Page 694 of 745 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704744 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My hope is that Lorna makes an appearance in the Astonishing X-men annual. I doubt it but she and Alex are sometimes considered honorary O5 members. Even if she wont be in the meat of the story, I hope Jean reconnects with her there
    I know Soulsword pushed and I pushed as well for her to be included in Phoenix Resurrection even when it was clear they forgot her early on. I did for this possible moment to breath some life if small back into their friendship so that they have something that writers and fans at least think about going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Next page almost certainly original X-Men. Maybe Lorna.

I also wanted her on it as a coda of sorts coming full circle from Lorna coming to Genosha to save her from hell on Earth.

Amazing Member

It's obviously not Lorna.

Probably Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno M. View Post
    It's obviously not Lorna.

Probably Logan.
    It’s the teen 05 I believe because she is referring to how some aged/changed and the teens were the other major group to come with ANXM done. It could have quite a conversation with teen Jean and adult Jean.

Lorna barely made it in under the wire thanks to fans into PR so yes I hope, but I am not going to bank on her and Jean getting anything because so many writers are so 80s and 90s focused when Lorna and Jean was most heavily a 60s and Morrison/Austen era thing. A new way forward was hinted at before Jean died, but it’s up to future writers to see its potential.

Jean cared even back in 1968.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-25-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Several issues or not, Lorna wont be taking radical change in mindset or mindset unless shes handed off to some lazy writer.
    So then any writer is lazy if they don't write a character the way that you want them to...hmm...who knows how she'll be written by whoever writes her after Bunn, and said writer is free to change her views as they see fit, as for the show, we'll have to wait and see, it's up against some formidable competition in its timeslot, so I'm taking a wait and see approach...as for the annual aside from them trying to set up the next storyline I don't expect Alex to show up in it as they've forgotten that he's even Corsair's son and not sure about Lorna...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So then any writer is lazy if they don't write a character the way that you want them to...hmm...who knows how she'll be written by whoever writes her after Bunn, and said writer is free to change her views as they see fit, as for the show, we'll have to wait and see, it's up against some formidable competition in its timeslot, so I'm taking a wait and see approach...as for the annual aside from them trying to set up the next storyline I don't expect Alex to show up in it as they've forgotten that he's even Corsair's son and not sure about Lorna...
    Nah..they arent lazy bevause thdy dont write them how I want. They are lazy if they arent consistent and go off the rails like Bendis does all the time. He creates fake timelines and does weird status quo New Avenger line ups because he cant nail voices down for characters. Transparent. And his little fanbase falls for it all the time. He wrote a horrible Dr. Doom. There is no reason for Lorna to be dragged in some Fraction level garbage that would take 8 years to recover from.

Ultimate Member

I'm no fan of Bendis, and one could say that the writers weren't consistent with how they have characters treating Magneto or him acting in his past and such as well so it's all relative...not a big Fraction fan either so there's that...I just know that this version of Lorna that is in the comics now won't be the one that will be in the comics a few years from now regardless of who is writing her or if she's back with Alex or not...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm no fan of Bendis, and one could say that the writers weren't consistent with how they have characters treating Magneto or him acting in his past and such as well so it's all relative...not a big Fraction fan either so there's that...I just know that this version of Lorna that is in the comics now won't be the one that will be in the comics a few years from now regardless of who is writing her or if she's back with Alex or not...
    Yes. In a few years, she will better. In a higher position. Still a hero but not playing the two dimensional game like Jean and Kitty. And she'll probably have Wanda as her sister again...

Ultimate Member

You don't know that for certain, and neither do I...in a few years she could also have split with Magneto and be dating Alex again...yeah I know you and others won't want that but it's just as possible...

BANNED

Really love this custom, 90's Polaris fig, by the amazing Christina Cruz:

I left off doing Magneto as a character for last months character studies with Lorna along with the histories for HoM Lorna, TAS Lorna, WATXM Lorna and The Gifted Lorna for a reason. But, now given the line of conversation is as good a time as any to shift into the Magneto and Lorna character discussion.

Lorna has been in a difficult position really since the late middle of last decade as far as the comics go, because the normal dynamics Marvel publishing historically likes of her being a kind of middle ground character between Xavier's ideals and Magneto's has been tossed on its head by Magneto entering somewhere between full Xavier or that middle ground space of not wanting to upend the world in the name of mutants, but wanting to eliminate the enemies of mutants.

Marvel publishing yes has a habit of writing Lorna around Magneto even in the period they weren't related. It wasn't a surprise at all that Lorna at by far her most politically active and 'we need to stop playing nice' in the 1990s (1993-1994) dovetailed on Magneto at his most radical of the decade and then left catatonic. Similar for 2002-2004 only more extreme where Magneto was either dead or written so badly it had to be retconned. That dovetailed with a version of Lorna at her most hard nosed and ideological. The fact she was coming off a mass genocide gave the writers at the time cover and a sensible explanation for why.

Call it the Overton Window being in effect. Where Marvel pegs Lorna's thinking to her father's while keeping it one or two steps away from where he is at towards the Xavier side unless he is dead in which case the rules no longer apply.

This aspect of their relationship is a bit different when they are in fact together and when he is dead. When they are together on a semi consistent basis its typically because he is hobbled in some fashion (his powers are on the fritz, he is badly injured, etc.) and she has to rise to the occasion and step up. Consider it a bit like one magnetic pole being screwed up. The other would have to try to compensate somehow to right things or there is chaos.

This is when there views most closely align and it doesn't actually matter if Magneto is running a Brotherhood in all but name, the Acolytes or an X-Man team as in now things are out of wack and they sort of come together to correct them.

If her current run follows the same cyclical pattern as Magneto heals, becomes more of a powerhouse and the immediate crisis passes that issues will boil over between them. Which is not a problem if it makes sense for both characters, but its still a problematic cycle.

Lorna in her future development as a character if she is going to be seen as more a character in her own right with her own history not an extension of others is developing a set of clear views and overarching agenda that one writer to the next semi respects and less overall focus on setting her views based on where others are at in any key moment.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-26-2018 at 07:25 AM.

BANNED

Yes..they refuse to let her have that House Of M dedication across the board in 616..especially post Shiar stuff. She was breaking alot of rules in the last two editions of X factor though...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Yes..they refuse to let her have that House Of M dedication across the board in 616..especially post Shiar stuff. She was breaking alot of rules in the last two editions of X factor though...
    The early part of the space arc Lorna was extremely out of character for her as in scared to try to save her own life. It felt like Bru was trying to achieve hard differentiation from Genosha to Austen/Milligan era Lorna, but the writers realized a year in that fans were already sick of the space arc and started allowing Lorna to act like more of her old self and the team more like a space X-Force.

In terms of the previous two iterations of X-Factor I would say PAD had some issues reconciling 1992 Lorna with 2012 Lorna, but he most certainly tried and did a good job in areas. One of those was on Lorna and using force.

Lorna killed no humans in either run nor did she kill anything that wasn't already dead, but the runs made abundantly clear she would do what she thought was necessary without apology in keeping with most of space and early 00s Lorna.

As for now, too much effort into ‘differentiation’ into traditional areas of overlap between Lorna and Magneto is all I will say. There are areas of divergence I talked about this week, but all sorts of crossing far across Xavier approved boundaries to do what she thinks is necessary against near term threats isn’t one.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-26-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Emma Dumont speaks before the London Comic Con. I am sure the video will be up soon.

Word coming out of the con is a 6 month time jump from events in the finale.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sancta_te...31229227986944
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-29-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks Juan, it will be interesting to see the full video and the next season promotional pictures.