Page 701 of 745 FirstFirst ... 201601651691697698699700701702703704705711 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Polaris 2x01
    I am not sure if intended or not, but that has a very 1960s feel to it. It will likely by airing in October on the characters 50th though that hasn’t been entirely set in stone as yet.

Drestudios: The lesser known #polaris - estranged daughter of #magneto and sister to #scarletwitch. Look for this 1 of 1 #sketchcard in the #blackpanther trading card set from #upperdeck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I wondered how long it would take for someone to find that. I got one as a gift when they were on a Memorial Day 7$ off sale.
    Cool! I really like it, and am gonna get one myself. The artist, sergetowers80, has also done this:

... THIS:

... and THIS, one of my most favorite group shots, in recent memory:

... LOVE IT!!

And love 'em all, actually.

So he seems to be a fan, and unusually enough, also of Dazzler & Dani Moonstar (+The New Mutants). As well as, Magneto, Warpath, and Psylocke, it seems. Clearly, he has eXquisite taste. ;D

BANNED

Polaris 2x01
    Whatta STUNNER! REALLY likin' the elevation of elegance, in all respects.

BANNED

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah clearly going for the "cute/sexy" look there, not the most practical of costumes
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah clearly going for the "cute/sexy" look there, not the most practical of costumes
    I like the X, upper armbands, lol, as an homage to her original, Steranko look.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I will say that I enjoy that yellow headpiece she had on in that picture. Really pops with all that green.

Speaking of art, Polaris really was fortunate to get so many wonderful artists during Cry Havok. I'll miss seeing Marcus to and R.B Silva drawing her, as they did a lovely job, and actually really made me like Lorna's new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I will say that I enjoy that yellow headpiece she had on in that picture. Really pops with all that green.

Speaking of art, Polaris really was fortunate to get so many wonderful artists during Cry Havok. I'll miss seeing Marcus to and R.B Silva drawing her, as they did a lovely job, and actually really made me like Lorna's new costume.
    Her original headpiece was gold afterall, but yes Marcus To and R.B Silva certainly deserve a great deal of credit for bringing their A game this run.

Speaking of Marcus To.

Marcus To: Love that THE Polaris @emmadumont is pimping X-Men Blue 27 this week. You know it’s a banger.

https://instagram.com/p/BjgTNyYgGMI/
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-08-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Lorna does appear with a voice actor playing her in the Avengers vs X-Men audiobook so a first appearance this year of Lorna in an audiobook. I am half way though, but it’s well done even if Lorna didn’t get much it’s actually a bit more then she got in the crossover so far.

https://www.graphicaudio.net/marvel-...-vs-x-men.html

Also a new character and actor from Empire will be a major part of The Gifted Hellfire Club next season.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-08-2018 at 05:58 PM.

BANNED

art by Gardemio Lima
    ThanX, Juan, REALLY like this.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The colors on that piece are lovely, and I especially love the contrast between the dark colors of the costume, to Lorna's green hair and energy signature. His style very much reminds me of Adam Hughes. Nice to see more and more artwork of Lorna popping up.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 06-10-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Someone asked me the question if comic book Lorna would join the Hellfire Club assuming we are talking about an 80s like version. My response was it kind of depends on what they are offering and what version of Lorna we are talking about.

Teenage Lorna in her first story line? Certainly, making political deals with shady actors was kind of of central to her first story line.

Roy Thomas: probably not.

Claremont: Only if Alex told her to do it or the White Queen brainwashed her.

First run PAD's Lorna was philosophically at least a continuation of the Claremont years that she listened to only Alex on mutant issues and did what he would want her to do. But, it was a bit less blind then under Claremont in that she would look for Alex's original intent in doing things so if he was acting off she would default to what Alex of old would have thought.

JM's Lorna started to move away from what would Alex do thinking, but wouldn't do it given they already have a bad reputation. One of the trade off's JM gave in terms of his Lorna's more aggressive view on protecting mutant rights was an accentuated and harder negative view of characters and groups who already were shall we say held in a negative light by the Xavier school. She also didn't know she was violating Xavier's tenets with her POV at the time or was deluding herself.

Makie- Her emotions were destabilizing in his run, but no.

Alan Davis- Probably. She had a full fledged emotional break down during his run when Alex disappeared so if they came promising her to help her find Alex she most likely would join them. Magneto attempts for a retcon notwithstanding didn't actually do that in his run only gave her something to do turning around a war, helping mutants and being the power behind the throne.

Austen's Lorna- If she left the X-Men after the wedding fail for something to do like saving mutant lives sure she would join them and probably use them for their resources to help mutants before attempting a hostile takeover.

Milligan's Lorna- She joined Poccy to help deal with her instability after seeing Daap or Doop or whatever in space along with getting her powers back. For similar reasons she would join Hellfire if they were offering. Its the Alan Davis equation a Lorna who is extremely emotionally damaged and therefore vulnerable. Austen's Lorna was emotionally damaged as well, but it wasn't the same as his Lorna was about as bullheaded as she has ever been and would be as hard as piss to manipulate.

Brubaker: No

Yost: No.

DnA: As part of a grand political manipulation to get who she wants in place as the sole Queen of the Hellfire Club? Sure.

PAD second run Lorna and ANXF Lorna: She had a fair bit of Austen era bullheadedness and was willing to pull the trigger, but no deep agenda at play so no way. ANXF was a bit different and might have under orders from her boss traded with them money for secrets or something (the kind of moral quandaries that could have been the series bread and butter). The biggest reasons for no was Lorna's second time on X-Factor had a very early 90s view on mutants the Xavier school designated as bad.

Bunn's- This Lorna unlike a number of past depictions of Lorna does happen to be willing to work with the sides the rest of the mainline X-Men and un-inverted Alex deem bad. But, she is not exactly fighting for mutant rights at the moment nor from what we have seen as willing to pull the trigger as ANXF Lorna and certainly not early 00s Lorna so it would really be a devil in the details situation.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Comics Lorna is typically considered a Hero/Good Guy and member of X-Men or their associates. Not at all Hellfire Club material (closest she'd come was probably when she was on Genosha working alongside Acolytes). Which is part of the confusion for a lot of the comics fans who watched the show and why they leapt to the "she was brainwashed/mentally ill" stuff.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

I love the colours used, especially the mint/sea green colour of her hair and eyes. Elegant and dainty, with a hint of rebellion thanks to the skull!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Comics Lorna is typically considered a Hero/Good Guy and member of X-Men or their associates. Not at all Hellfire Club material (closest she'd come was probably when she was on Genosha working alongside Acolytes).
    In her very first story line she basically ran a blog-standard 60s Brotherhood team with Magneto injured just not in name.

Lorna on Genosha wasn't at her most politically radical. After the Genoshan genocide that was a fair bit more radical, but it was cloaked most of the time by her being on the X-Men.

Hellfire in the comics also isn't traditionally seen as a pro-mutant group like the Acolytes or even the Brotherhood. Magneto joined them in the 1980s to take their resources to help mutants, but they were more a group of figures out for their own political and economic power.

The Gifted uses Hellfire and the Brotherhood synonymously in a way one would not in the comics.

It gets back to a question we had here a few months ago would Lorna do what is necessary to save mutants or what is morally right. Far more often then meets the eye in her history she does what is necessary, but its often cloaked by her being on protagonist teams which yes makes it hard to see for fans who don't look close.

The comics of last decade more consistently let’s say had a Lorna one could more consistently see join them to use their resources for mutants.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-10-2018 at 05:07 PM.