Page 668 of 745 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 11164
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

We still have a couple of issues to go for this arc, but I don't think its asking too much for wanting a writer to have a better grasp of a character. Thus far I haven't been particularity impressed by Bunn's Lorna. He has written her in his Magneto series, and Blue, and I'm always left wanting more from the character. She's seems too reminiscent of the Lorna of the past. He has given her nice moments, but doesn't seem to really give her the same kind of love he does with others. I'm not asking for him to drop everything he's been setting up, but I would like to see more done with the character. I'm still hoping he'll do that with these last couple of issues, but with him having so many characters and plot lines coming to a head, I'm really not expecting much.

I did love that final shot though with her and the rest of the team. I do hope Bunn has her acting as the field leader of the team while Magneto recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    We still have a couple of issues to go for this arc, but I don't think its asking too much for wanting a writer to have a better grasp of a character. Thus far I haven't been particularity impressed by Bunn's Lorna. He has written her in his Magneto series, and Blue, and I'm always left wanting more from the character. She's seems too reminiscent of the Lorna of the past. He has given her nice moments, but doesn't seem to really give her the same kind of love he does with others. I'm not asking for him to drop everything he's been setting up, but I would like to see more done with the character. I'm still hoping he'll do that with these last couple of issues, but with him having so many characters and plot lines coming to a head, I'm really not expecting much.

I did love that final shot though with her and the rest of the team. I do hope Bunn has her acting as the field leader of the team while Magneto recovers.
    It was most certainly a great last two pages between Magneto and Briar’s comments and the final team shot. I also liked the panel where she realized Ms. Sinister engineered it, but the rest not so much.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-13-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Miscellaneous 616 Lorna writers

And back to the grind with miscellaneous Lorna writers.

Marjorie M. Liu

She didn’t write Lorna for long, but it was fun while it lasted.

One has to love the responses of the peanut gallery.

And, Liu’s run with her ends with her waking up in the cold next to Nurse Annie.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2018 at 04:29 AM.

When does Venomized take place in relation to X-Men Blue?

Cullen Bunn: VENOMIZED takes place after X-MEN BLUE 28.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com
    Bunn puts things in chronological order and talks up his love of the Mutant X series.

X-Men: Blue Unveils New Team Led By Magneto’s Daughter, Wolverine’s Sons

But Magneto’s daughter isn’t the only high-profile hero ascending the mantle of X-Men fame. Her shifting allegiances are shared by Jimmy Hudson and Daken, Wolverine’s children (though from different universes -- it’s a comic book, okay?). The latter will likely have conflict, as Jimmy was on the previous team of X-Men while Daken was, until recently, quite a villain. Keeping the three legacy entries in check will be Bloodstorm (Storm’s vampiric alt-version), Xorn, and Gazing Nightshade.

These blue-black bad boys (and girls) will be facing off against Havok -- a love interest for Polaris and the magically evil version of Cyclops.

He’s teaming up with Emma Frost, Miss Sinister, and Bastion to, well, most likely, get beat up on by the kids of the most famous X-Men out there. And, with the fate of the All-New X-Men in flux, this may be the most stable team that Marvel has running right now.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/x-men-b...olverines-sons
    Millions in America and millions more around the world know the name Polaris now due to The Gifted and the data backs that up though it will probably be another year or two in the best circumstances if season 2 is popular it starts to filter down to such articles.

Wolverine’s Sons & Magneto’s Daughter Lead New X-Men Team

Led by the sons of Wolverine and the daughter of Magneto, a new team of X-Men has emerged in the pages of X-Men: Blue #25. The team appears to be Marvel’s planned replacement for the All-New X-Men whose “Xtinction” is being teased. All after just one year on the job, too.

The ascension of these second generation X-Men isn’t as shocking as it might seem. Magneto’s daughter, Polaris has been a major supporting character of the X-Men universe since her creation in the late 1960s. The same goes for the sons of Wolverine in more recent years, with each pulled from a different parallel universe (trust us, it’s not as complicated as it sounds). The trio have all played both villainous and heroic roles in their comic book history, but X-Men: Blue plans to make leaders out of them yet.

In the comics, Polaris a.k.a. Lorna Dane has even served as the leader of X-Factor, a government-sponsored offshoot of the X-Men. The character has enjoyed a rise in popularity after being featured as a main character in FOX’s The Gifted (played by Emma Dumont). But her formation of a new team is primarily motivated by necessity, not a larger “legacy” emphasis.

In X-Men: Blue #25, Polaris decides to bring together a new team of X-Men to take their place until they return.

https://screenrant.com/new-xmen-comic-wolverine-sons/
    I don’t think that Polaris planned that though it would have made for an interesting conversation with Briar if it was a joint effort. I would have preferred to have seen that to the two plus page pity party or the 05 hijacking ten pages from what was sold as The All New Blue team being coming together issue for an extra dollar.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This might or might not mean a lot but the other evening Emma Dumont did a live video chat on instagram promoting some kind of female robotics competition and basically her reply to a question "what surprise or secret can you tell us about the gifted season 2" was "the baby gets born". She made it sound like that wasn't really a secret but I mean, it kind of is? It implies at least a timeskip I guess

So I thought that might be worth putting here
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I didn't see the video, but without her saying the baby is born when things show up again I don't think it can be taken to mean it will be the start of season 2 though it certainly could turn out that way.

Cullen Bunn too today

I was hesitant to send anything, but I think I should, so here goes. Although I have a lot of big concerns about how Polaris will be treated in coming issues (entirely because Havok gets so much more emphasis whenever he's around), I hope that things go well. Especially with Malice. I'm someone that thinks that history could be reworked and improved into something good, and I'd like to see where it can go if its revival starts off well.

Well, obviously Lorna made short work of Malice.

Consider this a vote to keep the new team around in a book forever. That Lorna look definitely needs to stay.

Noted!

Ultimate Member

Anytime any writer reworks any characters history I get nervous, because it can be a good change or a bad one depending on how much is changed and such...

Thank you for making Polaris a leader of the new team lineup. Will they stick around for a while? Thanks!

Cullen Bunn They’ll stick around at least until this Mothervine mess is resolved!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank you for making Polaris a leader of the new team lineup. Will they stick around for a while? Thanks!

Cullen Bunn They’ll stick around at least until this Mothervine mess is resolved!
    Hunt for Jimmy happens to be the next arc (there was talk that Mothervine would be, but that seemingly changed) and the arc after I think comes the Mothervine fallout arc I suspect. In terms of fresh start no one knows how the chips shall fall at this point.

I felt a reluctance to fully commit to the new Blue team so far on the part of TPTB and the 05 taking up 10 pages of Blue 25 was part of that. The sales pitch of the New Blue team that comicsverse puts up is the correct one I feel though I am not sure that is what will happen as an Extinction type do what it takes team.

X-MEN BLUE #25 is the beginning of a new era for X-MEN BLUE. Things are a lot different now, and for some readers, that may be a deterrent. A new team means new characters and new motives. The squeaky-clean consciences of the teenage X-Men are nothing like the rag-tag bunch Polaris manages to gather in this issue.

But, I still encourage any and all X-Men fans to give this issue — and the series — a chance. The new X-MEN BLUE is a great example of a successful reboot that could become one of the best X-Men titles of the summer.

https://comicsverse.com/x-men-blue-25-review/
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Matthew Rosenberg: I love Lorna but no plans right now.

No Lorna on Astonishing for those who were wondering.

Also, from The Secret Science of Superpowers.

Something Lorna did in certain runs.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2018 at 09:59 AM.

The new team will stay for how long? is a one or two issue thing? I REALLY like this new roster and I want them to stay, I'm kind of tired of the same X-Men characters every book, you know? I love Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler etc.. but I really like the idea of having a team of underappreciated X-Men.

Cullen Bunn: They’ll be around for at least a few issues.

I pitched a sort of revolving cast approach to X-Men a little while back, a book that could feature ANY of the X-Men or associated characters for longer arcs and one-shots. Ah, to dream.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...ng-is-a-one-or

Damn I would never have expected Daken to join X-Men Blue. Or for Gazing Nightshade to become a fully fledged member!!! I must admit, I genuinely thought Unuscione & Elixir were to be apart of the new line-up (later additions perhaps? ��) Can’t wait to see what you do with them all!!

Cullen Bunn: Both those characters show up in upcoming issues.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...-daken-to-join
    Oh and thank you Juan.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Meruz
    Claremont’s Secret Assist in Giant-Size X-Men #1
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2018 at 11:35 AM.