Page 619 of 745 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 11164
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how grounded they decide to make things next season. They eased up a bit on it towards the end of the season, but outfits and everything else were very grounded at the start.
    I'm really eager to see how different things will look in season two compared to the first one. Polaris' Hellfire look at the end of episodes 13 was fire, and I can't wait to see what else they come up with.

Another great piece! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm really eager to see how different things will look in season two compared to the first one. Polaris' Hellfire look at the end of episodes 13 was fire, and I can't wait to see what else they come up with.
    It was certainly making a bit of a statement, the question is what is her next statement for season two or statements.

Also, comments from Fox Broadcasting President. Hopefully we will start to get some idea when filming restarts, but if last season was any indication we may not know how many episodes until late.

Michael Thorn, Fox Broadcasting entertainment president

What he’s optimistic about: “There’s so much competition—I think there’s almost 500 shows and 60 outlets—and you can still break out. We had The Orville and The Gifted, ABC had The Good Doctor, CBS had Young Sheldon. And we have momentum for midseason shows [like 9-1-1]. I think when you have really great concepts from great creators, despite all of the noise out there, you can still make an impact, and a big one. In a business of failure, it’s always nice to see success—even sometimes when it’s not yours.”

http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/what-...-worries-them/
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-14-2018 at 11:40 AM.

https://twitter.com/PaulCairnduff/st...39965611339778

And fans who thought of her as nothing or a failed concept continue their re-evaluation.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-14-2018 at 01:06 PM.

https://twitter.com/PaulCairnduff/st...39965611339778

And fans who thought of her as nothing or a failed concept continue their re-evaluation.

Her rise continues. With Polaris taking the lead position with Esme at the end regarding the Hellfire Club, I think this trend will only continue to grow throughout season two.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-14-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Her rise continues. With Polaris taking the lead position with Esme at the end regarding the Hellfire Club, I think this trend will only continue to grow throughout season two.
    I can’t be hard on a lot of those who just saw her though the lens of certain depictions which lasted a long time and are willing to give her a second look.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-15-2018 at 06:32 PM.

BANNED

I can’t be hard on a lot of those who just saw her though the lens of certain depictions which lasted a long time and are willing to give her a second look.

Watching the finale again on Hulu..I love this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Watching the finale again on Hulu..I love this episode.
    It really was top notch. It brought up many of the philosophical issues that makes the X-Men relevant to this day.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-15-2018 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Speaking of which, thats someone I cant recall Lorna ever interacting with. Maybe Malice, but not actual Lorna
    ... Pretty sure that's the case, sadly. Strangely ironic tho, is they do share the distinction of being possessed by that very same entity:

... which is SO crazy-weird to me, in an after-the-fact, retrospect way.

They were also marketed together just recently, along with my boy Shiro:

... and given how things turned out for Polaris since then, and that both the others are rumored to be making their live action debuts as well, in Dark PhoeniX later this year... I have a good feelin' the chances of Lorna & Ali finally meetin' up, for some memorable moments, are better than EVER! 8D...

I am guessing Blue 29-31 somewhere.

Lorna assuming she helped build the team roster (which we don’t know yet) set Wolverines against one another sort of by team design.

Looks like Lorna has some Wolverine drama on her hands. Can't wait to see how she puts them in their place.

Looks like Lorna has some Wolverine drama on her hands. Can't wait to see how she puts them in their place.
    Having two Wolverine's on the same title leaves things kind of ripe for conflict. Then again she might be hoping Daken acts like a crappy older brother to Jimmy and toughens him up. Though if the turbulence gets too much she will have to bring down her teaching tools.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-17-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Looking at the coming team Blue it is pretty unstable and looks like its kept together by the Mothervine crisis after that crisis ends might come the 05's return and issues there.

What Bunn has been doing up to now has been a long arc and a subtle one, but basically team O5 and friends was intended to be Xavier's dream and Xavier's tactics to build a better world. Magneto has been worried that their failure to keep the world from spinning out of control would lead to him acting with tactics contrary to that dream.

We haven't seen much of Lorna since November and the little we saw in November combined with the new team structure of X-Men Blue are both signals she is coming to a conclusion on her own that the teens tactics have been nice and all, but the results are another matter.

The issue seems to be building towards an conclusion as the world comes closer to the edge of disaster is in the end do they trust in Xavier's old principles as a rule book to protect the world or not. Its high concepts that in the end are my real interest in the upcoming story arc.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-17-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

Then again you could also wonder how much of Magneto's actions have pushed the world to that edge of disaster, basically in attempting to avoid it does he create it(whether by himself or partially)...though doing a lot of violence because you think that you're doing right is a slippery slope to outright villainy and I'd rather Lorna not become a villain for a time who thinks that she's doing what's right...as for Xavier if it's really him that's back then I wonder how he'd view what Magneto is trying to do...

Lorna becoming someone who did more drastic things for the greater good is far more interesting then any contrived romance. Sign me up.

I bought the first season of The Gifted on Amazon though they have individual episodes for sale as well. I am interested in seeing what they decide on in regard to the cover to next season.

https://www.amazon.com/eXtraction/dp...ifted+season+2