Page 578 of 745 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 11164
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think it was long suspected / believed / hinted she was Magneto's daughter though well before the past 8 years to be fair
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Last edited by juan678; 01-15-2018 at 06:15 AM.

more gif

Last edited by juan678; 01-15-2018 at 06:13 AM.

I set the record straight somewhat.

https://twitter.com/comicsexplained/...78354594902016

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I think it was long suspected / believed / hinted she was Magneto's daughter though well before the past 8 years to be fair
    Well yes the writers even in the 60s and 70s post first retcon left the door open and would have her say she 'may or might not be the...' which isn't the kind of statement a writer makes when they want the audience to have certainty on an issue. My assumption of course is editorial got cold feet at the idea of her having a bad dad as it best explains what happened in her original story line and the set of retcons down to erasing the Magneto in the storyline as a Magneto bot created by Magneto.

By the time you got to the 90s the hinting began again that maybe she is. They never even in the 70s had her definitively say she didn't think she wasn't just 'maybe I am not'. Even back to her very first few X-Factor issues they started their hinting again in dreams and other things. Well, Mackie when he got done with X-Factor started writing Mutant X in 1998 where her parentage was most certainly what it was three decades before then. Then you got to Genosha were the hinting that they might be related was heavy as in very heavy of Magneto thinking and talking about Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna in the same shall we say framework.

Morrison for reasons we don't know perhaps because he picked up on what the other writers were doing with her on Genosha or because he read her original story without getting to the undoing of it we don't know had her calling him her father on Genosha in New X-Men 132 in 2002. Austen pondered how can he explain this and that is how we got the DnA test flashbacks on Genosha a year later.

It caused at the time a fair bit of back and forth conflict typically with an argument that boiled down to it wasn't this way when I was getting into comics (insert year). Until about 2005 it was a pretty big issue and Marvel was mostly behind it as seen in her appearing in House of M. But, in the Decimation era her family stuff didn't factor in at all to Milligan's plans and then she was booted into space for a half decade by Brubaker.

The politics changed in that period of time and the x-books became much less enthusiastic about it for various reasons because they really wanted Wanda and Pietro in the fallout of House of M and Lorna became a afterthought at best after Decimation. The space arc also crashed Lorna's popularity among x-fans as well. A newly promoted editor who became the master of almost all things Magnus family related around 2009 when finally getting to resurrecting Wanda and his new power in regard to crossovers basically viewed Lorna at the time as not important enough to be Wanda and Pietro's relations so ignored.

For comic Lorna its been a slow process with her missing is the kind of epic emotional comic arc that even casual fan boys look back and say I remember her from that and connect her too it and she had too small a role in HoM's main story for that. The comic line itself is too fractured these days. But, the TV show is speeding up that process greatly.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-15-2018 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    I think i have a new dream girl, but damn like every girl in this show is a 10, lol.

AVclub.com, The Gifted bows out just as Supergirl returns
    Top pick

The Gifted, two-hour season finale (Fox, 8 p.m):
    We’ve spent much of The Gifted’s first first season with the mutants on the lam, but in this two-part finale, Polaris (Emma Dumont) has had enough of the running—from Sentinel Services, and from the myths of her similarly powered forebears. “This will change everything,” Eclipse (Sean Teale) warns in a preview, but Polaris is just over this shit. The final season-one episodes, “eXtraction” and “X-Roads,” air back to back, but one of reviewer Jesse Hassenger’s mutant powers is being able to sit still for 120 minutes (give or take) at a time, so it’s nothing he can’t handle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    How does any of that mean that I said that Blue was ending, because it doesn't...I was talking about the book as we have it up until the most recent issue, so there's nothing for me to be embarrassed about...and there's no way for you to know that I'm wrong either...
    I can barely make sense of what you're even tryin' to say at this point, and quite frankly, just don't wanna make the effort anymore. Even for the most irreconcilable of contrarians, contradicting yourself, has GOT to be... jumping the shark. SO, with that said:

... Polaris is just over this shit. ...

Ultimate Member

I wasn't contradicting anything, if Blue ended right now everything that I said was right about her having not made any new friends in characters that will last past Bunn's run on the book...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Aww that is cute, I expect the amount of cosplay at the conventions to increase ever further in coming years.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-15-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Canada's video clip of the finale with different audio.

https://twitter.com/CTV_Television/s...37058368217088

Matt Nix interview

Interview with a snipit of tonight's final so spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Top Pick
    The Gifted, two-hour season finale (Fox, 8 p.m): We’ve spent much of The Gifted’s first first season with the mutants on the lam, but in this two-part finale, Polaris (Emma Dumont) has had enough of the running—from Sentinel Services, and from the myths of her similarly powered forebears. “This will change everything,” Eclipse (Sean Teale) warns in a preview, but Polaris is just over this shit. The final season-one episodes, “eXtraction” and “X-Roads,” air back to back, but one of reviewer Jesse Hassenger’s mutant powers is being able to sit still for 120 minutes (give or take) at a time, so it’s nothing he can’t handle.

AVclub.com, The Gifted bows out just as Supergirl returns
    Its been since been quite some time since the show has gotten a top pick by AV Club for the night. Twitter is also going faster then I have seen for the run up then at any time since maybe the first episode.

The Gifted's Emma Dumont teases how Magneto factors into the season finale

Thank Professor X that Fox renewed this X-Men drama for a second season, since the two-hour finale (airing tonight at 8 p.m.) is “for sure a cliffhanger,” says Emma Dumont, who plays Lorna, a.k.a. Polaris, a magnetism-manipulating mutant. “It’s the most on-the-edge thing.”

As the Mutant Underground tries to thwart the genocidal plans of Dr. Campbell (Garret Dillahunt), who wants to take his Hound program national, Lorna must decide how much she wants to be like her radical father, Magneto (who casts a strong shadow without appearing). “Magneto is the entire reason for the last two episodes. He is it even though he’s never mentioned by name and we never see him,” says Dumont.

Although Magneto, who has been portrayed by Michael Fassbender and Ian McKellen in the films, was always trying to do what’s best for mutants, the means by which he tried to accomplish this hurt many people, and thus many view him as a villain. Whenever Polaris realizes she has thoughts similar to his, she gets disheartened and it’s finally time for her to confront that.

“The truth is that they’re exactly the same and she has the exact same beliefs as him. So, she basically needs to decide if she’s going to own it. Is she going to step up and try to fight fire and save mutants, or is she going to back down and sort of be passive about it?” says Dumont, adding that the episode really delves into Polaris’ backstory. “We know the Polaris we see now, but we don’t really know Polaris in the past. We really get to see her as a younger woman, like really reluctant to be a leader and doesn’t really want people to look up to her — maybe even more insecure than we’ve seen before.”

The actress is particularly excited for fans to see the finale not only because of the many nods to Magneto, but also because Polaris finally reveals just how powerful she is. Teases Dumont, “Let’s just say she does something very difficult and tricky that she’s never done before.”

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/15/the-gift...alflow_twitter
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-15-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So. Much. Lorna. Goodness.

I'm super excited/anxious to see what happens tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So. Much. Lorna. Goodness.

I'm super excited/anxious to see what happens tonight.
    Yes, a lot of fans don't know it is an hour earlier and are just finding out even here on CBR so the more the main spoiler thread for informational purposes stays on top the better. Twitter is moving fast today for The Gifted, lets see how it trends tonight.

And, it falls on Lorna's 50th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Very nice Juan keep up the posting.