Page 622 of 745 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The only thing that makes me think Eclaris won't die off is just well first of all the fact she is pregnant with his kid. Secondly that effect that happens naturally when they touch... I mean that's just special.

But Marcos as a character is just fundamentally a hypocrite, he "gets off" doing cartel business but is scared to death of taking any serious action to protect mutantkind from extremely threatening humans. Makes no sense, he is a total stick in the mud and a weight around Lorna's neck.
    Yes, he is, but so are a lot of people, he doesn't see the disconnect in torturing or killing for Carmen and his much higher order morality he puts up when it comes actions to protect mutants in general. They of course had this debate in the last several episodes or so of the season. Humans have these kind of disconnects, but either way I would say the relationship has quite a bit of dramatic potential as long as there is a realization her views shouldn't be subordinated to his for the good of the ship and so far they haven't been.

The anti-mutant conference had parallels with the Wannsee Conference down to a genocide plan coming out of it. It put the Doctor into the Reinhard Heydrich role as the man who developed a plan for a genocide and the Senator into a Hitler role as the man with the political support to make it happen. And the Underground has no political arm to stop it.

To get the situation to something more akin to 60s America they need a political arm and Hellfire has the outlines of one left over. They need to buy time to avoid mutants being wiped out and that was basically what happened in the finale of buying time which comes at a price in terms of public opinion, but you also need an organization that can the government realizes they can and should work with.

Eclipse and the rest of the MU's position is important for the longer term as once mutants start being able to have a real political say, but near term without Lorna every city and town in America would have had their own drugged up on Kick mutant slaves to hunt down other mutants to be sent into a program that would turn them into mutant slaves to fight other mutants.

I've seen some vids pairing Lorna with Esme. If you edit a video right it feels very convincing actually LOL like the way Lorna kept staring at Esme and almost taking her side over Marcos' repeatedly etc. Now do I think the show will actually go there? Almost certainly not. But hopefully there is a very strong like bond of comrades established between them at least.
    LOL. Friendly hugs.

I also think it would be DELICIOUSLY ironic for Hellfire to have to work with Carmen's Cartel LOL. That would just explode Marcos' brain completely
    I certainly see ways she could come up in the middle of things.

I also find it really hypocritical for Thunderbird to be all morally self righteous, the dude was a marine and fought in Afghanistan and even explicitly admitted in the show he "worked with really bad people". I mean christ's sake. This fake Purity by these underground types just gets to me.
    T-Bird is enraptured by the X-Men 'choosing him' and wants to live up to their legacy. T-Bird alternates between feeling at times its important to be more of a soldier and feeling at times he has to do what Xavier would have wanted him to do.

I have no problem with Blink not joining Hellfire nor of Eclipse and T-Bird not doing so to present another side to the argument. What matters is that its presented evenhandedly when it comes to decisions and debates and the sanctimony be kept in check.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-21-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Thus far, I wouldn't say there is much of a strong bond between Lorna and the Stepfords. The potential is there I guess, but for the time being, Polaris and the Stepfords have the same goals, and agree on the methods to achieve those goals, but Lorna always seemed annoyed with the sisters overall. Every time in the final that Esme tried to connect to Lorna on a more personal level (bringing up her father, and her friends) it seemed to get her aggravated and left me feeling like Polaris wanted to magnetically blast them away lol.

Mark Paniccia's phrase to describe the new upcoming X-Men Blue team is... bad ass.

https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...87089730899968

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thus far, I wouldn't say there is much of a strong bond between Lorna and the Stepfords. The potential is there I guess, but for the time being, Polaris and the Stepfords have the same goals, and agree on the methods to achieve those goals, but Lorna always seemed annoyed with the sisters overall. Every time in the final that Esme tried to connect to Lorna on a more personal level (bringing up her father, and her friends) it seemed to get her aggravated and left me feeling like Polaris wanted to magnetically blast them away lol.
    I don't think Lorna had time to really get to know a personality much outside Esme's of the three. Either way Esme's core tactic was getting under her skin and poking at layers to forcing her to confront the question, because Esme already knew her answer if she did answer the question rather then hide from it. It didn't leave off Lorna and Esme feeling like the best of friends during the episode, but if that means anything for next season we will find out.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-19-2018 at 05:02 PM.

It is a pretty bad ass team, and like that its being described as such. Hopefully we get some great moments for this group while they're together.

Marvel just announced a line wide relaunch for this year. I fear Lorna's push as leader in Blue will be shortlived as I think the book is ending. Unless Bunn is tasked to write its replacement, Im not convinced she will be there

With a new editor in chief, the inevitable reboot meant Blue was going to be reaching its end either this summer, or fall. We'll see if that's for the better or not.

From from this thread's good friend jorge.

If Blue and Gold ends by the end of the year... Kitty I am guessing gets another book, Mags may get one, Red probably stays as is. Lorna could end up in a new book, they could also be turned into a floating team between the team books with its own agenda if one trusts the current x-line can do right with a team butting heads with the core books teams.

The end of the year is of course Lorna's 50th anniversary as a character as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-21-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marvel just announced a line wide relaunch for this year. I fear Lorna's push as leader in Blue will be shortlived as I think the book is ending. Unless Bunn is tasked to write its replacement, Im not convinced she will be there
    One quick thing I will say, purely because I assume nobody else will say or remember it.

Bunn last year was resistant to the idea of him writing a Polaris solo book following the X-Men Blue #8-9 arc, and gave suggestions of various writers who could do it instead. There are all sorts of possible reasons behind his resistance at the time; self-esteem, reaction to complaints, level of personal interest, what corporate will allow, etc. But it's one of many things to keep in mind for what can happen in the future.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

art by Magickmarker

LOL, juan.

Though alot of characters have been shall we say jobbed with cleaning up the Marvel line including Wanda.

Actually the cartoon was sarcastic in an way I am not sure was intended as well because Lorna's new powers Claremont gave her which was supposed to replace her old ones long term along with a planned new code name created psychotic murderous hatred of those around her against her.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-21-2018 at 07:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I don't think Lorna is going anywhere...there is no running from the reaction she has gotten on social media..in Marvel females kicking off 2018, she's a hot property and that editor n chief is definitely aware of that. Shuri is making ground after her performance in BP but Lorna was red hot to end the Gifted season.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    I don't think Lorna is going anywhere...there is no running from the reaction she has gotten on social media..in Marvel females kicking off 2018, she's a hot property and that editor n chief is definitely aware of that. Shuri is making ground after her performance in BP but Lorna was red hot to end the Gifted season.
    The reaction of non-comic book reading fans has been interesting to Lorna. In terms of the parentage issue some started figuring out early on and some later, but the process of deduction was interesting to see.

The family issue is important to fans, but well secondary of course to her being an interesting character with many layers that viewers have to think deeply about in terms of her character and the actions she takes and why she does it and how she sees the world.

For the comic character of late is she compelling? Does she made the audience think? Don't get me wrong she has at times in her past, but in the current era the comic version suffers from a kind of inertia where her biggest fight at the moment I see is breaking through the generic label while convincing comic readers that yes the character could play a metaphoric game of chess with the greats of the Marvel universe.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-21-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    LOL, juan.

Though alot of characters have been shall we say jobbed with cleaning up the Marvel line including Wanda.

Actually the cartoon was sarcastic in an way I am not sure was intended as well because Lorna's new powers Claremont gave her which was supposed to replace her old ones long term along with a planned new code name created psychotic murderous hatred of those around her against her.

I absolutely forgot about this. Interesting. I guess Claremont felt her having Magneto's powers made her seem too much of a duplicate character.

A perspective that I still kind of share, and I believe MANY casual fans do too which contributes to Polaris' relative unpopularity. It's true with X-23 and Wolverine, that being so accepted, in a sense Polaris fits into the more contemporary trend of like "diversifying" legacy type characters by replacing them with younger/female/ethnic versions of the originals.

I think a better route to take in the case of Polaris and Magneto is to differentiate their powers somehow, by portraying how their differences in physiology/personality affect how they use what is fundamentally "the same" power.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I absolutely forgot about this. Interesting. I guess Claremont felt her having Magneto's powers made her seem too much of a duplicate character.
    No, and whats more I think the underlying tension that was motivating Claremont in writing Lorna in that era would have been greatly helped not hurt if Magneto and Lorna were still related.

One has to think about Claremont as a man very very invested in the characters he saw as his. Lorna was in the end the second x-woman and first mutant female best friend to Jean and alot of other things none of which Lorna was seen to be at the end of his run.

Claremont did do the greatest good for any writer in the history of the x-line arguably other then those that created the idea for them, but by the same token he was a fan of some characters over others like the rest of us and his run is a huge part of why fans and many writers don't take her seriously today.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-21-2018 at 01:58 PM.