Page 667 of 745 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671677717 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Lunabelle0 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker and new poster. Mostly I've been moved to share this

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-kids-cooler-than-parents/amp/

And ask your opinions. They put Lorna as worse (And Legion) But I feel their critiques were rather poorly done.
    Welcome to the Polaris Thread. Its always nice having a new poster around. As for the article you can decide for yourself looking at the history overview at the start of the month for her 50th anniversary starting below.

http://community.comicbookresources....iation/page651

I will say this the article focuses too much on first run Claremont which were great years for the X-Men as a franchise, but were really very bad years for Lorna as a character. However, there is more to Lorna's history then that.

Lorna grew since 1993 in terms of the comic version. Her tougher persona, rediscovered edge, and rediscovered family connections worked very well when mixed in with mutant politics and it slowly developed in fits and starts the past 25 years right now she is the most popular character in what is the most popular currently airing super hero TV show.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-10-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Welcome, Lunabelle0!

I wouldn't put much stock into those CBR lists. They're always a mess imo.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think half the time CBR says deliberately weird/wrong stuff in those lists just to get attention and people talking about them
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not singling out...

... or ANYONE, but to all, how about PITY? For a fellow Mutant, in a world not her own, duped & likely victimized herself... a casualty, basically. And not all that dissimilar from what Mags seems to display (mercy?) towards the self-afflicted Shaw, to some degree:

Also, IMO, she does bear at least a minimum of responsibility for what took place. I know the analogy has been given that's it's like somebody taking the keys to your car, stealing it, and driving away with it. And that's true enough, BUT... you're still riding in it. And tho you may be restrained, bound by your captor in the backseat, say... there's promise you CAN break free, if ya just try hard enough, to save yourself. AND, those around you, all the pedestrians out in the 'streets' & in the path... of the malicious maniac who's taken over. Lorna certainly did just that, MUCH quicker this time, and almost entirely without help (Nightshade's nudging). But not quite quick enough, to avoid any collateral damage & loss. And please, PLEASE, no offense, this is just my two cents.
    How could you betray me this way?!?? How dare you! I shall now join forces with those that seek to destroy the spirit of appreciation within this thread.

Anyway, I'm just replying to acknowledge I wasn't ignoring you. I just haven't had a chance to log in on a computer (was reading from a phone and posting from it is a pain). You make a fair point. I certainly did not view it that way and don't share the view, but it makes sense.

National Sibling Day by Emy

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Amazing.

Here is for some master chess playing major conflict and politics to come next season.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-11-2018 at 04:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    ... I shall now join forces with those that seek to destroy the spirit of appreciation within this thread. ...
    Pointing out the obvious? I mean... I thought you already had. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    ... Anyway, I'm just replying to acknowledge I wasn't ignoring you. I just haven't had a chance to log in on a computer (was reading from a phone and posting from it is a pain). You make a fair point. I certainly did not view it that way and don't share the view, but it makes sense.
    That's perfectly fine, I wasn't seeking validation.

Anyway, so when was the last time Malice was killed by her host? When said host forcibly ejected her from their psyche, through sheer strength of will alone? Didn't she normally just hop to some other available body, that was nearby, or whatever? Lorna did that, she KILLED Malice. Polaris, defeated & KILLED Malice, herself!

Well we got to see Polaris breathe a sigh of relief, having expelled an AU Malice from her, then get a bit bemused and disoriented by the fact of all these "alternate versions" out there and kind of the meaning of identity is raised, like how similar to thing A must thing B get before it can be essentially considered to be thing A? She is then reminded abruptly of the shock of what she/Malice did to the Raksha and has some moral guilt over it, trying to assure the surviving/intact Raksha she'll do everything to help the others.

Nothing more from Lorna until the very end of the issue when she walks up to Magneto accompanied by other mutants wearing matching uniforms announcing themselves as the X-Men.

Magneto was badly hurt in his battle against all 4 Mothervine Schemers and he even took a hit of MGH Briar had prepared for him, so that explains why he must be out of the action temporarily. And of course we got a bit about the neo O5 at the end and their continued journeys in space and with Symbiotes/Poison Aliens and all that, with a decent touching scene between Cyclops and Jean too.

Overall if any big fan of Emma Dumont bought this issue due to the cover well... they'll probably be a combination of very confused and disappointed lol. So let's hope next issue it gets into a more Lorna focus.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Overall if any big fan of Emma Dumont bought this issue due to the cover well... they'll probably be a combination of very confused and disappointed lol. So let's hope next issue it gets into a more Lorna focus.
    Its not panel time that is the character's problem. I would have been far happier with her in this issue if she skipped the self flagellation and only showed up one page at the end.. which provided for a great and emotional two page spread.

I said I would give X-Men Blue until issue 25 to convince me one way or the other if I would keep the title on my pull list. His depiction of Magneto continues to be amazing, he has a great cast of characters and his story is great and I will continue buying X-Men Blue for those three things alone at this point.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This issue was more Magneto focused, so we didn't get to see much of Lorna outside of the preview. Her new costume looked really good at the end with the rest of the team, but nothing really significant happened. Hope things start to pick up for Lorna soon.

10,000 posts for the Polaris Thread!!!!!

For a character created 50 years her quest to find a niche and an audience has been a difficult one with writers not agreeing one bit on her voice, her basic philosophy nor even why the character matters. The character finally came into her own in the eyes of millions around the globe on The Gifted this year as viewers were given a chance to get to know and come to appreciate a multifaceted version of the character built upon from her best comic depictions over the years.

The potential of some of her best stories and most interesting and multifaceted characterizations over the years and her history realized in live action form.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2018 at 05:21 AM.

As long as you keep reading there is still the chance to change your mind. I have faith Bunn will write Lorna at least "decently". Like I said to you before, I am not super angry if she isn't written with the same sort of personality as on The Gifted (which Bunn didnt even watch before writing this....), if she is treated more as a boilerplate superhero that is OK as long as she is shown to be competent, powerful, decisive and all of that. And not a lovesick puppy that abandons mission on behalf of the old flame. So far Bunn is mostly hitting the mark, not entirely but mostly. And yes, Mach 2 and Briar to me are more along the lines of how I would like Polaris' personality to be but to me that is like almost "asking for too much". Polaris is in a book, getting panel time, and is leading a team. Let's be grateful for the small things and baby steps.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    And yes, Mach 2 and Briar to me are more along the lines of how I would like Polaris' personality to be but to me that is like almost "asking for too much".

Let's be grateful for the small things and baby steps.
    I said I would wait until X-Men Blue 25 last year until deciding if I would continue buying Blue and I will be. I am buying for Magneto who is being written excellently among other given reasons, but I am not going to get my expectations up again in regard to Lorna. It will help my enjoyment regardless of what happens if I end up happy or not with her story and developments.

Magneto in Uncanny speaking to Xorn about Genosha was more interesting, deep and complex discussion then anything Lorna has had in the comics in well over a decade.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2018 at 05:34 PM.

So she just disappeared from Venomized with no mention?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So she just disappeared from Venomized with no mention?
    I didn't see her there this issue.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2018 at 09:51 AM.