Page 508 of 745 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the comics version of Polaris, but the TV version is excellent. They should give the comic version a solo title of the basis of the shows success.
    Among dedicated Lorna fans who have been around to see a lot in terms of depictions, consensus seems to be that Gifted version is the way she should be in the comics but too often is not.

The thing with Marvel is that they're beholden to nostalgia. In Marvel's eyes, Lorna is "supposed" to be the way she was written in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Sometimes we get writers that can capture her core intended nature from the 60s and build on it, but for the most part Marvel prefers to act like she's locked into a specific set of decades that were bad for her and made her look bad in general. They routinely ignore anything that doesn't fit that view of her, such as how she survived the Genoshan genocide while millions died around her, many hoping she would save them.

Of course, I feel that's even more reason to push for a solo book for Lorna. If she's given a solo book, it'll push Marvel to take a real hard look at everything she has to offer that they keep ignoring. Instead of reducing her to nothing but support for other characters (her traditional "role" in the 70s, 80s and 90s), they'll need to recognize her past character development and work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Polaris, Magneto, and Danger facing off against Krakoa could be interesting. Though I do still hope we get to see them face off against Apocalypse still.
    Since this is Gold and not Blue, I'll hold out a little hope that there might be at least one text box acknowledging that Lorna flung Krakoa into space after being supercharged by Storm.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Polaris, Magneto, and Danger facing off against Krakoa could be interesting. Though I do still hope we get to see them face off against Apocalypse still.
    It brings up a interesting question of what foe or in this case simulated foe would have the most emotional response for comic Lorna.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Not sure if this is the artist or if they found it somewhere, but this was tweeted by Aurora Lane on Twitter.

There's also this tweet with screencaps for the preview. This one's my favorite cause I can imagine her giving double middle fingers in it.

Lastly, one of several tweets and Tumblr posts I've seen out there by people asking why she's not the star of a comic book series already: https://twitter.com/mattrworldpeace/...01863289823233 .
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The Gifted is the gift that keeps on giving for Polaris. I hope it has an effect on her comics profile going forward. I'm glad The Gifted is the introduction to the character for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It brings up a interesting question of what foe or in this case simulated foe would have the most emotional response for comic Lorna.
    Malice. This would be a good time to have a Lorna vs possessed Polaris fight

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Malice. This would be a good time to have a Lorna vs possessed Polaris fight
    She already appeared in Malice garb last issue so I expect that is out.

I can see why it would come up though as the length of the mind control plot line was so long and it happened in an era that is viewed by many though not all as well above all others for the X-Men.

In the few scenes she actually kicked ass she was Malice, but when she was getting her ass kicked she became Polaris to everyone funny how that worked.

Interesting I was just reading these comments on Tumbler when you said that.

After Havok leaves Lorna in New Mexico, she gets ambushed by the Marauders, possessed by Malice, and turned into the evil version of Polaris that is one of the more notorious X-Men villains. We’ve seen Malice possess people before, but her possession of Polaris lasts many years. When I started reading X-Men comics in 1988 Polaris had already been turned into Malice, and this was the only version of the character that I knew.

https://gaknar.tumblr.com/post/16706...exico-she-gets
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

I guess that she could have to face off against a crazed Magneto from back when he was a villain, though then again they'd probably just have current Magneto fight him if that came up, though I don't remember Lorna ever really being a quiet trophy anything, and currently the version of Lorna on the show seems to be a female Magneto with a "the boyfriend" significant other...narrow...

Lorna vs Wanda...

Nurse Annie?