Page 507 of 745 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 11164

Interview with Natalie Alyn Lind.

"Being trained by Polaris gives Lauren the edge that she's been fighting for," Natalie Alyn Lind told MTV News ahead of the action-packed episode. Time with an experienced, albeit deeply cynical, mutant like Polaris also gives Lauren the opportunity to see things from a new perspective...

Not to mention, there's a lot of other things to worry about, like Dr. Campbell (Garret Dillahunt), the mutant researcher contracted by the Sentinel Services who has shown a mysterious interest in the Strucker children. Perhaps he sees just how powerful Lauren and Andy could be together, which means Lauren's training is probably going to come in handy sooner rather than later.

"After Episode 9, everything changes," Lind said, explaining that they're currently in production on Episode 11. "Shit's about to get crazy. Everything that we put together in the first eight episodes falls apart and everyone is left not knowing what to do... Lauren and Andy are going to need to rely on each other to survive."

http://www.mtv.com/news/3045762/the-...tant-training/
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Happy Birthday Mr. Steranko.
    I've seen more and more of Steranko and his happiness at his #50 cover in the past year, and I'm really glad to see it. It's nice to have someone who's been directly involved in her history supportive of her, especially one of her co-creators.

Also, someone (I think Emma's stunt double? not sure) created a custom Funko pop of Gifted version Lorna.

More POVs here. I would absolutely buy this if it was available for purchase.

Finally, in one of the times I managed to catch Emma doing live, she answered someone that asked about her father being Magneto coming up with "watch to find out." It'll be interesting to see what comes out of later episodes in the season.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Yes, Kitty and Rachel’s responses were odd in Gold 14 for the reasons you described. I don’t think in Gold 15 they will find out that Danger is working with them as I don’t think Lorna will make it to the X-Men until Blue 15.

That being said they might interact with a simulated 60s Lorna and we find out what certain X-Men think about her and Gold team learns Blue is working with her as well.
    I suppose there's the element of risks, secrecy (breach of trust between Blue and Gold) and moral transgressions, but this could have been explained more clearly. If Scott had given a rebuttal noting their own history of good reasons for working with Magneto, it could have been a far more engaging scene. Unfortunately we have lacked much opportunity for interesting "down time" scenes like this since Blue #10. I fear we won't get many more, but hopefully we'll have that in Blue #15 with Lorna involved.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Interview with Natalie Alyn Lind.
    This is very intriguing! I'm so excited for the next episode!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    I suppose there's the element of risks, secrecy (breach of trust between Blue and Gold) and moral transgressions, but this could have been explained more clearly. If Scott had given a rebuttal noting their own history of good reasons for working with Magneto, it could have been a far more engaging scene. Unfortunately we have lacked much opportunity for interesting "down time" scenes like this since Blue #10. I fear we won't get many more, but hopefully we'll have that in Blue #15 with Lorna involved.
    Down time and indepth conversations are great or when in doubt thought bubbles are helpful. But, it will be interesting to see how much team Gold holds it over team Blue’s head though I can’t see Lorna nor Magneto losing any sleep over it.

Down time and indepth conversations are great or when in doubt thought bubbles are helpful. But, it will be interesting to see how much team Gold holds it over team Blue’s head though I can’t see Lorna nor Magneto losing any sleep over it.
    Indeed, I think Lorna should more than happily stand up for herself.

Do we know how she left Serval's X-Factor? And we still don't know where she's been exactly since leaving Serval. It's perhaps the biggest gap of knowledge of Lorna's whereabouts, ever.

I'm not very familiar with the comics version of Polaris, but the TV version is excellent. They should give the comic version a solo title of the basis of the shows success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Indeed, I think Lorna should more than happily stand up for herself.

Do we know how she left Serval's X-Factor? And we still don't know where she's been exactly since leaving Serval. It's perhaps the biggest gap of knowledge of Lorna's whereabouts, ever.
    I doubt that anyone left X-factor. At least it wasn`t shown.

BANNED

Stupid coppers, don't they realize by now, that our Polaris is:

... basically BULLETPROOF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the comics version of Polaris, but the TV version is excellent. They should give the comic version a solo title of the basis of the shows success.
    I hate to say it but the tv version is a better rendition of Lorna than the comic. They should take cues

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt that anyone left X-factor. At least it wasn`t shown.
    Her inclusion is Blue is indicative of her not being in X-Factor. We can only imagine that it folded in the 8 months following Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate to say it but the tv version is a better rendition of Lorna than the comic. They should take cues
    The TV version did take heavy cues from a comic version not seen in oh 13 years. Unfortunately rather build on the work that comic run and see what worked and what didn't we know what happened after Decimation.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Not the enemy I expected among the options (of if they were fighting a Mojo creation), but BTW the pocket Marvel books is going to retell the story of Giant Sized X-Men next issue which of course was Lorna's swan song on the X-Men until 2003 and the author of which just died this Fall. I will give Gold 15 a shot tomorrow and hope for the best as I said I would do.

The art last month made me realize none of the current X-Men actually know Lorna from her not so fluffy days and I could see how the scene might play out where they get a reminder. That being said I will see what I think of the issue.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2017 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Right now..the TV version is the Lorna we wanted consistently portrayed for comic Lorna since she went to space. They had her too much of a girlfriend in that story but still she had some zing around Vulcan, Crystal, and Luna.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 11-07-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris, Magneto, and Danger facing off against Krakoa could be interesting. Though I do still hope we get to see them face off against Apocalypse still.