been following this thread ghostreading for a couple of months. Thanks for keeping this thread up and vivid. Thank you also for providing me with Polaris news. She's my absolute number one favourite fictional character at the moment (you can even talk about an obsession).

The reason why I only joined now is because I simply was afraid to join because my opinion about the character differs a lot from the majority here. I have witnessed all your discussions and some have really made me sad. I felt a little attacked because it sometimes seemed that my tastes are "wrong and stupid" among my fellow Lorna-Lovers. I realised this as I read the recent X-Men Blue issue and my first thought at Lorna appearing was not "YES! FINALLY!" but "damn, the people over at CBR are going to be pissed because she talked to Havok". I wasn't pissed at seeing this. Actually, I was damn excited. They need to sort a lot of things out and since Havok is also one of my favourites (fight me! ) I was also sad about how he got screwed since he departed X-Factor. I always knew that only Lorna can fix this and as it seems the time has come. I look forward to reading this. For me this is not a downgrade for her or the end of the world.

Like most of you, I see great things coming up for Lorna, even in the comics. Can you imagine Lorna being a mentor to the ANXM? We also have this silent Malice plot in X-Men Blue which gets me all excited. This is one of Lorna's most striking character arcs and (despite it being an 80's tune) is still worth exploring in my opinion.

Sorry for this long post. Please don't hate me but keep the cool pics coming up! They inspire me so much and make my fangirl heart do flic flacs!
    WELCOME, Mistress of Dictionaries, TRULY! And don't worry, our bark is worse than our bite... in most cases.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    This is the artist on issues 10 and 12. He really seems to be good at interpersonal stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/gio2286/
    OH, yes! His name's Giovanni Valletta (https://twitter.com/gio2286?lang=en), and I agree, he's VERY talented. But it's issues 10 & 11, as artist Douglas Franchin (https://www.instagram.com/dgfranchin/) is drawing #12, the one with the Polaris spoiler (along w/cute, lil' Baby Ice):

... and OLD MAN Jimmy:

;D

I'm REALLY enjoying Cory's work too, tho, ESPECIALLY that last page of Lorna. It was the best done of the whole issue, and probably his best work to date, and I'm not just sayin' that 'cause I'm TOTALLY biased - I SWEAR! ;p

glad to see Lorna finally back in a flagship title

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
    I am so excited for the Lorna issues which will follow Actually, I'm looking forward to her interacting with the O5. There's so much they could share! Maybe she should also mention to them their special connection since she was the 6th X-Men in her youth. And yes, that smirk is iconic! I could totally see Lorna as tease xD That's also why I adore her so much... she can make dirty jokes and also be the most serious leader. I hope that teasy kick ass Lorna will stick for a while

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yeah, everybody, don't have hopes & get excited about ANY of Lorna's upcoming prospects. By all means, practice restraint here on her... APPRECIATION thread, i.e., don't be happy... 'cause I'm not (and NEVER am, it seems, these days) - MONOTONOUS!
    I NEVER said not to have hopes or get excited about any of her upcoming prospects, only don't go overboard and act like she's the main star of the show and all that matters about it, Jason only the last line of my post was about the show and fully understand that they'd like for Magneto to show up, as for Lorna only being anything because she's Magneto's daughter, sounds like she's only anything to you because she's his daughter, otherwise you wouldn't care about her...

Again I never said not to be happy, don't just start awarding the actress or the show Emmy's just yet because you really like her, I don't hate her or the show...there's appreciation and then there's going overboard...

The biggest disappointment of Lorna's recent appearance is that she has the same old costume from like a decade ago. I wish they had given her a new look to usher her into a new era

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The biggest disappointment of Lorna's recent appearance is that she has the same old costume from like a decade ago. I wish they had given her a new look to usher her into a new era
    Lorna historically would change outfits per era. Her second original outfit and Shi'ar outfits actually crossed over for a time in the 70s and early 80s when she flip flopped between them. She has had the current one on for most of the last 12 years with about two years with different outfits in X-Factor and ANXF.

How would you change it?

Ultimate Member

Lorna could have it worse as many people don't like Betsy's thong costume and she keeps getting put back into it, whether this is truly a new era or if she's more of a guest star will take time to find out, though you would think that she wouldn't wear green so that some didn't think her associated with Hydra...

Emma Dumont says at 5:50 her character is the closest out of the cast to the comic book Marvel mythology. At 5:05 they talk about their looks to come.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-27-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's the one lone thing I liked. Maintaining the costume is vital for her, and this specific version of it with the rings keeping the top up via cape as counterweight is the version I like most.

Unfortunately, there were other elements I had a big problem with that heavily overshadowed the costume for me.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Emma Dumont says at 5:50 her character is the closest out of the cast to the comic book Marvel mythology. At 5:05 they talk about their looks to come.

Good! All of the characters in this show I want hers to be the most accurate.

My anticipation for this show grows and grows

I saw this costume coming but I am not a big fan of it either. I would have alternated it a little into something "edgier"

Also, have you seen Lorna's little cameo for the upcoming X-Men Grand Design mini series? (Trigger warning! She stands next to Havok.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress of Dictionaries View Post
    And yes, that smirk is iconic! I could totally see Lorna as tease xD That's also why I adore her so much... she can make dirty jokes and also be the most serious leader. I hope that teasy kick ass Lorna will stick for a while
    We can hope that version of Lorna sticks around for awhile as yes I agree its much better then stiff as a brick or emotionally frozen Lorna.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-27-2017 at 04:37 PM.