Page 475 of 745 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 11164
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Actually I was thinking early this week you could even have both happen, her fight much harder to prevent the end of mutants and for a better world, but still loose the child someway. But, yes either, or or both ways it means it’s about her fighting for something greater then herself with an internal motivation.
    Now that you say that, I can see both happening as well. Polaris making a desperate gamble to get out the prison, for not only her safely, but her child's as well, and then finding out later that she had already lost the child when she returns to the Underground.

Or she never really was pregnant, like some people have suggested, and people were just trying to give her incentive to turn against her friends. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    We saw the actress on the center left in the preview pics.

Last edited by jmc247; 10-06-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem tends to be that a lot of writers don't know how to right "kid plotlines" well. Or don't bother to even try.
    By in large genre tends to be a massive hole when it comes to kid plotlines done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Now that you say that, I can see both happening as well. Polaris making a desperate gamble to get out the prison, for not only her safely, but her child's as well, and then finding out later that she had already lost the child when she returns to the Underground.
    They could go a few ways certainly at this point. I can think of some others.

It would be so creepy if they pulled the Vulcan treatment on her. You know... ripping the baby out and growing it in a lab for reasons such as weapon creation or getting an inside to mutant physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t want her with child in comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think Polaris as character not ready for this yet. And I am not interested in such story for her. I would love her to be a main player in books right now.
    Absolutely agree. No matter what The Gifted does with her pregnancy (or lie about one), Marvel hasn't placed Lorna in any kind of position to be having children in the comics. They haven't acknowledged her mental issues and trauma in a long time (and the worst of her trauma for even longer). They haven't delved into her life growing up in any way beyond her origin story. They haven't included her in major Marvel-wide events - the sort of events that a certain editor tried to roundabout claim she didn't "deserve" to take part in no matter how much of a stake she has in those events. They haven't let Lorna try romances with anyone other than Havok and a tiny suggestive blip on the radar with Gambit. They haven't let Lorna fight for mutant rights like they should've been doing for a long time now.

There's way too much Marvel hasn't done for them to pull a pregnancy storyline. Gifted may pursue it, and hopefully do it well, but Fox doesn't have the history of neglect and character sabotage that Marvel does. If Marvel tried to pull it now, it's a sure bet Marvel would treat her poorly, and there's a decent chance that would be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Typically why fans of genre fear child story lines is they are used to 'tame' strong willed characters or at least greatly temper them so they can put on their mamma bear overalls. Think of Torres in Star Trek Voyager after she got pregnant. They also get used to limit the characters romantic options. Does it have to be this way? No, and The Gifted may in some ways prove the exception to the rule because Mamma Strucker and Lorna may see themselves fighting a war for their children at least for season 1.

With comic Lorna one romantic partner and one man in the closet pinning after her in her 49 years is a poor record. Comic Lorna suffers from a decided lack of adult relationships and interactions. She also hasn't fought for something personal to her in a very long time and as I believe The Gifted Lorna will show and early last decade Lorna shows few things are quite as strong as Lorna on a mission, entirely body heart and soul out to accomplish something.
    Agree with all of this.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I thought she was pretty awesome in The Gifted. Fox has a tendancy to not portray mutants well, and although she may not be 100% loyal to the comics, she was decent in episode 1.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...ries-premiere/

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    I thought she was pretty awesome in The Gifted. Fox has a tendancy to not portray mutants well, and although she may not be 100% loyal to the comics, she was decent in episode 1.
    Being 100% loyal to the comics is kind of impossible for Lorna given one run doesn't tend to be at all loyal to the next in regard to the character and there are only a few defining features of the character present in most runs, but I understand your point.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-07-2017 at 11:24 AM.

https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...65417206448128

The Gifted Twitter saying "Free Polaris"

Also included are the moments leading up to her getting apprehended.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...65417206448128

The Gifted Twitter saying "Free Polaris"

Also included are the moments leading up to her getting apprehended.
    I have a distinct feeling next episode rX for Lorna going to be one of the heart strings pulling ones. They released a high def preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZScFWpi1YU
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Me sitting through Lorna being in prison:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Green is the New Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Green is the New Black?
    Green/Blue is the new black and then Green/Gray is the new black.

Ultimate Member

Well I don't expect Lorna to start sleeping with the other inmates though...

Emma Dumont takes over The Gifted’s instagram account life from NYCC tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheGifted...69451705458688