Page 560 of 745 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah it's a BIT of a tightrope when things which are blatantly known to anyone from the comics might still be viewed as "spoilers" to the general TV audience
    Well yes that article is really making the rounds on the sites where general TV viewers the kind who outside of the films and this show may have never saw the X-Men intermixed with genre fans who read comics and watch animated shows so the reaction continues to information about Lorna's parentage.

Television says: Wow way to ruin the show that we haven’t seen the episode of yet. This is a fantastic show, but this is way too much of a spoiler, I would have rather found out while watching the actual episode.

Jim says: Superman is also Clark Kent. I know. Spoilers!

Dog Says: Also Bruce Wayne is Batman. And Darth Vader is Luke’s father.
    Tis the season to be awful, fa la la la la la…

Abs says: Not a spoiler. Canonical knowledge.

http://tvline.com/2017/12/25/gifted-...laris-magneto/
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-26-2017 at 03:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing Lorna's flashback, and what Lorna "pulls out of thin air".
    Been thinkin' 'bout this in particular & my best guess is, that if she accepts & eventually embraces her heritage:

... then she'll basically lift the hefty legacy it carries, and begin to adopt it:

... ultimately--and literally?--making it her own:

BANNED

Or some variation thereof:

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Though those pics look like she's losing herself in her father's legacy, trying to look as much like him as possible...rather than be herself and go her own way...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Hm.

I could totally see something like that happening, Heroine! That's a good theory as to what she could be pulling out of thin air. A cool moment if she does, creating her own helmet in homage to Magneto.

Hm.

I could totally see something like that happening, Heroine! That's a good theory as to what she could be pulling out of thin air. A cool moment if she does, creating her own helmet in homage to Magneto.
    If Lorna is going to play with Esme she could use some protection though it’s not my first thought on what she pulls out of thin air.

Finally we will see Lorna with his dad????? YESSSSSS #TheGifted

Also check out who liked this post.

... plus worth remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-27-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Hm.

The matter of a helmet in homage to Magneto is good or bad depending on how it's done.

The two times I can think of where it was done very well were in Austen's run when she was left at the altar, and in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon in a bad future where she was the sole survivor of Genosha. In both cases, the helmet represented something deep about the character herself. Austen's run used it as a symbol of her taking an even darker turn, abandoning the last shreds of "civility" as the X-Men expected from her. WatXM used it to represent her loss of innocence, how the trauma of genocide and subsequent isolation broke the naive innocent young girl she used to be as her father's daughter.

The one time I can think of it not being used well was Deadpool and the Mercs for Money. Intent may have been good, but regardless of intent, there was no deeper character meaning to her wearing it. Lack of context beyond "it's a bad future and this is what remains of the X-Men" implied Magneto being her father was the sole reason for that change, and including the Magneto chest piece only added to that impression.

This whole thing raised an interesting thought though: what if Lorna created a helmet for herself that is truly unique, with minimal or no elements of Magneto's helmet? The mere fact of her putting a helmet on at all would be a signifier of it being a father-daughter connection since no prominent X-Men women wear full-fledged helmets.

I personally wouldn't want it to be an immediate permanent change, barring said change accompanying a full-blown comic book solo or leading a flagship team book that Marvel actually promoted this time. Without that, I'd only want to see the helmet used rarely in storylines and possibly "work its way up" across a couple decades to becoming her default look.

As far as Gifted, it could be as simple as making her headgear and that headgear blocking out the Cuckoos, unlike how it presently only looks good (functionality-speaking) in the comics.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The idea of her headgear as mental protection in the comics could have been set up, but they choose not to do it making her headgear a waste of space beyond fashion sense.

Why does this do nothing in regard to telepaths?

But, virtually the same headgear just extending further back implied to be protective?

The modern implication is the metal is reflective of mental powers so there is that. As for the old thinking a combo of Magneto's powers, his mind being so focused and with such high willpower when he is set on something gave him a major layer of mental protection with the helmet being just an additional layer. The idea of a helmet being the end all be all against telepaths really was promoted by the X-Men films and pollinated down to the comics.

In Lorna's Morrison/Austen run the idea of helmets as the alpha and the omega wasn't there yet and 90s thinking was still in force on the topic (as the x-films were just starting) so her nervous system might have been damaged and her mind on fire, but Jean couldn't read her mind easily and neither could Xavier go through her mind easily. That left him without the ability to shut down her mind in Uncanny X-Men 443 without using lethal force.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-27-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Magneto and his daughter, Polaris, are doing so good together. Are you going to **** that up by turning him a villain? What make you think he "IS"? Why can Magneto be consider a hero just like the Punisher? They have so much in common, but more than anything, they deserve love and acceptance. Polaris is starting to have a close relationship with her dad and you're going to **** it up? Not to mention...Malice? Can we at lease explore the father daughter relationship? Or Im I jumping to conclusion

Cullen Bunn: Say “**** that up” just once more. It’s like Beetlejuice. Do it, and that’s what’ll happen.

Acolytes need to come back to Magneto. This team has so much potential. They were the first loyal crew to their lord, Magneto. Now, they can be loyal to his daughter, Polaris. Unuscione (Unus's daughter) is known for her loyalty and she was last seen in Age of X as a member of the Force Warriors. The Force Warriors were specifically organized to create psionic barriers that would protect Magneto's mutant haven, Fortress X. Anyway, my point is ALL the Acolytes need to come back.
    acolytes-r-loyal

Cullen Bunn: Uniscione, huh?

Hmmm.

You don’t say…

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/
    F-bombs edited out and beyond jumping to conclusions which I argued against even if I don't like resurrecting the Malice plot thread again which I long argued should stay buried I will say that I have always believed that going online is not a license to act like you wouldn't in any other venue such as going to Comic Con towards a writer or really anyone. Decency, honor and respectability in a public venue (and the internet is a public venue) I still regard as important even if the rise of social media has done alot to break it down.

One of the things that I have always liked about Magneto as well as Lorna in that militancy or not they keep a level of respectability and nobility about them.

As for the possible return of Uniscione... now that is interesting, I really love the character along with many other Acolytes.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-27-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    F-bombs edited out and beyond jumping to conclusions which I argued against even if I don't like resurrecting the Malice plot thread again which I long argued should stay buried I will say that I have always believed that going online is not a license to act like you wouldn't in any other venue such as going to Comic Con towards a writer or really anyone. Decency, honor and respectability in a public venue (and the internet is a public venue) I still regard as important even if the rise of social media has done alot to break it down.

One of the things that I have always liked about Magneto as well as Lorna in that militancy or not they keep a level of respectability and nobility about them.

As for the possible return of Uniscione... now that is interesting, I really love the character along with many other Acolytes.
    Yeah, I didn't outright say it in my reblog of the post, but the way that asker spoke to Bunn irked me. There's a fine line between expressing complaints and harassing someone. That felt like the latter. That's not to say I'm perfect and haven't made that exact same mistake before, or that I won't make it in the future. It's just that this time, as an outside observer, it felt like the kind of post that I (if I realize it) wouldn't send to the creator.

I do think Lorna fans need to make sure they're not pushovers though. That doesn't mean "go to a creator's blog and harass them if they do something you don't like," of course, but it does mean being very vocal if Marvel does something wrong. I think much of the reason Lorna's looked down on and treated poorly is because for decades she didn't have enough people vocal enough for Marvel to think they were worth listening to.

My reblog of that post focused instead on 1) how wrong the original poster is to claim their relationship can't be explored at the same time as other things like Malice, 2) how not wanting other things explored (like Malice, but not necessarily that) hurts their relationship cause it limits the stories they can have together, and 3) how the poster didn't seem to have a problem with Magneto getting all the focus (between them, not in the arc as a whole) with Mutant Massacre for Blue #14, yet now is complaining when the focus is shifting to something Polaris-centric instead of Magneto-centric.

As for Unuscione, I keep getting a "Jean Grey only not" vibe off of her. I'm obviously open to seeing more there, and her power signature being green would play well into the fandom idea of an "X-Men Green" book led by Polaris, but that's just how she comes off to me. Personally, of redheads (other than Jean of course), I'd be much more interested in seeing Amelia Voght interact with Lorna. Amelia has insight into Xavier and Magneto that could really play into Lorna's character journey, understanding her legacy and the sort of world she was born into.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Today in Blue minicameo alterna polaris

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Totally here for more Uniscione. I've always loved her, and Scanner too (shame she's no longer a mutant), and would love to see Bunn actually develop her. She's got a cool powerset too, and was always one of my favorites on the animated series when she appeared.

Polaris' cameo in Blue was just her being knocked out amongst the other X-Men who had been taken out in the flashback.

Totally here for more Uniscione. I've always loved her, and Scanner too (shame she's no longer a mutant), and would love to see Bunn actually develop her. She's got a cool powerset too, and was always one of my favorites on the animated series when she appeared.

Polaris' cameo in Blue was just her being knocked out amongst the other X-Men who had been taken out in the flashback.
    I thought she was supposed to be môrt, but it doesn't matter.

Among Lorna's tenure on the Acolytes and Genoshan government you had a decent sized cast of Acolytes she interacted with.

Including Frenzy and some others.

Unuscione and Exodus some of the few she didn't interact with there. She interacted with Unuscione in the early 90s. Ironically the same argument that Lorna gave against Unuscione and against violent human bigots led her to Genosha. In 1993 she was arguing for Xavier's dream, just not Xavier's methods. The divide there only became more acute by the time she came to Genosha because at that point it was a mutant/human integrated island kept in control by force of arms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdOVG1nF...arahsharpe1231

Two hour The Gifted season finale info released.