Page 604 of 745 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 11164

I basically said I liked your outfit. I was playing devils advocate if they are really going to be able to put together a female Batman type of suit right off the bat. A few months after the events in x-roads perhaps.

https://mobile.twitter.com/amazonher...842176/video/1
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-31-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

When I looked it up, it said Molina was drawing the Malice arc. So I think whatever R.B is drawing happens after she's been possessed by Malice. I mean obviously I haven't read the story, so I don't know how it's going to play out, but from the looks of it that picture happens later in the Havok arc I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    When I looked it up, it said Molina was drawing the Malice arc. So I think whatever R.B is drawing happens after she's been possessed by Malice. I mean obviously I haven't read the story, so I don't know how it's going to play out, but from the looks of it that picture happens later in the Havok arc I'm guessing.
    Perhaps, however on Amazon it only has listed RB as an artist, perhaps they are sharing duties for this one? But, yes it might be for a yet unsolicited issued.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/13029...rds=x-men+Blue
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I basically said I liked your outfit. I was playing devils advocate if they are really going to be able to put together a female Batman type of suit right off the bat. A few months after the events in x-roads perhaps.

Emma’s logic with who is she will likely be at times disagreeing and in conflict with inside the club is as sound as your logic for a super suit for protection and doesn’t require questioning Emma’s motives as questioning motives is a double edged sword.

There is a rational arguments to be made for a lot of things including Lorna starting out in Hellfire fashion and moving toward a super full body suit as well.

Oh and I did watch a video clip from one of the video makers you recommended.

https://mobile.twitter.com/amazonher...842176/video/1
    Ok. Yeah i mean I agree it can go a lot of ways and be "good". THe thing I always need to try to keep in mind is that my imagination probably is more than their budget can do. Also, there is a bigger audience than just me and other people are into different things.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Forget #Riverdale, this is my Betty & Veronica #TheGifted

I'd love to see Marcos be introduced into the comics. Hands down the best romantic relationship Lorna has ever had, and overall a great character too.
    It’s a universe better then any comic relationship she had and the writers let her have her own mind and views when in relationship.

I obviously hope they avoid romance with comic Lorna for some time, but longer term I hope comic writers learn from it as the dynamics the comics often set her up with in romantic relationship in the comics dealt with one sided dependency to the max.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Ultimate Member

That view is open for debate but I wonder how much of that is because she's the one in charge and he's the pushover-not saying that Lorna shouldn't ever be in charge or should just be a pushover-... and such and I don't really think that the comic book writers are going to use the show much in how they portray Lorna or any of the others in the future...

Who knows guess it'll depend on if Bunn wants to write her in a romance or if the next writer to write her has their own ideas...that aren't beholden to any show or movie or some such...

There was enough dependency or codependency on to bury the universe with some of her ships.

Even on politics they didn’t have to agree on everything nor was a certain someone accepting that they often didn’t.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Ultimate Member

I never once said that they agreed on everything or that they ever should always agree, I just blame the writers and such for the low bit of dependency more than the characters involved...

Lorna might have been more take charge than Eclipse, but never did either just feel like a supporting character for the other. They both felt like individuals. Nor did we have to endure lame ass scenes where Lorna says dialogue like "All I had to do was ask myself want Marcos would want, and the answer was easy." It's funny how people try to spin stuff.

Ultimate Member

And how many decades has the Gifted been on and how many different writers have written both characters, it's only natural in any pairing that's lasted that long for there to be high and low points, and many here are big fans of any guy that isn't Alex just on the principal of it, as if the character himself made the writers write Lorna that way, and some here have would blame Alex if he ever appears on the show in any way for what they perceive as his sins in the comics but then say that it's a totally separate universe...though now Lorna is more asking what would daddy want...

Highs? For who? The only person befitting from this relationship is he who should not be named. Polaris' star is on the rise, and she's doing it solo.

Ultimate Member

Lorna benefited over the years from the comics relationship otherwise she wouldn't have been an interesting enough character to even bother being used on the show, besides at are you saying that she's only interesting because she's Magneto's daughter, and Alex never really got that terribly big of a push when compared to others in the X-world...the show used Lorna greatly because most of the others were already used, yeah it's on the rise right now but how long will that last...and no I am not saying that she shouldn't get her time in the sun or shouldn't be solo right now, just that Lorna's star on the rise and being in a relationship aren't mutually exclusive points, she didn't/doesn't need to be solo for it to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Lorna benefited over the years from the comics relationship otherwise she wouldn't have been an interesting enough character to even bother being used on the show, besides at are you saying that she's only interesting because she's Magneto's daughter, and Alex never really got that terribly big of a push when compared to others in the X-world...the show used Lorna greatly because most of the others were already used, yeah it's on the rise right now but how long will that last...and no I am not saying that she shouldn't get her time in the sun or shouldn't be solo right now, just that Lorna's star on the rise and being in a relationship aren't mutually exclusive points, she didn't/doesn't need to be solo for it to happen...

So, they only used her because of her relationship with he who should not be named? That's what made her interesting? Wow.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

So, they only used her because of her relationship with he who should not be named? That's what made her interesting? Wow.
    BINGO! There in goes the problem as written by their biggest fan. Thanks for highlighting that Soulsword