Page 565 of 745 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 11164

I missed the show last night, but caught it on Hulu a moment ago. Best episode yet. The pacing of the continuation from the Fall Finale ending and the fallout of Esme's plotting was done well throughout this episode. Between the conflict within the Mutant Underground, the funeral services and mourning moments, attack scene and glimpse of things to come, and Hellfire/Inner Circle revelations, this was an amazing episode packed with major development.

Got a hint of Polaris level up in power. She thinks it's because of the baby. Whatever the case, it looked awesome how she effortlessly slammed that vault door shut considering normal power levels for Polaris on this show. I like the more dark shadowy green power signature.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Suzanna_(Earth-616)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Arnold_(Earth-616)

Their last names aren't revealed. There's a Susanna Dane explicitly named in Civil War: House of M, but she's an alternate version from before X-Factor #243: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Susanna_Dane_(Earth-58163) . That 58163 universe Susanna has the last name doesn't immediately mean 616 universe Suzanna does.

In the Suzanna wiki article, you'll also see this note someone wrote.

This is what I was trying to talk about with my post. That the assumption I quoted above isn't necessarily true.
    No, it's not necessarily true. Sometimes unrelated people can marry people with the same last time. A Smith could marry another Smith. Or maybe Arnold's sister didn't change her last name.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    I missed the show last night, but caught it on Hulu a moment ago. Best episode yet. The pacing of the continuation from the Fall Finale ending and the fallout of Esme's plotting was done well throughout this episode. Between the conflict within the Mutant Underground, the funeral services and mourning moments, attack scene and glimpse of things to come, and Hellfire/Inner Circle revelations, this was an amazing episode packed with major development.
    It was a powerful episode that managed to move the ball forward. The politics was the highlight and in terms of the debating society on what to do Lorna is about done running. The brilliant scenes between Esme and Lorna show both know the score of what each other are trying to do if not the whole picture.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2018 at 05:30 AM.

BANNED

I agree with everything you said, Siena, and just got done watching it again on Hulu myself. The 4-way debate between Polaris, Eclipse, T-bird, & Blink over what to do 'bout the Cuckoos request, was really good, and got me feelin' them more as a unit. It stood out to me more the second time, and felt very... X-Men-ey. Gonna watch it again ASAP, and gotta say, nothin' has had this level of repeat viewing since the cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Got a hint of Polaris level up in power. She thinks it's because of the baby. Whatever the case, it looked awesome how she effortlessly slammed that vault door shut considering normal power levels for Polaris on this show. I like the more dark shadowy green power signature.
    The black ring I am currently thinking is much more important in that regard. It being a power booster and her being drunk on the power is all fine and good and we don’t get into one half of Lorna’s massive past agency problems the comics so often saddled her if it’s a ring of possession nor is the seasons building ideological divide short changed entirely by external plot devices.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2018 at 06:07 AM.

BANNED

I really liked their visualization of the "Kirby Krackle", too, eXcept for miXing red with the green & black... not sure 'bout that, yet, even tho it would make sense 'cause of the aurora thing.

TVLINE | Lorna’s pregnancy has been kind of a nonissue so far. Is that going to change?

Emma Dumont: Yes, 100 percent it’s going to change. She’s only a few months pregnant, and with most mutants, their powers manifest when they’re older, maybe 7 or 13, some in their 20s. But Lorna’s baby is much different, and it affects her in a huge way. I like to say that Lorna has a second manifestation, around Episode 10, of her powers. Her powers totally change, which is a very scary thing.

http://tvline.com/2017/12/03/gifted-...umont-polaris/
    Emma’s various interviews about the power up.

“In the later episodes, we see that the baby starts to affect Lorna’s powers. I’d like to say she has a second manifestation of her powers,” she revealed. “But is that permanent, or is it just using the baby’s? Normally, mutant children aren’t born with their powers already there, so that’s like a very strange thing that it’s already affecting her pregnancy.

https://www.cbr.com/the-gifted-polar...manifestation/
    The phrase ‘it is’ stood out though it’s worded enough to be read a few different ways.

Her relationship with her father or lack thereof will be highlighted as the season progresses, she explains. “There’s a good chunk of the second half of the season that deals with Polaris and her family lineage and the repercussions of that," Dumont says in a phone interview in November. “Her sort of figuring out if she is a good guy or a bad guy. Just because she believes the same things as the person that is her father, what does that mean for her?”

Lorna is an interesting enough character on her own, apart from her relationship with a famous absentee father. After all, her powers are changing, she’s getting stronger all on her own. Her stint being held by Sentinel Services has changed her. While Dumont isn’t sure whether or not these changes are emotional or biological, she’s sure that Polaris is now stronger for it. While her powers changing may be because of her baby, the way she thinks has also been altered.

Dumont describes the old Polaris as a lone-wolf. But, now, she's beginning to think of her child and all of their collective futures.

"When she used to look at young mutants, she just saw young mutants, young kids," Dumont says. "Now, she looks at them and sees a younger version of herself, or she sees her own kid in them. She she takes on a more motherly role. She wants to change their lives."

https://www.bustle.com/p/polaris-con...stions-5539665

BANNED

Liked the quick mention of, "... I KNOW whatta bipolar episode feels like", and hope they delve into it further. I think it's an important issue, and admirable they wanted to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Liked the quick mention of, "... I KNOW whatta bipolar episode feels like", and hope they delve into it further. I think it's an important issue, and admirable they wanted to address it.
    She is in a psyche ward in flashback preview if one looks at the woman's tag. Also, the wording isn't something I have ever heard people use. Manic episode would be the term people use though I know the writers were in effect speaking to people who don't know what manic means to impress their point, but I suspect the asylum next issue would be enough in that regard.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2018 at 08:56 AM.

The Esme/Lorna scene in regard to Lorna's background in episode 11.

https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...14963618131968

Talk about hearkening back to the beginning as well as X-Factor 243.

Also, Lorna's view on Esme's actions in episode 10.

https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...62017352450048
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

is polaris ever gonna be on some new line up of the 2018 x-books?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Ultimate Member

Most likely she'll be kept in the reformed X-Men Blue if anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    My expectation is no. Marvel's shown over the past 8 years that they don't value her, and many cases will actively sabotage her. The most they ever do is technically give her things to offset how they intend to undermine her some other way. Tell her origin story after over 40 years without one, but never promote it so they check it off the list of things they can be called out for. Give her a good showing in Secret Wars, so they can say they did stuff with her before they throw her into a forced two year limbo. Give her a nice cover when she returns, but make the story really all about Havok.

The fact of the matter is, Marvel sees Lorna as a "nobody" character. They don't want to support her. If they did, we would've seen something by now given this year is her 50th anniversary and they deliberately excluded her (while including Havok) from covers to celebrate the X-Men franchise's 50th anniversary back in 2013.

Fortunately, we can make up for Marvel's lack of respect for the character as they do nothing with her. Best to think of and treat her like she's in the public domain since pretty much everyone except Marvel is doing stuff for her. I have a lot in the works in this respect that's not done yet or in planning/outreach stage, and I've been bouncing ideas off other Lorna fans off CBR (E-mail, direct messages on Twitter and Tumblr).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Not before June at the very least, but I prefer at the moment thinking long term.

We the fans helped create a circumstance where that will change and I have no doubt it will change even if not this year it will change in future years.

Polaris fans including all regulars and semi regulars here and elsewhere helped shape what The Gifted did with the character from their early story ideas of her being an unimportant girlfriend character as the showrunner himself said was the original plan (which would entirely follow what she was in the comics for decades) to what she became on the show and certainly the writers and Emma plays a role there, but so too did we as most fandom's wouldn't have been supportive of making a character of such multifaceted ideological and moral ambiguity who at times can be fun to read and watch as well.

The Gifted is mainstreaming concepts with Lorna that have been there on and off and we all know what I am talking about, but that were never allowed to fully mature. People who see Lorna through the lens of a C list girlfriend character will continue to and I don't blame them for not having a greater vision of her because that was the vision through the bulk of her comic history.

Chris Fua: This show has made me like Polaris. Before the gifted I only liked her because havok is one of my favorite X-Men and they are always a package deal on teams lol

Edith G: Lol I see. Yeah she’s defin the most interesting character. The actress that plays her does a great job

https://twitter.com/ChrisFua/status/948213590330245120
    But, the times they are changing because people outside Polaris fandom are getting to see a Lorna that is what many of us long said she could be if given the chance. They would never believe it until they actually saw it and editors and writers at Marvel have suffered the same vision issues in regard to her as fans and it was going to continue without an alternate vision.

The fan above's mind isn't the only one changing or that will continue to change so lets say I am optimistic no matter how things go in terms of comic Lorna the next few years the masses will get to know Polaris and hard core fans with entrenched opinions on the character and her worth will continue their reevaluation of their vision of her.

Oh and I will add the last full page Lorna was in over on X-Men Blue #16 managed to work by making her enjoyable to read while doing some morally ambiguous trolling at the same time. The model has been there for a decade and a half now on how to make a Lorna who is more then a mother hen girlfriend character or a C list copy of her first female friend and that will bear fruit for the character with time because it works and whats more people can see it works for once.

The fact The Gifted is getting a second season and the live action wars are moving towards a close will just speed up the process. Polaris fans still have to argue their case and the character needs allies who see things in similar terms, but nothing shows a character can work as we long argued like the character working way we long argued she could for millions to see in their living rooms.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-05-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm happy that we'll be getting more of Emma Dumont as Polaris. This show has done wonderfully with her, and the fact that a larger audience is finally getting introduced to the character, hopefully means bigger things are coming for Lorna. With a season two on the way, I hope Marvel will take advantage of her growing popularity and attempt to do something with her outside of the norm. The success of Legion has brought him back into the mix, and I hope that something similar will happen with Polaris.

Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-05-2018 at 05:36 PM.