Page 7 of 745 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    I could imagine Shailene being a good Polaris, but after her roles in Divergent and TFiOS she might be too big of a star, seeing as they never seem to use famous actors for new/small roles, I always thought Melissa Benoist would also be a good actress for her. Though my dream actress would be Emilie Clarke, her eyes are Green/Grey/Blue-ish which is perfect for her considering her ever changing eye colour in comics!
    (Also I updated from Magnetrix to Polaris, I think that is not only humorous but fabulous.)
    B-but I liked magnetrix! Ah well, welcome back. Glad to see you re-registered, I thought the lack of board notice about the need to do that might have led to you not posting again.

I have no thoughts on a good actress for Lorna. I've seen some celebrity photoshops over the years, but a photoshop is different from an actual choice of actor. One person even suggested Christina Hendricks, and I mean following Mad Men, not her days on stuff like Firefly. Christina Hendricks seems like far too much of a sexpot figure for Lorna to me, plus I think she's mature enough that it would push past the age I think Lorna would be in Apocalypse if she's in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Hello fellow Polaris Fans! I have returned.

I haven't had the funds to support ANXF at the moment, but I hope to collect it in trade. I also lost my Lego Polaris avatar *cries*, so I went with Tsukino Usagi eating cakes instead.
    ANXF #4 and especially #6 kind of put me off of the book, so I haven't been sure about continuing to read the book. The comments about ANXF #7 so far sound promising, though, so I'm leaning toward picking it up at least for that issue and seeing where I stand and feel about the book after I read it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extremely positive reviews for Quicksilver in DoFP from those who have seen it already. I have asked two of them via twitter if they say the name of the girl on his lap.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=99626

Mike Carey X-Men graphic novel X-Men No More Humans the first such x-novelization since Days of Future Wanda and Pietro (in ANXF outfit) are together with Magneto in it. Gambit is in it as well.

Guess who is green haired and isn't in it? Now I don't expect Lorna to have a role in such things, but I do expect in a freeking X-Men book that Lorna at least be included as wallpaper next to Wanda and Pietro in such things even if she doesn't talk. The message it sends when they do this is Lorna is less an x-character then her brother and sister along with being irrelevant.

To be blunt I wish I didn't subsidized this novelization by buying it. Lorna's only hope of getting respect and being viewed even on the x-titles as Wanda and Pietro's equal is DoFP and X-Men Apocalypse along with the generation that grew up in the 2000s coming of age and becoming writers and editors. I expect Lorna to be ignored on the Heroes titles books when Wanda and Pietro are with Magneto, but on the x-titles well if I came to expect it I might as well give up on the character.

A few things this shows though is how much the space arc damage the view of Lorna and lowered her estimation by Marvel as if this was 2005 she would have at least been wallpaper there. It also shows that so far her leading ANXF so far has done nothing to raise her profile back up to anything close to what it was after the space arc, maybe it will in time and I am sure this title was written months ago, but there are not a lot of signs of doing it as yet.

Really bad news from someone who saw DoFP.

spoilers:
    No name on the young girl in the film that is Quicksilver's sister.

https://twitter.com/Sean_OConnell/st...56954291961857
    end of spoilers

I still think its intended to be Lorna and she might appear in X-Men Apocalypse, but because of this unless her name is in the credits it allows them to hedge and for fans to believe whatever they want, lets just say the hits just keep coming.

Ultimate Member

Marvel has been reluctant to fully integrate Lorna into the Maximoff family for some time. I don't know WHY they are so gun-shy about doing this, but they are. It's why seeing Pietro and Lorna interacting regularly together in ANXF is so cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Marvel has been reluctant to fully integrate Lorna into the Maximoff family for some time. I don't know WHY they are so gun-shy about doing this, but they are. It's why seeing Pietro and Lorna interacting regularly together in ANXF is so cool to see.
    To be blunt you have a whole generation of writers and editors (like Tom B. who has said as much many times) that hate the idea of her parentage or have no emotional investment in it like they do with Wanda and Pietro's parentage. Mostly it comes down to the same old... it wasn't that way when I was reading comics in my Golden Age of comic buying as a teen and young adult.

When the generation that grew up simply thinking of Lorna and part of the family we are talking about those from their teens to early 30s starts taking over at Marvel things will finally change.

Basically comics are a nostalgia heavy medium and Lorna being treated like a member of the family has been very uneven even on the x-books over the past 12 years and completely ignored on the Heroes titles. Once the generation that are emotionally connected to her parentage (we see them online and at comic cons) on mass starts taking over at Marvel things will finally change in that regard.

Mind you that is not to paint all those in their mid 30s and onward with the same brush. PAD and many others over 35 are emotionally invested in her parentage story, but for the most part there does exist a sharp generation divide on the matter of both her parentage and level of importance as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I still think its intended to be Lorna and she might appear in X-Men Apocalypse, but because of this unless her name is in the credits it allows them to hedge and for fans to believe whatever they want, lets just say the hits just keep coming.
    Here's the thing: no matter what opportunities are missed or what absolutely stupid things Marvel does, things can and will turn around in time. No matter what happens, the long game is in our favor.

I'm not sure what we could say on the matter of Carey's graphic novel, though. This may be a case where the editor or someone higher up at Marvel is to blame. Carey took the time to confirm Lorna as part of the family in Five Miles South of the Universe, so it's not like there isn't precedent of support from him.

In any case, glad to know there's no reason for me to buy or read X-Men: No More Humans. Aside from my simple fandom for Lorna, partisan BS turns me off to work regardless of the target. It's why I stopped buying anything Ubisoft after finding out about the crap that company's doing to screw with a former employee, Patrice Desilets.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Yes, the politics at Marvel is too complex to simply blame Carey for it as it could have been his editor.

Mike Carey X-Men graphic novel X-Men No More Humans the first such x-novelization since Days of Future Wanda and Pietro (in ANXF outfit) are together with Magneto in it. Gambit is in it as well.

Guess who is green haired and isn't in it? Now I don't expect Lorna to have a role in such things, but I do expect in a freeking X-Men book that Lorna at least be included as wallpaper next to Wanda and Pietro in such things even if she doesn't talk. The message it sends when they do this is Lorna is less an x-character then her brother and sister along with being irrelevant.

To be blunt I wish I didn't subsidized this novelization by buying it. Lorna's only hope of getting respect and being viewed even on the x-titles as Wanda and Pietro's equal is DoFP and X-Men Apocalypse along with the generation that grew up in the 2000s coming of age and becoming writers and editors. I expect Lorna to be ignored on the Heroes titles books when Wanda and Pietro are with Magneto, but on the x-titles well if I came to expect it I might as well give up on the character.

A few things this shows though is how much the space arc damage the view of Lorna and lowered her estimation by Marvel as if this was 2005 she would have at least been wallpaper there. It also shows that so far her leading ANXF so far has done nothing to raise her profile back up to anything close to what it was after the space arc, maybe it will in time and I am sure this title was written months ago, but there are not a lot of signs of doing it as yet.
    While I am disappointed not to see Lorna with the rest of the House of M, it is not really surprising. She still despises Wanda, and I don't know what her relationship is with her father right now. Also I always hated how Larroca drew her, so I guess it is a good thing she wasn't in it.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I'm not surprised with this either. It looked like a minor cameo anyways. I do agree with you that they should cast Emilia Clarke as Lorna. She can don any kind of hairdo and has some acting chops. Would like for them to make an X-Factor film with her and Till.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    While I am disappointed not to see Lorna with the rest of the House of M, it is not really surprising. She still despises Wanda, and I don't know what her relationship is with her father right now. Also I always hated how Larroca drew her, so I guess it is a good thing she wasn't in it.

I'm not surprised with this either. It looked like a minor cameo anyways. I do agree with you that they should cast Emilia Clarke as Lorna. She can don any kind of hairdo and has some acting chops. Would like for them to make an X-Factor film with her and Till.
    You are looking for an in continuity reason to explain away neglect. If she hates daddy and sis so much she would be with the X-Men when humans disappear, but she is not with either even as wallpaper which was the minimum Polaris fans should come to expect hence she was snubbed.

Lorna as part of the family has been snubbed quite a bit even among the x-titles since she was booted down to C list after RAFOTSE. Obviously, some writers and editors have very different views on the matter then others.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-08-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Who is Lorna's mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Who is Lorna's mother?
    Lorna is Lorna's mother!

Nah, kidding, it's Susanna Dane. The last name is uncertain.

BANNED

Lorna with Pietro <3

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers

My thinking is that Fox might be hesitant to commit to a character. Hopefully we'll see her in the next film regardless.

Ultimate Member

Well given that Pietro does have 2 sisters it could be Lorna or Wanda more likely Wanda...