Page 665 of 745 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675715 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 11164
    Astonishing Member

Something interesting about Phantazia, is Maria Hill mentioned she had gone crazy because she remembered everything about the House of M reality, where she was one of the bodyguards of the Magneto family.
    If they ever repower her, it could be a situation in which Polaris doesnt know her (although I think they may have fought in PAD's X-Factor), but Phantazia has years of memories of Lorna and her family.

she was the first to notice they were under attack
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

I sorta vaguely remember Phantazia now, I guess, after doin' some research. But am likin' her nonetheless, and your idea of her being an antagonist for Polaris, as well as the HoM connections being a factor in that. Love the name, the powers correlation between her & Lorna, and the WILD looks she's had. But found this:

https://rosshughes.deviantart.com/ar...hood-403074741

... and thought it was a pretty damn amazing take.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-07-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Ahhhh I wish I could go to the H&V FF in Chicago today... Emma is so into the character I just can't stand it lol. We are SPOILED by her

As far as your ideas about possible rivals longer term for Polaris yeah good ideas all around any and all of those can work imo, it's just a matter of her being in a book(s) and getting more exposure over time and not being treated as an accessory or subservient to either Magneto or Havok
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Emma is ready for war.

I just might see her next month when she is at a closer event. The character has no bigger promoter and unlike a lot of actors she cares about her comic character and her depiction not just the character she portrays live action.

You Tube video
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-07-2018 at 09:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ... it's just a matter of her being in a book(s) and getting more exposure over time and not being treated as an accessory or subservient to either Magneto or Havok
    Totally agree, with this being absolutely VITAL, to her long-term prosperity. She HAS to be more than just her father with breasts, or her eX's codependent, support unit, 'cause she IS & CAN BE WAY more than that. But I have the utmost faith in the character's potential, so have lil' doubt her renown will continue to grow, on her own.

With that said...
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-07-2018 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

Not singling out...

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    ... instead of the downcast look of regret in the preview. A remorseful eulogy or the tone of guilt...
    ... or ANYONE, but to all, how about PITY? For a fellow Mutant, in a world not her own, duped & likely victimized herself... a casualty, basically. And not all that dissimilar from what Mags seems to display (mercy?) towards the self-afflicted Shaw, to some degree:

... BEFORE, again like him, turning attentions to the REAL perpetrator AND likely puppet master:
    ... a twisted & MOST opportunistic one, who has no qualms about taking advantage of, eXperimenting on, and enslaving ANYONE, let alone Mutants... even the sometimes, already hostile ones.

Also, IMO, she does bear at least a minimum of responsibility for what took place. I know the analogy has been given that's it's like somebody taking the keys to your car, stealing it, and driving away with it. And that's true enough, BUT... you're still riding in it. And tho you may be restrained, bound by your captor in the backseat, say... there's promise you CAN break free, if ya just try hard enough, to save yourself. AND, those around you, all the pedestrians out in the 'streets' & in the path... of the malicious maniac who's taken over. Lorna certainly did just that, MUCH quicker this time, and almost entirely without help (Nightshade's nudging). But not quite quick enough, to avoid any collateral damage & loss. And please, PLEASE, no offense, this is just my two cents.

The gang and even Sage showed up. Lets see how she does in live action Hellfire vs the comic version.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-07-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Miscellaneous 616 Lorna writers

Not everyone made the list. Some appearances amounted to guest star roles and didn't make the main list. But, that doesn't mean they might not have written Lorna

Lorna had alot of writers in her time on Genosha including Claremont. By in large in his 2000 run he followed the developments from Alan Davis of Lorna's role on the island, while having some back and forth tension with Bobby.

[BClaremont and Roy Thomas v2 part I[/B]

Claremont teams up with Roy Thomas Lorna's second writer for this story arc.
    -
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-11-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Claremont and Roy Thomas v2 part II

Wolverine at this point in time was still out for revenge from Fatal Attractions and was preparing an assassination mission Bobby wasn't too happy about.

Lorna covers herself in metal for armor and gives herself over at the end to try to save Bobby.

Outside of Wolverine's failed attempt at assassination (well he got to cut Magneto's spine a year later) the arc ends without much changed.

But, Genosha was sort of a central nexus of alot in the time she was there meaning minor roles when teams like X-Force arrived though not much to say about it.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-07-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

I now tend to wonder if when writers write a character badly like Lorna how much of it is their own view of Lorna and how much is say editorial getting in the way not letting the writer give said character a push that the writer wanted to give them...

Scott Lobdell

In his Eve of Destruction story line in 2001 Magneto declares war on Wakanda. Meanwhile, Lorna is helping refugees in the middle of the Genosha v. Wakanda war.

Wolverine cuts Magneto's spine at the end of the story line and leaves meaning chaos back at the palace for the new few months before the island is wiped out though all we are left with is a tiny flashback of the few moments two years later.

Not much from the Lobdell run with Lorna, but some great art of her.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-07-2018 at 08:17 PM.

What I found interesting was that huge ominous skull on the breast area of Polaris' costume in the Claremont 2000 run. Like her original skull on costume has long ago been totally abandoned but then it's brought back in 2000 hmm.

Reminds me of how Mystique's original outfit with all those skulls around her like waist kind of got retconned away over time because she wasn't such a hardcore straight up "evildoer" anymore

Same kind of idea too with that utterly goofy large "A" like "belt buckle" for Apocalypse... hahahaha. Ahhh, compared to that thing, having a skull on your forehead is understatement

OBEY

I believe the skull Mystique used to wear on her forehead prevented (most) telepathic intrusions, mind reading and mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I believe the skull Mystique used to wear on her forehead prevented (most) telepathic intrusions, mind reading and mind control.
    I did not know that nor do I know how that was explained. But I would view that similarly to the idea Magneto has a special helmet to prevent psychic intrusions. Eventually retconned away and a ferocious willpower combined with the effects of prolonged usage of his mutant ability, accessing the electromagnetic spectrum, altered his brain. Much like Mystique's mutant ability of morphing physiology could be said to cause a natural barrier to psychic intrusion.

OBEY