Page 616 of 745 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    What is your view on all the memes and so forth out there seeming to directly equate Lorna with her dad?
    The manipulations and videos fans decide to make are a sign of interest in the character so to me it doesn't matter if a Chinese fan wants to put Lorna in a manipulation with live action Magneto and Wanda.

Or if a German fan wants to use a Magneto helmet to make an anniversary sketch.

mistressofmcosplay Today my father's birthday and somehow it's the only birthday that makes me a little sad. Thanks anyway! I say it again and again because who knows maybe I would never have started reading comic books and never started cosplaying. the picture is meant only symbolically because neither am I Polaris nor was my father Magneto.
    Such things are just in the end signs of what fans are actually interested in about Lorna and will spend their time coming up with. That there isn't more Eclaris stuff is a sign the relationship hasn't exactly exploded in interest as of season one of The Gifted even with a lot of screen time given to it though I expect them to continue to try to work on that.

The comics haven't done anything that captivated fans imagination with Lorna for nearly a decade and a half and for some reason while The Gifted has done so. Ask yourself why that is and I can assure you its not for a lack of shipper nonsense nor not from not enough differentiating 616 Lorna from dad as writers since she left for space have by in large bent over backwards as hard as they could to do so including Bunn.

You said last page there isn't alot of interest in comic Lorna which is true, but it wasn't true 14 years ago I can assure you.

I will just ask you what your solution is because you are against our re-involving Lorna in mutant politics idea? You don't want Lorna to be politically active with the greats of the Marvel universe so what is your idea for making the comic version popular again?
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-10-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I am not against reinvolved her in mutant politics at all. I just think in terms of the TV show she is better served in the front of things, more actiony, it keeps her raw emotional state more validated. Otherwise she would come off more as a calculating schemer or sadist or something. I think the point if she is not "evil" but she is thrust into extreme circumstances and has learned the hard way as it were, what to do to deal with oppression. That is what keeps her going that way, not really some intellectual ideology. But that is the show.

For the comics I would love for a Lorna-led BLUE to try to compete with a Jean-led RED and Kitty(or Magik...?)-led GOLD. Although now that I think of it, Magik is a lot closer to Lorna's views already probably. The cast of the 3 books is all over the place and is not neatly sorted in terms of ideologies.

I guess I don't really feel a need to come up with solutions, I just describe the situation as I view it and express hopes or preferences but I don't really control what will occur.

Tons of fans probably are aching for STORM/ROGUE to start "stepping up" a whole lot more in XMEN. Well, those two or EMMA FROST as well. Not nearly enough fans will view LORNA as an equal stature to JEAN GREY you know? That is the flaw in your solution. It just won't be accepted. I think LORNA needs pushes to get popular but if it feels artificial or like a "cash in" thing with the TV show it might alienate comics fans.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ArtStation.com, X-men: The Gifted's Polaris, by Fu sang

Simply STUNNING, one of the best I've seen!
    WOW!! Beautiful ❤_❤

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Tons of fans probably are aching for STORM/ROGUE to start "stepping up" a whole lot more in XMEN. Well, those two or EMMA FROST as well. Not nearly enough fans will view LORNA as an equal stature to JEAN GREY you know?
    You created a catch 22. If Lorna doesn't involve herself in politics because it could step on the toes of other fandom's the comic version won't catch people's interest period. Frankly almost anything she does will step on other characters toes which was the thrust of my argument last week and waiting for the comic version to get popular first before giving her a story line that might help her popularity is a dog trying to catch its tail.

Lorna if one just follows the story lines that don't step on other characters toes it just comes down to 'the girlfriend' and 'the possessed' or a generic hero fighting bad guys none of which is going to make her popular.

Lorna leading a somewhat X-Force like team and slowly getting involved in political matters with her father again is in the end getting involved in politics. You say you worry about Lorna getting involved in political matters again could stir up fan resentment from the like of Storm fans against her. Maybe.

But, I don't actually base what I support or don't support based on the possible position that other fandom's might have about Lorna and where they might believe Lorna should stay in the pecking order for all things X-Men related.

. I think the point if she is not "evil" but she is thrust into extreme circumstances and has learned the hard way as it were, what to do to deal with oppression. That is what keeps her going that way, not really some intellectual ideology. But that is the show.
    Time behind a desk and time in the field needs to be balanced yes. But, we the character should be seen as a grand political architect as well as warrior. Desk generals are hated for a reason as they send young people out to die while putting their lives ahead of them. But, The Gifted writers have earned my trust so far at least in their depiction of Lorna and I am not going to worry they might screw up Lorna’s story next season.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-10-2018 at 06:46 AM.

I'm sorry if all of you believe that something good going to happen to Lorna, you are really crazy. She's just going to be the leader of the team for 5 second and then she get possessed by Malice. And then you know, Lorna is the one that going to be saved and not havok.

Polaris is going to be writted as the lunatic, possessed green hair lady who is leading a team that going to help her true love, this thing .

But, since she is going to be the one who is possessed, havok will be "the heroic best boyfriend of the universe", and yes, he will save her.

And then let's marry and Lorna going to be "the happiest woman in the universe"
    Last edited by jorge17881; 02-09-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Anyway, I really want to see Lorna in something like this.
    Last edited by jorge17881; 02-09-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'd rather Lorna's outfit not scream that she's Magneto's kid, as if she has no identity without Magneto...and no I don't want her wearing something that resembles Alex's look either...as for that speech that wasn't Alex it was Remender as he took a lot of heat for it and didn't respond very nicely to said criticism, though I'm not expecting Bunn to pair them up again anytime soon, before any pairing Alex needs to get healed and univerted and not teaming up with the villains...just gotta wonder though if he's undercover again in one form or another...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    This looks really cool

I think what you said in the other post is far too pessimistic though
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I'm sorry if all of you believe that something good going to happen to Lorna, you are really crazy. She's just going to be the leader of the team for 5 second and then she get possessed by Malice. And then you know, Lorna is the one that going to be saved and not havok.

Polaris is going to be writted as the lunatic, possessed green hair lady who is leading a team that going to help her true love, this thing .

But, since she is going to be the one who is possessed, havok will be "the heroic best boyfriend of the universe", and yes, he will save her.

And then let's marry and Lorna going to be "the happiest woman in the universe"
    My words are inspirational on what could be done with Lorna not what I think will be done. The coming 'Cry Havok' arc and Malice possession does admittedly for me set off alot of worst hits of the 80s alarm bells.

But, we don’t know yet if this story will be a regurgitation of nostalgia for really terrible storylines for Lorna or not regardless of the whiff of it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-10-2018 at 09:58 AM.

BANNED

... She's just going to be the leader of the team for 5 second and then she get possessed by Malice. ...
    The solicits make it sound & look tho, that Malice happens first (#'s 23 & 24), and THEN she becomes leader of her lil' team of vagabonds (#'s 25 & 26, so far). It remains to be seen how long either will last, or lasts, as it were. I'm also hopeful that NOTHING else of what you describe, in your overly cynical predictions, will actually come to pass either. If for nothing else, just 'cause it sounds so awful... and EMPTY, from a creative perspective. Boo on you, for bringing in here, your bad juju.

That is a very nice outfit. Something similar, but unique compared to a lot of other things she wore that would be form fitting and functional for the character yes.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think most of us already have our expectations low when it comes to Blue. It's already starting off on the wrong foot with Malice, and then with the arc itself being titled "Cry Havok", its obvious that a certain someone's story will be taking center stage. However, I am looking forward to this new lineup, and seeing how Lorna brings them together. As much as I've loved the 05, I do wish Polaris' new team were going to be the focus from here on out. It is what it is.

This could be a great X-Force look. Really like it.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-10-2018 at 08:55 AM.

BANNED

Yes...the last thing I wanted to read was Alex Summers, the Uncle Tom of mutantkind, in 2018. Damn sure don't care about no goofy redemption storyline. No one demanded it and no one cares for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Yes...the last thing I wanted to read was Alex Summers, the Uncle Tom of mutantkind, in 2018. Damn sure don't care about no goofy redemption storyline. No one demanded it and no one cares for it.
    You didnt but Alex fans most certainly did

Ok, sorry if i am negative but, i'm tired of havok, malice and everything that has to do with that... Seriously they really need to move on with Lorna.

By the way, that pic of Lorna that I post is from kris anka https://www.instagram.com/p/BYBJtTIF...=kristaferanka I just remove the cape, cut the hair and change the color of the costume.