Page 4 of 745 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Polaris by Adi Granov
    This is kinda one of my favorite Polaris' arts ever.

Ultimate Member

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...60-472-750.jpg

One of my favorite Lorna pages ever. Her teasing Crystal was so amusing (although poor Luna, she really didn't need to hear that).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...60-472-750.jpg

One of my favorite Lorna pages ever. Her teasing Crystal was so amusing (although poor Luna, she really didn't need to hear that).
    I love that one. Lorna's not one for subtlety here, unfortunately. I wish we could see more of Lorna interacting with Crystal and Luna--it was one of my favorite things about the space-opera.

Gifs I just made from X-Men The Animated Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

The way Bobby walks away in that second pic is hilarious. It's like he's waddling.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

Polaris looked like a goddess in her classic costume during TAS. It's too bad she couldn't act like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Polaris looked like a goddess in her classic costume during TAS. It's too bad she couldn't act like one.
    Yes, she was very much in 70s and 80s form in TAS in that she looked great, but she was weak and stupid.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-05-2014 at 09:23 AM.

BANNED

Even though I hated Chuck Austen's run at the time, I looooooooooooove Uncanny X-Men #425 & 426.
    Havok & Polaris finally get into the big spotlight and Lorna Dane LOST. HER $HIT!

It was extreme high drama and Lorna made a Magneto style helmet from knives and spoons LOOOOOOOOOOOOL~~~~ u go girl!~~

New fan here. All-New X-Factor got me to notice and like Lorna, and I'm hoping to find and read more things with her in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Even though I hated Chuck Austen's run at the time, I looooooooooooove Uncanny X-Men #425 & 426.
    Havok & Polaris finally get into the big spotlight and Lorna Dane LOST. HER $HIT!

It was extreme high drama and Lorna made a Magneto style helmet from knives and spoons LOOOOOOOOOOOOL~~~~ u go girl!~~

What is amazing is that in a love triangle where everyone was behaving badly. I managed to have sympathy for both Lorna and Alex in it. Lorna because after the Genoshan genocide and losing her father there as well she felt Alex was all she had left in the world (when that was gone all hell broke lose) and Alex because he was being mentally manipulated by Carter to have a woodie for his mother.

Marvel had a better 'red wedding' then Game of Thrones ten years later. lol.

It shows Lorna can do really violent things, lapse into full on power and PTSD induced megalomania and still be sympathetic. Obviously, it helped during the Austen era that Lorna was never more powerful or more skilled at manipulating electromagnetism. One can argue in the space arc she did more powerful things, but it was simple things she could do with her powers in the early 80s just on a larger scale. In the Austen era she was really stretching her abilities to the kind of things someone who manipulates electromagnetism which is one of the four basic forces in the universe should be able to do.

Oh, and Lorna back then was as smart as hell and finally was developing her own philosophy on mutant rights and using lethal force against genocidal threats.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-05-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well Alex was being manipulated by both Carter and Austen, who wrote him as his avatar in the comics...oddly enough the scar vanished leaving Lorna to be the luny ex...and I remember Alex and Lorna showing up in the animated series with them being from X-Factor and finding out that Alex was Scott's brother, I'd still love to see a well written Alex stand toe to toe with Scott.

Dear god, Chuck Austen's run sucked. That was probably the worst portrayal of Alex since his whole "double agent for Dark Beast" phase back in the 90's.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Dear god, Chuck Austen's run sucked. That was probably the worst portrayal of Alex since his whole "double agent for Dark Beast" phase back in the 90's.
    I actually think he did pretty well for himself, even his affair and break up with Lorna was given an out that he was mentally manipulated into it and he got to be team leader of an x-title. His interaction with Lorna was one hell of a lot better then what came before and after.

Actual witty lines and their relationship being on equal footing? I would take that any day over relationship to come in the space arc.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-05-2014 at 04:19 PM.

BANNED

I loOoOoOved the Sacred Vows two parter.
    Tan's art was fabulous, the girls (& Northstar!) discussing Gambit and Paige being a total GOSSIP in the front row!!!!!

Meh, that still couldn't redeem that story for me. For me, Austen baited Havok and Polaris fans into thinking that the characters could finally grow a little and stop breaking up constantly. Instead, he just throws it on our face and says "screw you".