Page 573 of 745 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623673 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    You know what, screw it, Logan's right. Lorna and Havok should be together again so Havok can weep behind a rock and cry for Polaris to save him from Sabretooth.

Havok should get caught by a Sentinel and cry for Lorna to come rescue him from the big bad robot. Havok should sacrifice his life shouting "Lornaaaaaaa" for a plan created by Polaris and Magneto where his death is built into the idea. Havok should be powerless, getting harassed by a biker gang that absolutely terrifies him, when Polaris shows up to rescue him from the gang. Havok should have an issue presented as his big return only for Polaris to be the real star and for Havok to spout about how important Lorna is to the very fabric of his existence throughout their fight. If Polaris appears to die, Havok should isolate himself in an apartment for years with Lorna's old costume and cry about her. If Havok's out there doing things for the X-Men, he should spout lines like "I thought of what Lorna would do and I did it."

By all means, let's see them together again so Havok can get the exact same things done to him that were done to Lorna for decades. Who needs moving on, fixing things and maybe somewhere down the line giving them a relationship that doesn't suck, when we can have some nice comeuppance? Let's do it.
    Love these ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    What kind of new costume you would like to see for Polaris?

I hope it will be something really new for her. I hope from old costume will be left only headpiece.

I think costume must not be green. Maybe only some green stripes.
    Purple, Green & Black plz & thanks.. Also would prefer a crown/head piece & cape

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The early The Twelve Saga and lead in were tough... but it lead in time into Lorna deciding to help develop a mutant homeland which is actually doing something for others after various steps so good did come out of it. ...

Yes, and I think something else you often point to, like somehow maybe... registered in my subconscious, sorta (?), IDK. But whatever, it was a point I definitely took more notice of her (and Sunfire!) & she got "upgraded" in my mind, and started movin' up the ranks. To be fair tho, like I said, I already was paying attention 'cause of X-Factor. But this, THIS must've imprinted & resonated in some unknown way, I've come to believe:

... in retrospect, and like a REVELATION, ideas began to form... as the PARALLELS, became clear, and obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    No kidding. When one is married to a 90's conception of the X-Men, certain characters don't fit anymore. The desperation to restore that old status quo becomes ones life mission.
    I'm just sick of him. He's going to get what he wants in the next Blue arc anyway. Marvel hates Lorna enough to approve of her barefoot in Havok's kitchen, with occasional allowances to go outside if she makes sure not to make a lasting impression on anyone and she has a GPS in her neck Havok can use to come see her wherever/whenever he wants.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-12-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

That would be quite troubling, salarta. Let's save these fantasies for the Havolaris Appreciation Thread, please.

Ultimate Member

That thread has never had anything close to that Siena and salarta knows it, and I've never wanted her as anything close to salarta's view of it...the whole barefoot thing was written by a non X-writer and not likely to ever happen again anyway, bad that it happened but there's again no real chance of that ever happening again regardless of the writer...

I completely forgot the "Lorna stays in Havok's kitchen and practically swoons at the idea of spending the rest of her life as his domestic housewife while he goes to do actual stuff" bit even happened when I wrote my previous post. I thought I was being deliberately hyperbolic to make a point and express frustration. That my attempt at hyperbole fails because it's something that actually happened to her in the comics says a hell of a lot in itself.

Last edited by salarta; 01-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The domestic Lorna who lived only for Alex's enjoyment and fulfillment in the kitchen was not met well even in 1975.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-12-2018 at 05:57 PM.

It's okay, salarta. Most of us got it. LOL

Take solace in the potential goodness coming out of the upcoming Cry Havolaris arc, LoganAlpha30X33. You might love it!

Ultimate Member

Who knows what'll happen in that arc, and even if Bunn does get them back together I'll have to then wait and see how he handles the pair, as the last time that I got excited about a development for Alex/Lorna it was the wedding and that didn't exactly turn out very well for either, and no I've never liked that portrayal of Lorna either salarta, so that's never been how I've wanted Lorna to be written...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yes, and I think something else you often point to, like somehow maybe... registered in my subconscious, sorta (?), IDK. But whatever, it was a point I definitely took more notice of her (and Sunfire!) & she got "upgraded" in my mind, and started movin' up the ranks. To be fair tho, like I said, I already was paying attention 'cause of X-Factor. But this, THIS must've imprinted & resonated in some unknown way, I've come to believe

... in retrospect, and like a REVELATION, ideas began to form... as the PARALLELS, became clear, and obvious.
    Ah, nearly two decades ago now. I mean the writers then and after like Morrison

and Austen picked up the parallels.

But, they didn't do much with it and today the relationship is... what... do TPTB remember they had a close friendship?

As for Lorna and Emma that is an interesting one. Its too bad comic writers didn't think of the possibilities over a decade ago, but we are seeing a version of it play out with Lorna and Esme on The Gifted and see how popular they have fast become. But, the potential of a Lorna and Emma interacting is certainly something I can see as well as being pretty interesting even if the last chance was blown the last time they were on the same title.

Oh and speaking of The Twelve anyone know what issue of the arc or the lead in it is from?

Last edited by jmc247; 01-12-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

I guess that it'll all depend on just how bad/misguided/possessed Bunn writes Emma and how quickly Jean returns to the regular X-Men rather than being off with her own team, after all does Lorna even know that grown Bobby is gay yet, then again having Emma and Magneto on the same title would either work well or they'd try to kill each other so who knows...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So, on The Gifted, I think Lorna will be aligning herself with the Hellfire Club, and that got me thinking. What title do you think works best for Polaris? I was thinking maybe the Black Queen, or the Black Bishop.

BANNED

I would be very, VERY, VERY interested in seeing Lorna & Emma interact in the comics, be on Blue together, and develop a relationship that mirrors & takes advantage of The Gifted's WINNING Polaris/Esme chemistry!!

= =
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-12-2018 at 07:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So, on The Gifted, I think Lorna will be aligning herself with the Hellfire Club, and that got me thinking. What title do you think works best for Polaris? I was thinking maybe the Black Queen, or the Black Bishop.
    LOVE to see Selene, but me thinX she may be a bit too much for this show... a bridge too far, as it were.