Page 51 of 745 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Axis #1 variant cover. People on Tumblr think its Lorna, but no its pretty clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Axis #1 variant cover. People on Tumblr think its Lorna, but no its pretty clearly not.

I "like" how Brevoort's trying to steal away the visual for Lorna with Wanda on Axis while also trying to undermine it on ANXF.

I've decided. If Marvel is going to let the Avengers books pull this crap, and if Lorna doesn't have a meaningful role in Axis equal to her stake in it, then I'm cutting purchases of Marvel products. In the past, I've bought the Deadpool video game and watched and bought films like Thor. I won't be doing that any longer. I'll continue to buy ANXF and Magneto, and do so with Savage Hulk while Lorna's on it. Basically, if it has Lorna in it and it's treating her well, I'll get it. Outside that? The ONLY things I will ever buy from here on out are the films of Captain America and Avengers.

No Thor. No Iron Man. No Ant Man. No anything else they put out. And the only reason I'm not cutting Captain America and Avengers is because Pietro has been on ANXF and the base ability for Wanda to meet with Lorna on ANXF #14. I'd be dropping both of those if the Avengers books hadn't allowed that.

I'm more than willing to accommodate what they ask of me. If they demonstrate they want me to buy their products by being inclusive to Lorna and utilizing what she has to offer, then I'll feel quite welcome enough to at least give their stuff a try. But if they demonstrate they hate me and everything I love with an unbridled passion and go out of their way to screw it over? Well, then they obviously don't want to show me any negative opinions I have of them are wrong, and they certainly don't want me to give a damn about the Avengers. So, then why should I? Better to just grant their deepest wishes and stay as isolated and segregated from the Marvel universe as they've been doing to Lorna.

I also have a plan beyond this. They can have their fun being so desperately spiteful, mean-spirited and backwards that they would rather take Enchantress and modify her hair to make it appear to be green on a cover so they can trick people into reading the book. Every action they take will spawn an equal and opposite reaction from me. Whether they want that reaction to be good or bad for them is really up to them. Right now, they've decided they want me to act against them instead of for them. And I'm ready to stop playing softball with them about this if they push it further.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

sketch Lorna art by viditheworld

UNCANNY X-MEN #29
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    75TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
    75th ANNIVERSARY SKETCH VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
    • Everything over the last several months has been leading to this—a turning point for the X-Men. And it all revolves around their deceased former mentor and leader, Professor Charles Xavier!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #17 & 18
    PETER DAVID (W)
    CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO (A)
    CoverS by KRIS ANKA & JARED FLETCHER
    AXIS TIE-INS!
    Issue #17 -
    • The X-Factor team, having stolen the nuclear football from the President, now has to handle a direct attack on Serval Industries courtesy of Longshot and Sunfire. Meanwhile, Quicksilver is kidnapped under extremely mysterious circumstances.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Issue #18 -
    • Sunfire returns to X-Factor with an odd proposal. Meanwhile the team is dispatched to the Middle East to intervene in an ongoing war between two countries.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

http://community.comicbookresources....ns-AXIS-COMETH!!

Wow, something to look forward to! Love the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Wow, something to look forward to! Love the artwork.
    Just wait until we find out its really the Enchantress in her new look.

Just wait until we find out its really the Enchantress in her new look.
    It's Polaris. Enchantress, no. It's Polaris. When it's Brand, it's Polaris. I will not budge. It's always Polaris no matter what they say. Spread the word!

UNCANNY X-MEN #29
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    75TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
    75th ANNIVERSARY SKETCH VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
    • Everything over the last several months has been leading to this—a turning point for the X-Men. And it all revolves around their deceased former mentor and leader, Professor Charles Xavier!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #17 & 18
    PETER DAVID (W)
    CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO (A)
    CoverS by KRIS ANKA & JARED FLETCHER
    AXIS TIE-INS!
    Issue #17 -
    • The X-Factor team, having stolen the nuclear football from the President, now has to handle a direct attack on Serval Industries courtesy of Longshot and Sunfire. Meanwhile, Quicksilver is kidnapped under extremely mysterious circumstances.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Issue #18 -
    • Sunfire returns to X-Factor with an odd proposal. Meanwhile the team is dispatched to the Middle East to intervene in an ongoing war between two countries.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

http://community.comicbookresources....ns-AXIS-COMETH!!
    Holy crap, Lorna's actually acknowledged in something outside ANXF!

Given it's a 75th anniversary sketch variant, I'd say this more than makes up for her not being on those amalgam covers last year. This is also a very nice reminder that just because the Avengers books love to be horrible lately toward Lorna doesn't mean the X-Men books should be lumped in with them.

I think I may have been too hasty in what I said earlier about restrictions on Marvel stuff I'll buy. I may be frustrated that Lorna hasn't been able to take part in anything outside ANXF, but all in all the X-Men books are still treating her well despite limiting her. And we know the Avengers books control stuff like Axis, so we certainly can't blame the X-Men books for stuff like that. So all that to say, I'll try to continue to be more open to the X-Men side of things.

I'll be buying this, of course. Even if Lorna's only on the cover, as was the case with that special issue of X-Men Legacy.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

chrysanthemumskies

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Does anyone know what the rarity is going to be on that Alex Ross variant? I must have it! It's 10 times better than anything we saw on the X-Men's 50th anniversary.

So, I'm finally up for posting pictures! Some may be reposts, I don't think they are but you never know.

Sketch cover by Shelly Robertson:

Lorna and Wanda cosplay posted by KOCosplay, the cosplayers themselves shown in the description:

Shi'ar costume Lorna by SSaruman, which is up for auction on ebay:

Another Lorna cosplay by Esper Cosplay:

An incredibly silly sketch by averagexmendrawings:

A playful little comic by quinquestian:

And lastly for now, sassimoff made two excellent little pieces here working with bits of ANXF #14:

Wrapping up, I'd like to make another quick and simple observation about the whole Wanda and Enchantress variant cover for Axis and tumblr activity around it.

After the first uploader corrected the tags for the cover, a week's worth of it being on tumblr has left it with (currently) only 81 notes.

http://thebendisageofcomics.tumblr.c...by-mike-mayhew

By sharp contrast, it got re-uploaded two days ago by someone else. They, too, tagged Enchantress as Lorna. Nobody corrected them. So after two days without correction, how many notes does it have?

http://alexhchung.tumblr.com/post/97...by-mike-mayhew

210. 210 notes. What it took the first link with corrected tags to reach in a week, the second link with incorrect tags managed to exceed by 129 more notes in just two days. What does this say? Brevoort's attitude toward Lorna is misguided. His obvious theory that he could treat Enchantress like a replacement Lorna does not, and will not, work. More importantly, Lorna is not as "worthless" as he seems to think she is, and her place within the family is far, far more important than he has the capacity to imagine.

And finally, we know this mistaking Enchantress for Lorna with the Axis variant cover is NOT a matter of making a mistake due to residual popularity of ANXF #14. Marvel undermined that issue. They released the cover far later than they should have, and put Wanda in pink instead of red on the cover.

Pick up ANXF #14 for those who haven't already.

Magneto #10 cover below. I just hope that whatever Bunn may have in mind for Lorna down the road assuming he does have something in mind comes to pass. Its been a strange juxtaposition over the past five years where Lorna's family relationship exist and matter on the current title she is on at any given time, but don't on any other titles, crossovers, or AU comics.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Fantastic Member

Hi everyone,
    This is my first time posting in this fine thread about this fine woman

To the matters at hand, I liked the Lorna Dane of All New X-Factor thus far, a woman who acts and thinks as her own woman and leads a team of very difficult to handle people. I like how much alike she and her father are, yet she is still her own woman. (and don't kid yourself, when she gets angry, she channels a lot of Magneto) I like how she still tries to make everything work and tries to learn from the past. I like how very human she is. I miss her headdress a little though.

Also: nice cosplays, I particularly like the one with Wanda by her side. The cosplayeress not only has a very nice costume, she also has a good skin and just right body with just right curves at just the right spots to wear it. The later cosplayeress is lovely too with wonderful eyes I might add, just the shot is not the best