Page 564 of 745 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 11164

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Looks like the next two are going to be big for Lorna, in terms of character and power, and I can't wait. The previews looked awesome!!
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-02-2018 at 09:44 AM.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Last edited by juan678; 01-02-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Queen of Mutants confirmed lol.

I had a sudden (possible) realization a few minutes ago. For years, we've all assumed that Lorna got her last name Dane from her foster parents, the aunt and uncle, and because of that Suzanna's last name couldn't possibly be Dane.

What if we've had it wrong this whole time? What if Lorna could have gotten her last name from her actual parents, and her foster parents aren't named Mr. and Mrs. Dane?

We've never even seen them. It's all been talk, and as far as I'm aware, they've only been mentioned twice in all the past 50 years. Latest was referring to them as "in-laws" in Uncanny X-Men #425. The first time was this page.

There's only one part of this page that, in a quick read, would imply her foster parents have the last name Dane. "And you know now that they're not my real parents!" At a basic read, this sounds like Lorna's saying she thought they were her parents and only recently discovered they weren't.

But wait! Does this really have to mean what we think it means? Here's a couple alternate scenarios. Scenario #1: The aunt lied, telling Lorna that Dane was her maiden name and they had Lorna before getting married. Scenario #2: Lorna knew they were her foster parents all along, and her proclamation of "you know now" is very specific to Iceman learning something Lorna already knew.

Am I saying this reasoning makes more sense than the basic read everyone's followed? Not at all. All I'm saying is that the door to Suzanna's full name being Suzanna Dane may be more open to possibility than we think.

Of course, if I missed something that blows this all apart, share it cause I'd like to know it.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I had a sudden (possible) realization a few minutes ago. For years, we've all assumed that Lorna got her last name Dane from her foster parents, the aunt and uncle, and because of that Suzanna's last name couldn't possibly be Dane.

What if we've had it wrong this whole time? What if Lorna could have gotten her last name from her actual parents, and her foster parents aren't named Mr. and Mrs. Dane?

We've never even seen them. It's all been talk, and as far as I'm aware, they've only been mentioned twice in all the past 50 years. Latest was referring to them as "in-laws" in Uncanny X-Men #425. The first time was this page.

There's only one part of this page that, in a quick read, would imply her foster parents have the last name Dane. "And you know now that they're not my real parents!" At a basic read, this sounds like Lorna's saying she thought they were her parents and only recently discovered they weren't.

But wait! Does this really have to mean what we think it means? Here's a couple alternate scenarios. Scenario #1: The aunt lied, telling Lorna that Dane was her maiden name and they had Lorna before getting married. Scenario #2: Lorna knew they were her foster parents all along, and her proclamation of "you know now" is very specific to Iceman learning something Lorna already knew.

Am I saying this reasoning makes more sense than the basic read everyone's followed? Not at all. All I'm saying is that the door to Suzanna's full name being Suzanna Dane may be more open to possibility than we think.

Of course, if I missed something that blows this all apart, share it cause I'd like to know it.
    Lorna's mother is Susanna Dane. Magneto is the biological father. Susanna was married when Magneto got her pregnant. So the parents who died in the plane crash were Lorna's mother and Lorna's stepfather.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Lorna's mother is Susanna Dane. Magneto is the biological father. Susanna was married when Magneto got her pregnant. So the parents who died in the plane crash were Lorna's mother and Lorna's stepfather.
    I know that. About who her mother and biological father are. And her stepfather being Arnold (as a nod to creator Arnold Drake). And dying in the plane crash. I bought and read X-Factor #243 when it came out.

Only part I forgot was Suzanna (as spelled in X-Factor #243) and Arnold being married at the time Suzanna had the affair with Magneto, but nothing I said in my original post was affected by my forgetting that detail.

My post was about where her last name of Dane comes from, and how the assumption of where she gets it from (her foster parents, not her actual parents) doesn't have to be true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I know that. About who her mother and biological father are. And her stepfather being Arnold (as a nod to creator Arnold Drake). And dying in the plane crash. I bought and read X-Factor #243 when it came out.

Only part I forgot was Suzanna (as spelled in X-Factor #243) and Arnold being married at the time Suzanna had the affair with Magneto, but nothing I said in my original post was affected by my forgetting that detail.

My post was about where her last name of Dane comes from, and how the assumption of where she gets it from (her foster parents, not her actual parents) doesn't have to be true.
    It was her mother's last name when Lorna was born. So she got it from her mother.

If the couple who raised her is the couple Iceman spoke of, she was raised by Arnold's sister and her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It was her mother's last name when Lorna was born. So she got it from her mother.

If the couple who raised her is the couple Iceman spoke of, she was raised by Arnold's sister and her husband.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Suzanna_(Earth-616)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Arnold_(Earth-616)

Their last names aren't revealed. There's a Susanna Dane explicitly named in Civil War: House of M, but she's an alternate version from before X-Factor #243: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Susanna_Dane_(Earth-58163) . That 58163 universe Susanna has the last name doesn't immediately mean 616 universe Suzanna does.

In the Suzanna wiki article, you'll also see this note someone wrote.

In X-Men #52 it is revealed that Lorna was adopted by Arnold's sister and her husband, which means that "Dane" is Lorna's foster father's surname, and thus neither Suzanna nor Arnold can have "Dane" surname (either maiden or through marriage).
    This is what I was trying to talk about with my post. That the assumption I quoted above isn't necessarily true.