Page 621 of 745 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631671721 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 11164
    Ultimate Member

Well so far the book has mostly been the O5 so she hasn't really had much of a chance to disagree with him on much. As for her leaving as it'll happen someday whether at the end of Bunn's time of writing them or not I could see Magneto be willing to go to some degree or do some act of violence or his plan would mean the deaths of so many that Lorna couldn't agree with it, not that she'd side with his enemy or anything but that she couldn't help him with the plan and if he went ahead with it he'd do it without her and she wasn't going to stick around afterwards at the very least or something of that nature, though I wonder how much of a leeway Lorna as leader will have with Bunn, would he have her fail miserably or because of how he seems to view her and Magneto that he wouldn't allow her to do badly regardless, not saying that she's a bad leader but I don't see Bunn ever having Magneto fail terribly at any mission that he does...

Though I'm also not sure that the upcoming Blue lineup will be around for like 10 issues or anything and is probably only together until the young O5 come back, now that adult Jean and Warren are back and themselves again...though this all still seems like if Magneto owned a company and gave a big powerful job at said company to Lorna, that Magneto being her dad or leading this whole team isn't the reason that she got the lead or that those who she leads join the team...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I bought the first season of The Gifted on Amazon though they have individual episodes for sale as well. I am interested in seeing what they decide on in regard to the cover to next season.

https://www.amazon.com/eXtraction/dp...ifted+season+2
    Yeah probably no chance they use those four as the cover for season 2. I mean, they HAVE to be aware the underground were the true stars and most fans actually are utterly uninterested in the strucker parents. Andy and Lauren, sure.

My guess is season 2 might even show like the two mutant groups side by side somehow like underground and hellfire, possibly with representatives of humanity in background appearing menacing as well
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah probably no chance they use those four as the cover for season 2. I mean, they HAVE to be aware the underground were the true stars and most fans actually are utterly uninterested in the strucker parents. Andy and Lauren, sure.

My guess is season 2 might even show like the two mutant groups side by side somehow like underground and hellfire, possibly with representatives of humanity in background appearing menacing as well
    The schism of the family is good and the schism of the Underground is good. The schism should drive the core drama next season for the Underground and Hellfire I would agree. The goal is to have drama and an interesting story that gets people thinking and gets them watching.

Jace is going to have one of the tougher roles to season if he goes full Purifier. The public doesn’t like religious extremists dedicated to genocidal hated. The idea of fictional revolutionaries is still popular with the masses given public opinion on America’s founding. But, religious extremism is another matter.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Well not to get too political jmc but in many ways the USA was founded as a British colony by religious extremists (puritans and so on) dedicated to genocidal hatred... indigenous americans/black slaves.....

I agree that would not be "appealing" (at least I would hope not) to contemporary audiences

My chief worry for season 2 is they make the Hellfire Club appear overtly villainous and like caricatures instead of more sophisticated nuanced operators. It will be hard, I've said this before, but mass audiences especially composed largely of teenagers, don't really appreciate ethical dilemma and want everything kinda more easily resolvable in their minds as to who to root for/against.

I also think it was a mistake to put those two kinda random characters into the Hellfire Club group (the big strong dude and Fade). Like... do we even care about either of them whatsoever? WHy are they there so prominently? It's just bizarre to me. I feel that might dilute and water down the HC as well, almost like it makes them appear expendable in a way. I would have preferred they got Wes, Shatter, or maybe one of those young kids who Polaris trained and Andy hung out with.

Getting back to just the cover for season 2. Maybe they will pick up on the original season 1 cover theme and show Andy and Lauren against each other but with like a few other mutants nearby them as well such as Polaris/Esme and then Blink/Marcos/Thunderbird. Might also show like Andy vs Lauren, Polaris vs Eclipse, and so on to emphasize strained ties. A cover probably can't have that many characters though or it would appear too "busy" and clunky.

OBEY

BANNED

They won't be too villainous because Lorna's baby is still in the mix.

Well not to get too political jmc but in many ways the USA was founded as a British colony by religious extremists (puritans and so on) dedicated to genocidal hatred... indigenous americans/black slaves.....
    You are discussing your opinion the colonists, the Revolution while I was talking about public opinion. That 16 hundreds Massachusetts was a den of religious extremism, witch hunting, declaring natives heathens to be enslaved or killed and other nonsense is though true is not the popular public image and I was talking image.

My chief worry for season 2 is they make the Hellfire Club appear overtly villainous and like caricatures instead of more sophisticated nuanced operators. It will be hard, I've said this before, but mass audiences especially composed largely of teenagers, don't really appreciate ethical dilemma and want everything kinda more easily resolvable in their minds as to who to root for/against.

I also think it was a mistake to put those two kinda random characters into the Hellfire Club group (the big strong dude and Fade). Like... do we even care about either of them whatsoever? WHy are they there so prominently? It's just bizarre to me. I feel that might dilute and water down the HC as well, almost like it makes them appear expendable in a way. I would have preferred they got Wes, Shatter, or maybe one of those young kids who Polaris trained and Andy hung out with.
    Some teens do like the world simple, but there are many that one would surprise you about. Either way much of it comes down to how well they can balance the screen time with the ever expanding cast.

From what Matt Nix said Hellfire is not in much better shape then the Underground. It sounds like rebuilding it and taking it over will be the early orders of business. So it doesn’t seem they are falling in the trap of presenting them as an 800 pound all powerful entity against the little guy.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    They won't be too villainous because Lorna's baby is still in the mix.
    Nix’s comments have centered on how Hellfire works cross purposes with the Underground this season and I imagine it will be no different next one. Early on I would imagine there will be the least level of antagonism. It’s when they start stepping on each other’s toes in areas and blocking each other that antagonism might build. Obviously there is a lot we don’t know about this Hellfire set up and how they go about things.

Do Esme and Lorna have their own power bases and act semi autonomously? It sounds like to start off with they are just a local affiliates of a shattered network. The triplets refer to in ep 11 the ‘fossils’ running the organization.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2018 at 06:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Nix’s comments have centered on how Hellfire works cross purposes with the Underground this season and I imagine it will be no different next one. Early on I would imagine there will be the least level of antagonism. It’s when they start stepping on each other’s toes in areas and blocking each other that antagonism might build. Obviously there is a lot we don’t know about this Hellfire set up and how they go about things.

Do Esme and Lorna have their own power bases and act semi autonomously? It sounds like to start off with they are just a local affiliates of a shattered network. The triplets refer to in ep 11 the ‘fossils’ running the organization.
    The thing is Lorna isn't gonna be taking orders from no names unless they make it took look like her father left instructions on a implied direction/focus..which she could or may not accept and just change it to her own endgame. She brought a plane down to stop a bigot..how much further will she go to protect mutants and her unborn child?

The thing is Lorna isn't gonna be taking orders from no names unless they make it took look like her father left instructions on a implied direction/focus..which she could or may not accept and just change it to her own endgame. She brought a plane down to stop a bigot..how much further will she go to protect mutants and her unborn child?
    I wasn't talking about Lorna taking orders from Esme. I was talking about how this Hellfire Club gets structured and if they use a divided powers White and Black queen model. Right now there is already an inner circle as per episode 11 of 'fossils' who rule it. I would imagine that one has to deal with the issue of the old inner circle before getting to to point B.

You are correct I believe that there may come a point as there did between Magneto and Shaw where it was decided the group wasn't big enough for the both of them so right now it might be on good terms, but we don't know that either. So far like with the Hellfire group under Magneto we sort of see Lorna seem to view the group as a means to an end to defend mutants, but not anything more then that.

Lorna has to know she has some disadvantages currently over Esme in that she is just learning the ropes, just acquired some not exactly heavy hitters other then Andy from the MU who will need training himself and perhaps most importantly is around three telepaths with no personal mental protection. If Esme and the rest agree to a top down leadership structure then you resolved an issue for later, but if they don't the issue will come back most certainly.

As for the season we are going to get there I expect things will come to a head a whole bunch of ways between the MU and Hellfire, inside Hellfire and between the government and mutants among others. Its also yes it is likely to also be a season where it becomes a question of how to achieve making a new world and what lines to cross to remake the world.

Oh and congratulations on 2,500 posts.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2018 at 09:12 PM.

BANNED

I want saying Lorna would take orders from Esme. They're already been shown to be afraid of Lorna..all 3 of the sisters. I meant whoever the fossils and background Hellfire funders are..the missing Inner Circle.

And yes we will see how heavily Andy depends on Lorna because he kind of likes what the Frost sisters are saying but he obviously doesn't trust them and it was apparent that he felt prouder and protected under Lorna's wing in the last episode..which is why he kept bringing her name up as a point of defiance and being strong instead of leaving and being weak like his parents had pushed him.

2500 heading to 3,000. Thanks.

I want saying Lorna would take orders from Esme. They're already been shown to be afraid of Lorna..all 3 of the sisters. I meant whoever the fossils and background Hellfire funders are..the missing Inner Circle.

And yes we will see how heavily Andy depends on Lorna because he kind of likes what the Frost sisters are saying but he obviously doesn't trust them and it was apparent that he felt prouder and protected under Lorna's wing in the last episode..which is why he kept bringing her name up as a point of defiance and being strong instead of leaving and being weak like his parents had pushed him.
    Alot is up to the Frost sisters and Lorna herself how tight a ship she runs. Either way I think they will immediately likely have their hands too full rebuilding and dealing with immediate threats for it to be intrigue overload at least between White and Black.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2018 at 05:29 PM.

I hope the cuckoos and Polaris cooperate together and I think they will. I don't see any grounds for conflict between them unless the show decides to "reform" Lorna somehow to get her back together with Eclipse (far too many fans are pining for this).

I definitely see grounds for conflict though between Cuckoos/Polaris/Andy and "The Fossils Behind Screens". That to me is almost inevitably just going to happen and the young guard will overthrow them and take over (which could lead to an iconic scene of Lorna resting in a giant throne)

One thing that could help make the Cuckoos a lot more serious contenders would be to evolve their secondary mutation of going diamond. I understand the CGI and everything would probably be impractically costly but it would really be an amazing thing to do and shift them from being sort of... still kind of too fragile, to being capable of taking on enormous tasks by themselves, and actually be a threat to the likes of Thunderbird or robot sentinels etc. I also think it would be a good way to show them kind of "doing it themselves" in case other members of HFC aren't quite tough enough morally, in terms of you know... actually physically demolishing humans who oppose them or get in the way

I feel like The Gifted will soon have fandom rivalries between the like Thunderblink/Eclaris shipping crowd who just want romantic relationships and everyone to be happy and work together peacefully and people who are more interested in a militant/quasi villainous approach to the characters. Because clearly we want very different outcomes for the show
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 02-18-2018 at 08:53 PM.

OBEY

I hope the cuckoos and Polaris cooperate together and I think they will. I don't see any grounds for conflict between them unless the show decides to "reform" Lorna somehow to get her back together with Eclipse (far too many fans are pining for this).

I definitely see grounds for conflict though between Cuckoos/Polaris/Andy and "The Fossils Behind Screens". That to me is almost inevitably just going to happen and the young guard will overthrow them and take over (which could lead to an iconic scene of Lorna resting in a giant throne)
    Agreed that Lorna and the Cuckoos really have no reason to come to blows unless its manufactured. I would also agree far too many are pinning for any easy out they can find for Lorna to be back with Eclipse so they can relive the idea of its them against the world of episode 5.

Frankly there is far more drama to be had with the philosophical schism and it could really make it more then another in a very long line of TV ships. Its really down to if they prefer their relationship to be one of TV's greats or they prefer it to go down as an above average TV relationship. Because, they have a chance for greatness and being remembered long term if they realize and some Eclaris shippers do they should be looking at the long term not the short term.

I feel like The Gifted will soon have fandom rivalries between the like Thunderblink/Eclaris shipping crowd who just want romantic relationships and everyone to be happy and work together peacefully and people who are more interested in a militant/quasi villainous approach to the characters. Because clearly we want very different outcomes for the show
    From what I have seen more then a few shippers fans care much less about Lorna's political agenda then the whole leaving Eclipse aspect that gutted them.

I understand their devotion to an image of what was past even very recent past in this case they emotionally got very attached to, but at the end of the day they are a small fraction of fans watching as the overwhelming bulk watch for drama, characterization and a good show.

The creators had to know they would be ginning this up and hopefully are ready for the the balancing act they have to contend with next season because I am all for Lorna having to work with the Underground next season for some story line, but her flat out rejoining the Underground would kill the politically interesting and multifaceted side of the show.

Its not too hard to give some fans their nostalgic 'feels' of episode 5 without 'fixing' the philosophical schism which I think will be the shows strongest argument to the masses for watching next season over the endless other things out there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2018 at 10:53 PM.

The only thing that makes me think Eclaris won't die off is just well first of all the fact she is pregnant with his kid. Secondly that effect that happens naturally when they touch... I mean that's just special.

But Marcos as a character is just fundamentally a hypocrite, he "gets off" doing cartel business but is scared to death of taking any serious action to protect mutantkind from extremely threatening humans. Makes no sense, he is a total stick in the mud and a weight around Lorna's neck.

I've seen some vids pairing Lorna with Esme. If you edit a video right it feels very convincing actually LOL like the way Lorna kept staring at Esme and almost taking her side over Marcos' repeatedly etc. Now do I think the show will actually go there? Almost certainly not. But hopefully there is a very strong like bond of comrades established between them at least.

I also think it would be DELICIOUSLY ironic for Hellfire to have to work with Carmen's Cartel LOL. That would just explode Marcos' brain completely

I also find it really hypocritical for Thunderbird to be all morally self righteous, the dude was a marine and fought in Afghanistan and even explicitly admitted in the show he "worked with really bad people". I mean christ's sake. This fake Purity by these underground types just gets to me.

And Blink who joined the freaking Brotherhood apparently, has been hunted and persecuted by humanity virtually her entire life, has 0 reason not to join with Hellfire. Only reason she didn't do it is to keep the Thunderblink pairing going (which was a forced pairing and only happened because Dreamer died... now I'm starting to agree more with salarta)

Thunderbird just rubs me the wrong way in the show, he is too bossy all the time, and a hypocrite. Marcos is at least not a jerk like Thunderbird (usually) more of a puppy dog really but he is also a gigantic ignorant hypocrite. I kinda detest both of them

Only males on the show I actually like are probably Andy, Shatter, and possibly Wes I guess

OBEY