Page 474 of 745 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t want her with child in comics.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    As for the child, I see it playing out in two different ways. Either she looses the child, and that gives her more reason to hate those who are hunting mutants, or she ends up keeping the child, and wanting to protect it gives her even more incentive to fight against oppression so that it can live in a better world. Both give Lorna her own motivation.
    Actually I was thinking early this week you could even have both happen, her fight much harder to prevent the end of mutants and for a better world, but still loose the child someway. But, yes either, or or both ways it means it’s about her fighting for something greater then herself with an internal motivation.

The mutant revolutionary known as Polaris who founded the Atlanta cell of the mutant underground. In addition to being captured by the police, Lorna discovered that she is pregnant with her and her boyfriend Marcos “Eclipse” Diaz’s child. So does having a new baby on the way mean that Polaris will be ending her resistance days trying to find a way to settle down? Not likely.

“I think she’s someone who runs off endurance and what she thinks is right and wrong and is very much an ‘eye for an eye’ type of girl on whatever she has to do,” Emma Dumont, who plays Polaris on The Gifted, tells ComicBook.com.

“So I think having a small, mutant baby inside of her, I think for a normal person it would make her be more cautious, but I think it's the total reverse where she’s like, ‘I have something in the world to care about and now I’m going to fight even harder,’ and that is probably pretty dangerous.”

http://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2017...aris-pregnant/
    Episode 8 is Threat of eXtinction.

Ultimate Member

It explains why they changed the prison scene as well, or at least that's what occurred to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress of Dictionaries View Post
    Why not?
    Perhaps because the likelihood of it being Alex's kid is something that they'd rather avoid, or that Lorna might get pushed aside if she were with child in the comics...I'd rather if she ever did have a kid in comics they steer far clear of it just being some random guy that she hooked up with or somebody that she wouldn't have a chance of being with for very long...

Why not?
    I think Polaris as character not ready for this yet. And I am not interested in such story for her. I would love her to be a main player in books right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It explains why they changed the prison scene as well, or at least that's what occurred to me.
    The prison scene as originally envisioned was a much more dark scene in everyway with Singer making much more obvious WW2 era parallels and had Stucker calling her a very troubled young woman and basically came off much more of a just following orders, hey its my job kind of guy Here they try to make him seem like he cares significantly more while grounding the scene. They also somewhat mask what he is doing with it given he is trying to use her child as leverage to get to her friends, but its played less obvious here.

Emma Dumont: She sort of goes through a period of three or four episodes where she is really, really down. Then, she sort of comes into her own and more into the Polaris we know from the comics and being that fierce unstopped reckless shameless fierce force. We definitely see her evolve.

http://starrymag.com/emma-dumont-the-gifted/
    I also think the execs wanted to wait on the going too edgy so the first episode was TV-PG. The second is TV-14 L V and looks to be edgier in places.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-06-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Have you seen this yet? New pocs of Emma as Polaris as it seems

Take a look at @CanalFox_la's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CanalFox_la/stat...473900544?s=09

Have you seen this yet? New pocs of Emma as Polaris as it seems

Take a look at @CanalFox_la's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CanalFox_la/stat...473900544?s=09

Thank you for the gifs, Juan!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    From google translate “a young rebel with the power to manipulate Magnetism, Polaris/Lorna, has managed to forge a family with mutant fugitives. After receiving some exciting news she realizes the stakes are even higher. She not only fights for her survival but that of all Mutants.

I think Polaris as character not ready for this yet. And I am not interested in such story for her. I would love her to be a main player in books right now.
    In the case of The Gifted Lorna I think they really want some parallels between Mamma Strucker who looks like she is going to come out the ultimate fierce Momma Bear as her kids are increasingly threatened and Lorna who sounds like she going to go all in with the idea she has to save the mutant race and make a better world for her child after she comes out of a rather large hole.

Typically why fans of genre fear child story lines is they are used to 'tame' strong willed characters or at least greatly temper them so they can put on their mamma bear overalls. Think of Torres in Star Trek Voyager after she got pregnant. They also get used to limit the characters romantic options. Does it have to be this way? No, and The Gifted may in some ways prove the exception to the rule because Mamma Strucker and Lorna may see themselves fighting a war for their children at least for season 1.

With comic Lorna one romantic partner and one man in the closet pinning after her in her 49 years is a poor record. Comic Lorna suffers from a decided lack of adult relationships and interactions. She also hasn't fought for something personal to her in a very long time and as I believe The Gifted Lorna will show and early last decade Lorna shows few things are quite as strong as Lorna on a mission, entirely body heart and soul out to accomplish something.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-06-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The prison scene as originally envisioned was a much more dark scene in everyway with Singer making much more obvious WW2 era parallels and had Stucker calling her a very troubled young woman and basically came off much more of a just following orders, hey its my job kind of guy Here they try to make him seem like he cares significantly more while grounding the scene. They also somewhat mask what he is doing with it given he is trying to use her child as leverage to get to her friends, but its played less obvious here.

I also think the execs wanted to wait on the going too edgy so the first episode was TV-PG. The second is TV-14 L V and looks to be edgier in places.
    It also makes Reed look significantly less douche. If you read between the lines, he's essentially offering her a chance at a better/more stable future for her and her child (or at least he sees it that way).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It also makes Reed look significantly less douche. If you read between the lines, he's essentially offering her a chance at a better/more stable future for her and her child (or at least he sees it that way).
    Yes it did, they also fuzzed up the other side of the equation which helped him. He was offering her a deal for information on her associates and what is on the table was first possible freedom for herself, but she turned that down flat. A not quite so nice version of events was he was using a better life for the child as sort of collateral to get a deal on her associates. Prosecutors can do quid pro quo.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-06-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

If done well Lorna having a kid could be great character development if handled right in the comics, though I don't expect it to happen, and so far her adult relationships in the last several years are Magneto...and I guess Danger and Briar, only one of those is going to be long lasting...

Ultimate Member

The problem tends to be that a lot of writers don't know how to right "kid plotlines" well. Or don't bother to even try.

The idea of paralleling Lorna with Mama Strucker in this regard is actually kind of interesting. Provided that it's done well of course.