Page 504 of 745 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing any response from the Gold X-Men to Lorna (and Danger) working with Magneto. I found Rachel and Kitty's response to Tyke's slip up quite hypocritical and odd, given how often they've worked with Magneto in recent times, as have most X-Men. I feel Rachel of all people should be cool with Lorna. They haven't interacted since returning to earth.
    Yes, Kitty and Rachel’s responses were odd in Gold 14 for the reasons you described. I don’t think in Gold 15 they will find out that Danger is working with them as I don’t think Lorna will make it to the X-Men until Blue 15.

That being said they might interact with a simulated 60s Lorna and we find out what certain X-Men think about her and Gold team learns Blue is working with her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    This has the potential to be bigger!!
    It certainly does have the potential.

https://instagram.com/p/Ba7IqB5BGUy/
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-01-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Anka posted a pic with Gambit in X-Factor uniform. He is a cover artist for Rogue&Gambit mini. But what if this is a cover for return of All-New X-Factor?

Paniccia told that Rogue or Gambit will be on roster of X team that wasn`t announced yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba-TfTJF...=kristaferanka

Just a puuuure speculation but I would love to see Polaris, QS and Gambit reunited. I don`t want Danger, Warlock and Cypher to return really. Sunfire was ok as a short replacement for QS but he is overpowered.

Would love such team: Polaris, Gambit, Quicksilver, X-23, Bishop, Sage or Psylocke.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 11-02-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Apparently Ghost Rider has a high opinion of Lorna.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 2.00.54 AM.jpg
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Anka posted a pic with Gambit in X-Factor uniform. He is a cover artist for Rogue&Gambit mini. But what if this is a cover for return of All-New X-Factor?

Paniccia told that Rogue or Gambit will be on roster of X team that wasn`t announced yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba-TfTJF...=kristaferanka

Just a puuuure speculation but I would love to see Polaris, QS and Gambit reunited. I don`t want Danger, Warlock and Cypher to return really. Sunfire was ok as a short replacement for QS but he is overpowered.

Would love such team: Polaris, Gambit, Quicksilver, X-23, Bishop, Sage or Psylocke.
    I considered this when I saw Paniccia's tweet, but my pessimism with Marvel has reached a point where I doubt Lorna will star in anything any time soon. I think if there were any plans at all for Lorna beyond "minor supporting plot device for Magneto and Havok," we would've heard about them at the same time we learned of Blink on the Cable book, the coming Rogue & Gambit book, etc. So, I didn't bother bringing it up here. I've learned to stop imagining that current Marvel might be willing to do even the most basic things for Lorna anymore, let alone something like this.

Although I will say this. If ANXF returned, then 1) I hope Peter David (or whoever writes it) does better this time especially with Lorna, having learned from feedback the first time around, 2) I hope Lorna is in her iconic costume or a variation of it, 3) I hope her being Magneto's daughter is acknowledged and used, and 4) I hope she gets to take actual part in broader Marvel/X-Men events. As I've said many times before, ANXF had problems and things I didn't like, but Peter David was also getting better in general from ANXF #7 onward.

However, I would still much prefer a female writer write Lorna instead at least for now. Peter David had problems in how he wrote Lorna (esp around Gambit), Bunn's had problems in writing her around Magneto and Havok, and they're problems I don't think we'd see with a female writer. Marjorie Liu being my example of why I think a female writer would write women better even in a story where a man is the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Apparently Ghost Rider has a high opinion of Lorna.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 2.00.54 AM.jpg
    It's hard for me to tell without context and without having read Ghost Rider's characterization. Entirely by itself here, I can interpret it in at least three ways. One: the high opinion reading where he jokingly acts surprised he got to date Lorna. Two: a derogatory reading (as in, "how did someone this cool end up dating an awful loser like her"). Three: the stereotypical sexual objectification route of "man, how did this guy land such a hot babe."

I'll assume the first one this time for benefit of doubt, and say that it's nice to see her actually namedropped in a positive way. There was a time a few years back when her sole mention on Uncanny Avengers was for Havok to badmouth her as "crazy" without outright naming her.

Thanks for sharing here.
    Last edited by salarta; 11-02-2017 at 02:52 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I considered this when I saw Paniccia's tweet, but my pessimism with Marvel has reached a point where I doubt Lorna will star in anything any time soon. I think if there were any plans at all for Lorna beyond "minor supporting plot device for Magneto and Havok," we would've heard about them at the same time we learned of Blink on the Cable book, the coming Rogue & Gambit book, etc. So, I didn't bother bringing it up here. I've learned to stop imagining that current Marvel might be willing to do even the most basic things for Lorna anymore, let alone something like this.

Although I will say this. If ANXF returned, then 1) I hope Peter David (or whoever writes it) does better this time especially with Lorna, having learned from feedback the first time around, 2) I hope Lorna is in her iconic costume or a variation of it, 3) I hope her being Magneto's daughter is acknowledged and used, and 4) I hope she gets to take actual part in broader Marvel/X-Men events. As I've said many times before, ANXF had problems and things I didn't like, but Peter David was also getting better in general from ANXF #7 onward.

However, I would still much prefer a female writer write Lorna instead at least for now. Peter David had problems in how he wrote Lorna (esp around Gambit), Bunn's had problems in writing her around Magneto and Havok, and they're problems I don't think we'd see with a female writer. Marjorie Liu being my example of why I think a female writer would write women better even in a story where a man is the focus.
    Wasn`t a fan how PAD written Gambit either. And also he threw Remy under the buss for X-Factor cancellation wich is ridiculous. If we will ever get relaunch of All-New X-Factor then I would lke to see new writer. I doubt that PAD had learned smth from feedback.

If X-Factor Investigations will return then I would love PAD to write it.

BANNED

It's hard for me to tell without context and without having read Ghost Rider's characterization. Entirely by itself here, I can interpret it in at least three ways. One: the high opinion reading where he jokingly acts surprised he got to date Lorna. Two: a derogatory reading (as in, "how did someone this cool end up dating an awful loser like her"). Three: the stereotypical sexual objectification route of "man, how did this guy land such a hot babe."

I'll assume the first one this time for benefit of doubt, and say that it's nice to see her actually namedropped in a positive way. There was a time a few years back when her sole mention on Uncanny Avengers was for Havok to badmouth her as "crazy" without outright naming her.

Thanks for sharing here.

Female writer or not...I don't know about Havok but there is absolutely no way you can get away with writing Magneto down to prop someone up unless theyre some new level omnipotent villain..God Doom or Onslaught. That kind of nonsense. Lorna not getting enough panel time has nothing to do with Magneto whatsoever. That line of thinking don't even make any sense. You don't force Lorna..or Magneto into a story...it makes them one note and one dimensional and we've seen enough of that with Iron Man, Wolverine, and when Cyclops was terrorizing all the books.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Female writer or not...I don't know about Havok but there is absolutely no way you can get away with writing Magneto down to prop someone up unless theyre some new level omnipotent villain..God Doom or Onslaught. That kind of nonsense. Lorna not getting enough panel time has nothing to do with Magneto whatsoever. That line of thinking don't even make any sense. You don't force Lorna..or Magneto into a story...it makes them one note and one dimensional and we've seen enough of that with Iron Man, Wolverine, and when Cyclops was terrorizing all the books.
    Okay, what you're talking about is different from what I'm talking about.

My complaint isn't only not getting enough panel time, it's that what panel time she does get, it's all either empty filler or exclusively to make Magneto or Havok look better and put them on a higher pedestal.

I'm saying Lorna needs to be acknowledged as her own character with her own worth and used as such, that she doesn't exist solely to be a sub-character to Magneto or Havok. Almost all of how Bunn writes her ignores who she actually is in service of those men.

What you're talking about - which I never once said - is the idea of completely flipping the script to where Polaris is in charge and everything about Magneto is ignored so Lorna can look better than him. In this scenario, we would see Magneto act shocked by Goblin Queen's attack on the base, followed by Lorna mockingly reminding him that an attack can come from anywhere, ignoring his history just like Bunn ignored Lorna's to make her act the same way. In this scenario, if Magneto was forced by Mojo to wear a uniform he wore in the Holocaust, Magneto would only react with "Oh wow, Mojo put me in a new costume!" while Lorna's wearing what she wore on Genosha and the entirety of what they're facing is the Genoshan genocide from her angle while ignoring that Magneto had anything to do with it.

What I'm saying is that the panels she's in should 1) do more with her, and 2) write her the way she would actually think and behave in the situation. That's all I'm demanding. The thought you're responding to, which I never said, is Lorna getting that while Magneto gets written horribly out of character and has his history ignored and mocked repeatedly for Lorna's benefit, like Bunn has done to Lorna for Magneto.

It's not just panel time. It's how she's written on the few panels she gets. That's why I've repeatedly mentioned Marjorie Liu's use of her. In a four issue story focused almost entirely on Iceman, where Lorna only had like one page's worth of panels total, she still managed to write some actual Lorna and treat her well. Something Bunn hasn't done.

If there's a problem with what I'm demanding, though, then there's a simple answer: take her off X-Men Blue and let another writer write her. No need to worry about panel time or how Magneto gets written if they're not on the same book. I'd prefer they get to interact and I'd prefer Bunn actually care enough about Lorna to start doing better by her, but if it's a choice between keeping them apart or Lorna being written poorly to put Magneto on a pedestal, then I'd rather see them apart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm not going to get my hopes too high about X-Factor coming back, but if it does, PLEASE give them something else to wear. I'm fine with a unified team look, so long as it has individuality. The blue squad all have costumes that have similar themes, but still look different.

Ultimate Member

PAD has a problem with writing his teams as if they exist in their own unique universe all to themselves for the most part and they rarely take part in crossovers and such, Magneto has been written down to prop others up just like every other character has, and I don't think that they're going to have Lorna being written as being better than Magneto...

In better news than the comics failing her.

https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...25011017986048

Gifted account tweeted out the whole clip of Lorna attacking and abducting Jace.

That panel with Ghost Rider was from the Iceman solo, right? I can only imagine what Bobby told the Champions about Lorna xD

I would also sign a petition for an X-Factor return à la PAD! Without Gambit though... he wasn't fitting in the team. I'd love to see Strong Guy back. Also Lorna as head of Serval Industries? Hm... could be interesting.

In better news than the comics failing her.

https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...25011017986048

Gifted account tweeted out the whole clip of Lorna attacking and abducting Jace.
    I loved that collar comment <3

The Orville has been renewed for a second season. Last week’s core demo rating for them was 1.2 for The Orville and The Gifted 1.1.

It’s nice if The Gifted is next in line for renewal. The earlier the better.

Anyone else think that Lorna is definately losing the baby in the Gifted. I think they are setting up the pregnancy to be her "Anya" moment.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Anyone else think that Lorna is definately losing the baby in the Gifted. I think they are setting up the pregnancy to be her "Anya" moment.
    TBH I hope so. I just can't see a pregnant superhero working out that well. Although the concept of her giving birth to highly significant characters from the comics or the show and possible time travel trickery involved is also enticing.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY