Page 702 of 745 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post

I love the colours used, especially the mint/sea green colour of her hair and eyes. Elegant and dainty, with a hint of rebellion thanks to the skull!
    The skull really completes the classic outfits because be it her first iteration or second it provides that necessary contrast color and provides the hint of rebellion as you say.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjsvdwQn...gged=lornadane
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-10-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In her very first story line she basically ran a blog-standard 60s Brotherhood team with Magneto injured just not in name.

Lorna on Genosha wasn't at her most politically radical. After the Genoshan genocide that was much more extreme, but it was cloaked most of the time by her being on the X-Men.

Hellfire in the comics also isn't traditionally seen as a pro-mutant group like the Acolytes or even the Brotherhood. Magneto joined them in the 1980s to take their resources to help mutants, but they were more a group of figures out for their own political and economic power.

The Gifted uses Hellfire and the Brotherhood synonymously in a way one would not in the comics.

It gets back to a question we had here a few months ago would Lorna do what is necessary to save mutants or what is morally right. Far more often then meets the eye in her history she does what is necessary, but its often cloaked by her being on protagonist teams which yes makes it hard to see for fans who don't look close.
    Yeah I was ignoring her very introductory phase though since several characters associated predominately as Good/Hero got introduced differently. (Also most people have not read the pre Claremont Uncanny issues really)

However, at this point it's entirely possible the version of her on The Gifted will influence more fanart like the ones shared above which reach back for inspiration to her "Bad Girl" era. And it could trickle into the consciousness of writers eventually (still unsure if Bunn has even watched the show as of yet)

I would analogize to if we had a version of Rogue on a TV show where she was essentially trying her best to please (an unnamed?) Mystique the whole time or sort of acting under what Mystique / Destiny would have guided and raised her to be.... namely, a ferocious solider on behalf of mutantkind and willing to clash with and subvert human organizations and even other groups like The Avengers. Of course, Rogue is a much "bigger" character overall than Polaris is, so the odds of a show getting away with that kind of interpretation of her are slim to none. BUT, it might inspire a new take on the character in the comics and among fans in general possibly.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 06-10-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I love those pics with Lorna wearing the old gold headdress. The color green used for her costume was different than her hair green and the gold set it off perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah I was ignoring her very introductory phase though since several characters associated predominately as Good/Hero got introduced differently. (Also most people have not read the pre Claremont Uncanny issues really)
    I think you are over-analyzing some things here. First alot of The Gifted fans who were confused about if she was mind controlled actually had some reason to be given the fact you had telepaths and Lorna was telling them to stay out of her head during the very episodes and on the very car ride she is off to take down the Trask Industries jet. We know what she slowly moved towards in the course of the season, but many fans didn't take the hints nor picked up on the limits of the telepaths powers.

Lorna was on the protagonist team in the season so they often missed the little things like sending metal into the neck of the SS guard without hesitation or wasting the drug lords or having no problems playing not nice games with knives. As long as she was on a protagonist team alot of fans didn't notice some pretty obvious signs her philosophy is not lining up with Eclipse's or T-Birds.

In terms of the comics the character has been divorced from mutant politics since Decimation and has hurt. Thanks to WATXM and The Gifted she is higher profile then she ever was among casual fans, but the character has a very long ways to go to get back to her 2003-2005 comic book readership interest/popularity.

Part of the key to reaching the characters 1960s potential as a character who exists in two worlds the second x-woman as well as 'Queen' of the militant mutants is redeveloping her as a character re-involved in politics which she is not right now.

Lorna has been hard divorced from mutant politics since Decimation, but it will change in the comics yes if the second season of The Gifted and Lorna re-involved in mutant politics proves to be as popular as I think it will be. If the character is widely regarded as a character who can exist in both worlds lets say I do have little doubt Lorna will make it to the big screen one day as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-11-2018 at 01:35 PM.

By Fabio Miranda

By Daryl Kinnard

Women of Marvel
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-11-2018 at 02:42 PM.

BANNED

Fun read. Havent read the Milligan issues in a minute except for the Apocalypse/Lorna back up story. But canon is canon...Princess Lorna is a mutant and nothing can change that.

that article was alot longer than it needed to be

BANNED

From the X-Women App thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

I love that women of Marvel pic in black and white. Each woman looks powerful, with great art and excellent poses. I would love to see it in color!

By... well the artist kind of made that clear. Kind of a different take on her last Genosha outfit, I am not sure I like it as much though its an interesting attempt.

One has to love this 'dramatic' moment by a cosplayer. Interesting listening to comments like alot of fans hasn't got to The Gifted yet though plans to, but knows Lorna from WATXM.

sea.god.cosplay: Things Lorna gets from her dad- magnetic powers? Check. Capes? Check. The Drama™? Check! ..
    I know some iterations of Polaris don’t have her as magnetos daughter but I first came across Polaris in Wolverine and the X-Men the cartoon, where she is Magnetos daughter and Wanda and Pietros younger sister, so that’s where I get my background for her from

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

By... well the artist kind of made that clear. Kind of a different take on her last Genosha outfit, I am not sure I like it as much though its an interesting attempt.
    It looks like Enchantress, Lorna and Captain Marvel went into the Siege Perilous and came out as one person

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like this one a lot. Bear with the early part it's not broken that's intended

Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It looks like Enchantress, Lorna and Captain Marvel went into the Siege Perilous and came out as one person
    LOL, that is a good way of putting it.