Page 699 of 745 FirstFirst ... 199599649689695696697698699700701702703709 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 11164
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I would bet Elixir and Exodus just got recruited into the new team.
    Would love this. Now that they've been helping with Mothervine, I need to see them stick around and interact with Polaris. Could be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    He used the term "new cast members," so it could mean the likes of Exodus, Elixir, & hopefully, Unuscione. Daken seems likely, don't know 'bout GN, tho.
    Her too.

Daken is for sure sticking around. He's on a cover, and I believe will be facing off against Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is there plans for Unuscione? I could go for that.
    Nothing stated in regards to Unuscione and yes she would be interesting to stick around.

I have my doubts we will be seeing all the new cast members though given they have all been tossed into reoccurring territory.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-31-2018 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED

Is there plans for Unuscione? I could go for that.
    IDK for sure, but I hope so. Would hate to see her brought in, with no followup, and all that potential go to waste. Who I'd REALLY like to see show up, tho, is a MotherVined Moonstar. That'd be a MAJOR get, for me personally.

BANNED

Hope Uniscione sticks around..she has a unique power set and has the drive/determination to get things done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Hope Uniscione sticks around..she has a unique power set and has the drive/determination to get things done.
    ... Unuscione? I could go for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Would love... Her too. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... Unuscione... yes she would be interesting to stick around. ...
    Sounds like it's unanimous for:

... Unuscione.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... Daken... I believe will be facing off against Jimmy.
    Lookin' forward to that...

Also...

... it was nice while it lasted.

AND, a repowered Dani Moonstar would be the perfect replacement for Gazing Nightshade, and then some. Followed by Sunfire for Xorn, Monet for Bloodstorm, and Archangel for Jimmy... just sayin'. 8D
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 05-31-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Really wish we could have kept that team (or some variation on it, it could change a bit over time) for much longer.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

What do you guys think of this being the new Blue team if the O5 is exterminated (lol)

I'm not a fan of Polaris (but I'm not a hater either) But I really loved her during PAD X-Factor first run (I think she was amazing during those years)
    I missed a lot of books as I stopped buying them after Whedon/Cassaday's astonishing X-Men.

According to you, what were the best time/runs for Lorna ?
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Been reading X-Factor volume 1. Lorna from about X-Factor 71 through 130ish or so was GOLD. LOVED her red and gold costume that she only had for like 6 issues during Fatal Attractions. This is when I first started reading X-Men and barely read X-Factor. Also, one of my favorite Lorna stories is the one where she goes to the beach with Havok and he gets possessed by Malice and Mr. Sinister saves the day at the end of all people. And X-Men Unlimited #6 is a great Lorna/Alex/Jean/Scott story. Say what you will about Chuck Austen but his brash crazy Lorna was awesome.

Oh, actually I didn't like much Austen's crazy Lorna. But I liked the possessed Lorna by Malice
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

BANNED

What do you guys think of this being the new Blue team if the O5 is exterminated (lol)

Like I'd died & gone to Heaven...

... ya got 2 out of my 4, +Unuscione... +Emma, AND EliXir!! It's a recipe for SUCCESS!

I'd love it. Not sure how Archangel would fit into it all so much. And relationships with Unuscione would be intriguing.

Could be a bit of a struggle for leadership between Lorna and Emma.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    I'm not a fan of Polaris (but I'm not a hater either) But I really loved her during PAD X-Factor first run (I think she was amazing during those years)
    I missed a lot of books as I stopped buying them after Whedon/Cassaday's astonishing X-Men.

According to you, what were the best time/runs for Lorna ?
    In this thread, generally people like the EARLY Uncanny issues with her (like from the late 60s), and yes the Austen Era (although I'm not sure people here would call Austen-written Lorna "crazy", that's more the writer AFTER Austen who really went with that angle on her character. Under Austen Lorna was more just intimidating, strong, assertive to the point of aggressive. Maybe eccentric. But not really crazy). I think some of the like 1999/2000 era issues with her helping her dad in Genosha are basically liked.

A lot of people in this thread have issues with Lorna's treatment under PAD that essentially she was not given a unique enough voice and was more or less relegated to being "Havok's doting girlfriend". Which, while I think it helps her attain some prominence as being part of an "old iconic couple" it also prevents her from doing more interesting things.

In particular, her introduction and lineage to Magneto makes her just different from a typical member of the X-Men. She can view things from a wider perspective and is often thought of as more morally "grey".

The general consensus in this thread is that while the Claremont Era was obviously amazing for X-Men overall, for Polaris specifically it was basically horrible. Early Claremont era she was kind of "fridged" as it were, just basically trying to be a civilian with her bf and all. And then she got turned into something of a joke after the possession started, where she was used as a punching bag more or less and not herself for a long time. And that is kind of when she was most appearing in the mainstream core book lol. So that is the image a lot of fans from the 80s have of her still to now, as a mind control victim, gf of Havok, otherwise irrelevant yknow?

The PAD first run brought her more prominence like I said before as part of an iconic couple co leading the team, and over the course of XFactor (especially under later writers) she became a bit more "on the edge/militant" about things and less domesticated as it were.

PAD's 2nd run on XFactor where she was involved for a bit did a good job fleshing out her backstory more although she was still presented as kind of "out of control, nuts" and all of that in terms of her team interactions. But at least she was portrayed as something of a leader and as a powerful mutant.

I think PAD's 3rd XFactor run where she was leading the corporate team had a LOT of promise, especially her meeting with Wanda... but it got prematurely cancelled... and it also had some problems with Lorna still being suspected as "crazy" and still not really trusted to lead a team fully.

Bunn's treatment of her has made her appear powerful and dignified , after all she broke out of a possession by an AU Malice in one issue. And she did other power feats with her new squad she led. But her "edge" and militancy and her more opinionated nature on the role of mutants and humans and philosophy is not really present under Bunn.

That's my quick take on things, I am sure tomorrow other people will log in and give you enormous detailed and specific responses.

Largely for Lorna the story is similar to that of other characters I like such as Legion/David Haller or Doug Ramsey/Cypher or Nate Grey/X-Man (or even Rachel Grey really). Lot of potential, lot of promise, SOME writers "get" the character, but overall not enough pushes to really solidify the interesting attributes or keep the character very prominent

In some ways Lorna is "lucky" for her relationship with the very prominent Magneto and to a degree her relationship with the semi prominent Havok. Those relationships can restrict her independence but they also don't allow Marvel to completely forget she exists

Honestly the best thing for Polaris right now? Is on television. "The Gifted" is giving an AMAZING rendition of her.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 05-31-2018 at 08:26 PM.

OBEY

Thank you very, very, much AbnormallyNormal for your answer.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

I would have no issue with that team by in large with the right direction. Jordan White said he is really looking for titles that can a have clear mission statement to them. That line up with them also using the vestiges of the Hellfire Club could be the type of title the line has been missing out on for awhile now.

The question comes down to is the mission statement and I think either developing a new land based mutant nation or integrationism and protecting the minority by more shall we say coercive means then the other titles would work.