Page 425 of 745 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 11164
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I've never really pictured Lorna as a mentor, but with it being with the O5, I could picture her having some sentimental feelings regarding them, even if they aren't the ones she knew and would lead her to wanting to watch over them. I think also because she wants to support her father right now, and with him working with them, of course she would ally herself with them as well. Outside of Jean, I'd like to see her interact with this young Bobby. I've always like the relationship between Bobby and Lorna, so I'd like to see those two form a bond.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Emma is nuts lol. I mean jesus. She is going all in
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Emma is nuts lol. I mean jesus. She is going all in
    There's also this awesome and fitting tweet from her: https://twitter.com/EmmaDumont/statu...31414470172672

This sort of stuff is what I mean when I say I know for a fact that Emma is genuine in her interest. She's doing so much that you just know the studio couldn't and wouldn't force on her.

Not that someone "has" to express interest at this level to "count" as genuine. I want to stress that cause fandom gatekeeping exists and is horribly toxic. This just means it's even clearer and more obvious that Emma's really interested in Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There's also this awesome and fitting tweet from her: https://twitter.com/EmmaDumont/statu...31414470172672

This sort of stuff is what I mean when I say I know for a fact that Emma is genuine in her interest. She's doing so much that you just know the studio couldn't and wouldn't force on her.

Not that someone "has" to express interest at this level to "count" as genuine. I want to stress that cause fandom gatekeeping exists and is horribly toxic. This just means it's even clearer and more obvious that Emma's really interested in Lorna.
    Yeah. It's cool but I mean. I don't know. Now i'm worried for her like mental health if the show doesn't do well haha
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah. It's cool but I mean. I don't know. Now i'm worried for her like mental health if the show doesn't do well haha
    Nah, she's good. Lots of fans create costumes to wear around, dye their hair green, make their own mods to add Lorna to games in their free time, all sorts of things. What Emma's doing is being openly social about her interest - and I think that's something a lot of people aren't used to seeing when it comes to Lorna. That, and actors expressing fan level interest in the characters they play is pretty rare. Which is the whole reason I keep saying we're lucky she's playing Lorna.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

The Polaris thread has reached page 425 and with that, I'll post an iconic image from UXM 425

All yield to the triumphant rise of Queen Lorna!

https://twitter.com/XMEN_SOCIETY/sta...03462554963970

Twitter poll of which Gifted character people are most excited about. Right now, Polaris has the majority of 136 votes at 58%, next one down being Blink at 30%.

Emma Dumont: She's gonna fight for what she believes in... and don't even try to stop her. OCT 2ND on @FOXTV @TheGiftedonFOX

Polaris the defender of mutants and the downtrodden against the forces of tyranny in The Gifted grows ever closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Polaris thread has reached page 425 and with that, I'll post an iconic image from UXM 425

All yield to the triumphant rise of Queen Lorna!
    That certainly made for a pivot point issue with quite a few reverberations to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I've never really pictured Lorna as a mentor, but with it being with the O5, I could picture her having some sentimental feelings regarding them, even if they aren't the ones she knew and would lead her to wanting to watch over them. I think also because she wants to support her father right now, and with him working with them, of course she would ally herself with them as well. Outside of Jean, I'd like to see her interact with this young Bobby. I've always like the relationship between Bobby and Lorna, so I'd like to see those two form a bond.
    I never quite imagined her in this role as well so we will see how it goes and how she does. I will say say the defense of mutants against bigotry in the comics has taken a back seat in recent years and things have really revered to old time heroism against clear unambiguous enemies. We will see how long that lasts.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-18-2017 at 01:23 AM.

BANNED

Nah, she's good. :-)... actors expressing fan level interest in the characters they play is pretty rare. ... we're lucky she's playing Lorna.
    X-actly, Salarta is RIGHT, ALL of this! She's just geekin' out, and really gettin' into it, just like many fans do. Only difference is, she's an actress who also, is actually gonna portray her in live action on TV. Which makes it all the more adorable & endearing, if ya ask me, and I for one... LOVE her for it!

I mean, really...

;p

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Played by Emma Dumont
    Origin The X-Men #49
    Comics Debut 1968
    Power Electromagnetic abilities
    Who’s Your Daddy? “I lobbied hard to get Polaris,” Nix says. “She’s Magneto’s daughter. [Magneto’s supervillain team] The Brotherhood isn’t around either. Where did they go? And what is our Polaris’s relationship to Magneto?”

https://www.tvinsider.com/347289/the...s-thunderbird/
    Found this both really interesting, and REALLY encouraging. My 2 takeaways, NiX really, truly likes the character, if he wanted her so bad. Which suggests he's a fan, and therefore likely gets & understands her - this is GREAT news!

Second, if he had to fight to get her, I'm assuming it's 'cause she was already on "reserve" & they had tentative plans for her elsewhere... which, they still might, hence the "OUR Polaris". Either way, this is ALSO great news!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I forgot to ask where did Emma get those Blink and Polaris figures?

Outside of the comics, I think Lorna's had 3 figs (2 others, besides this one), and 3 statues (2 busts & 1 full). She's also appeared in 2 of the cartoons, been playable in 2 video games, and will now have her first foray into live action with 'The Gifted'. To ALL of this, I would just add... so far. ;D And I can find & post pics of her other merch, too, if ya want.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

https://twitter.com/XMEN_SOCIETY/sta...03462554963970

Twitter poll of which Gifted character people are most excited about. Right now, Polaris has the majority of 136 votes at 58%, next one down being Blink at 30%.
    That's wonderful. I can't wait for the general audience to get to know Lorna, and see what a wonderful character she is. Hopefully this exposure does wonderful things for Polaris, and Marvel finally realizes the untapped potential the character has and let her get even more shine. I mean Blue is a wonderful start, but we all know eventually Marvel will reshuffle their titles once again, and when they do maybe more people will remember Lorna actually exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Found this both really interesting, and REALLY encouraging. My 2 takeaways, NiX really, truly likes the character, if he wanted her so bad. Which suggests he's a fan, and therefore likely gets & understands her - this is GREAT news!

Second, if he had to fight to get her, I'm assuming it's 'cause she was already on "reserve" & they had tentative plans for her elsewhere... which, they still might, hence the "OUR Polaris". Either way, this is ALSO great news!!
    His quote our Polaris was to differentiate The Gifted Lorna from comic Lorna in regard to what might or might not be her family.

But, in terms of her on the show and his quote about having to fight for her it implies they were at least thinking of her for a film.