Page 503 of 745 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    LMAO that's RAFOTSE Polaris.
    Sounds about right, some people don’t remember how bad it can and has gotten for the character in the past.

Anyway, November 20th.

”threat of eXtinction"

THE GIFTED" - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) -- CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

REED DISCOVERS HIS FAMILY'S HIDDEN PAST ON AN ALL-NEW "THE GIFTED" MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, ON FOX

Zach Roerig ("The Vampire Diaries") and Garret Dillahunt ("The Mindy Project") Guest-Star

More refugees pour into the Mutant Underground, but the group faces a threat when they discover one of them is a spy working for Sentinel Services. Meanwhile, Reed visits his estranged father and learns that secrets from his family's past could prove useful in the all-new "threat of eXtinction" episode of THE GIFTED airing Monday, Nov. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-108) (TV-PG L, V)

Cast: Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker; Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker; Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz; Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson; Coby Bell as Jace Turner; Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane; Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar; Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker; Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker

Guest Cast: Elena Satine as Dreamer; Hayley Lovitt as Sage; Jermaine Rivers as Shatter; Garret Dillahunt as Dr. Roderick Campbell; Zach Roerig as Pulse; Paul Cooper as Andreas Von Strucker; Caitlin Mehner as Andrea Von Strucker; Ilan Srulovicz as Interpol Officer; James Dougherty as Pastor; Liza Fagin as Norah; Skyler Samuels as Esme; Renes Rivera as Hulking Mutant; Michelle Kim as Chloe Tan ("Vicious"); Marco Schittone as Young Boy; Raymond J. Barry as Otto Strucker; Stephen Alderfer as SS Agent

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...ate=11/01/2017
    Episode 8 synopsis and cast released by Fox.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... There's really no reason to spend time and money on Blue if looking for something with Lorna in it. Better to commission an artist to do good fanart of her, re-watch the WatXM cartoon or episodes of Gifted online, re-read good issues from past writers that put effort into writing her even with only a few panels of her (e.g. Astonishing X-Men #62-65), etc.
    Agreed, as I'm thisclose to cancelling my script to Blue anyway. Overall, it's been a letdown, compared to what I had envisioned. But to be fair, I do have difficulty managing my X-pectations sometimes, esp. when it comes to my favorites. This, is where I've been at for the most part, for a REAL long time now. I've pretty much resigned myself to it, and am leaning towards just writing modern comics off completely, as a non-factor at this point... to not even be considered any longer. Sad, but that's what it's come to, after so much repeated & continual disappointment. They just don't live up to the hype anymore, for me.

Interesting castings from episode number eight of The Gifted. It brought back some memories and ideas about what might be to come.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-01-2017 at 03:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well once Astonishing ends and Jean and Logan are back who knows there could be two books that need their rosters to be filled and Lorna could go to one of them...
    That would be GREAT, esp. her w/adult Jean, so I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Sounds about right, some people don’t remember how bad it can and has gotten for the character in the past.

Anyway, November 20th.

You are right, and I don't want to be a downer & a complainer, as we Polaris fans do have much to be thankful for from 2017 (in regards to her). I will continue to count our blessings & focus on them, instead, for now. Like all of you I'm sure, I of course want & think she deserves, MUCH more. And so will continue to just have faith it will come, and happen eventually, slow burn that it is. 'Cause I truly believe, in the absolute greatness of her character.

Now I got some serious research to do, thanX to that awesome ep 8 synopsis - WOOT!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-01-2017 at 03:43 PM.

BANNED

Interesting castings from episode number eight of The Gifted. It brought back some memories and ideas about what might be to come.
    Yeh-yeh-yeh, oh boy, OH BOY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Now I got some serious research to do, thanX to that awesome ep 8 synopsis - WOOT!
    Otto I suspect is Baron, the twins well, and then you have a Paster who brought back memories from July.

new live now

some people don’t remember how bad it can and has gotten for the character in the past.
    For the record, I am not saying jmc is saying any of what follows. It's highly likely he is not.

The familiar phrasing of what I'm quoting pinged a familiar potential argument I've had on other issues that I want to address here just for posterity.

Yes, it's true that things could be and have been worse for Lorna, but "it could be worse" should never be the benchmark to judge what's happening with her. Being punched in the face isn't as bad as getting stabbed in the chest, but it's still painful abuse. With enough force or repetition, it can still do major damage or even kill a person. The worst case scenario of "it could be worse" is the potential to actively encourage worse. "If they think they can take it, why stop here? Let's keep going until they complain." Basically, if we accept "it could be worse" as sufficient, then that may very well be the best we'll ever see.

Again, it's highly likely that jmc was not saying any of what I'm arguing against here. His phrasing simply drew out this need for me to address the argument even if nobody here is making it yet. Someone reading this thread might very well be thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Agreed, as I'm thisclose to cancelling my script to Blue anyway. Overall, it's been a letdown, compared to what I had envisioned. But to be fair, I do have difficulty managing my X-pectations sometimes, esp. when it comes to my favorites. This, is where I've been at for the most part, for a REAL long time now. I've pretty much resigned myself to it, and am leaning towards just writing modern comics off completely, as a non-factor at this point... to not even be considered any longer. Sad, but that's what it's come to, after so much repeated & continual disappointment. They just don't live up to the hype anymore, for me.
    Yeah, I was pessimistic about X-Men Blue, but it was pessimism about how long she'd be around and not about the quality of writing. I went into it thinking the writing would be good but she'd be around for only one or two issues. Instead, the writing of her is a mix of bad and non-existent - the latter even when she's the focus of the panel. So, it's even worse than I expected. At least what I expected to happen would've had some good to it. There's nothing good about how Bunn's used her on X-Men Blue to date, and I doubt he's interested in doing better by her at all. Especially after what I've heard he did to Psylocke on Uncanny X-Men.

For X-Men Blue, I used to have a lot of fanciful excited ideas of what Bunn could have done even if she was only there for one or two issues. "Maybe that time machine Magneto's building will pull a teen Lorna to the present." "Maybe Lorna will break out of Goblin Queen's trap with her knowledge of geophysics." "Maybe Lorna will get to have some girl talk with teen Jean from way back, or get to talk to teen Iceman about the love triangle she had with adult Iceman." But no, we get none of that and we never will. If Bunn can't even write her when he puts her in the Malice costume, there's no way he'll write her any other time she's on one of his books. All he'll do is write Magneto, Havok or some other character through her.

My current plan is to drop everything tied to Disney next year unless either Bunn does better by her soon or she's handed off to someone who cares enough about her to put in some effort.

As for Marvel and X-Men comics as a whole, I doubt they'll really do anything with her for 5-10 years. The people there are too beholden to nostalgia to see her value and potential. It's part of why I was so supportive of Fox keeping the film rights. I knew they wouldn't let nostalgia kill potential like Marvel does.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

Then again if Lorna was to join another team she wouldn't be written by Bunn any longer and her view of Magneto could change depending on her new writer and such...

Polaris is the biggest badass since Jean Grey #TheGifted

It’s been over 12 years since I have seen anything like this kind of casual fan response in regard to Lorna.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Anyway, November 20th.

Oooh with the debut of the Strucker twins, things are heating up! Great that we'll be getting some backstory. I wonder how long the mutant underground will last... could it go by the end of the series?
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

14 is the only one of the group she really has any panel time in. The art is good, it’s not a flawless issue by any streach, but it has some old time retro Lorna and she gets at least one decient line.
    I'm looking forward to seeing any response from the Gold X-Men to Lorna (and Danger) working with Magneto. I found Rachel and Kitty's response to Tyke's slip up quite hypocritical and odd, given how often they've worked with Magneto in recent times, as have most X-Men. I feel Rachel of all people should be cool with Lorna. They haven't interacted since returning to earth.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Polaris is the biggest badass since Jean Grey #TheGifted

It’s been over 12 years since I have seen anything like this kind of casual fan response in regard to Lorna.
    This has the potential to be bigger!!