Page 708 of 745 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718 ... LastLast
Results 10,606 to 10,620 of 11164
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I preordered X-Men Legends 2, and it came with a comic book that shows how Polaris and Xavier get kidnapped. It was super short, but Holocaust shows up at some kind of speech Xavier was giving, and Polaris tries to defend him by throwing chairs at him, and then gets taken out somehow. I remember I was so excited to get the comic, but was disappointed at how short it was lol. I don't know if I still have it or not, but at least they remembered Lorna existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I preordered X-Men Legends 2, and it came with a comic book that shows how Polaris and Xavier get kidnapped. It was super short, but Holocaust shows up at some kind of speech Xavier was giving, and Polaris tries to defend him by throwing chairs at him, and then gets taken out somehow. I remember I was so excited to get the comic, but was disappointed at how short it was lol. I don't know if I still have it or not, but at least they remembered Lorna existed.
    I still have it after all these years, but yes it was good that she finally in that era built up a level of prominence they couldn't completely ignore her the way they had in the past.

They did ignore Lorna's family connections in the main game, but that was part and partial to the primordial scream of the old time fanboys in that era who couldn't accept the change because it wasn't that way in their era of nostalgic comic book buying. I wish Lorna's 90s writers had pulled the trigger on the topic (well Makie did AU at least in Mutant X). Austen and Morrison were really the last era's writers who I believe could have done it before IP protection against giving Fox great ideas started going up as 2002-2003 was really before Marvel Studios was even a dream.

Future Fight right now are leaving off Lorna's parentage while playing up Wanda and Pietro's. I will say in terms of hard core comic book buying online fans they aren't as active or organized as they were in 2003-2005, but she has many more casual fans today thanks to The Gifted.

Hopefully, after Marvel trashed Polaris fandom with her regression to the girl behind Havok in space and her rise in popularity thanks to The Gifted that Polaris fans can start to push back again to get her in games and her parentage respected, because right now its hit and miss. It was respected in X-Men Days of Future Past, but not many other games. If its a pure X-Men game or comic it tends to be respected these days, if its general Marvel universe be it a comic or game its much more iffy.

Lorna's rising popularity overall will slowly mean more respect for the character, but there are alot of 80s to 90s fanboys still active who see her as an unimportant B/C lister so it will take time.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-17-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Any thoughts, guesses, predictions on Lorna's comics future post BLUE?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I loved the rendering of Polaris for the XML2 cutscenes.

The DoFP game was very fun. In my opinion, she was the most useful character in the game because she could attack characters that were off screen.

Polaris today in gifted behind scene

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I loved the rendering of Polaris for the XML2 cutscenes.

The DoFP game was very fun. In my opinion, she was the most useful character in the game because she could attack characters that were off screen.
    I felt she was the best for long range attacks while Wanda was the best for taking down bosses.

ANXF commission cover
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-19-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Wow I love this image she looks badass

That's why I think her presence in BLUE has been mostly helpful

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Any thoughts, guesses, predictions on Lorna's comics future post BLUE?
    I have no good guesses, but my preference is almost always for her to be on an X-Men book instead of a peripheral title.

I have no good guesses, but my preference is almost always for her to be on an X-Men book instead of a peripheral title.
    For all the talk of being a 'big fish' in a 'little pond' no peripheral title she has been on has done a better job then New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men from 2002-2004 in developing the character, her relationships and developing her into a power house and philosophically interesting character that led to modern Lorna as a character as well as her appearances in WATXM and later The Gifted.

But, you also had writers that really had creative energy and a direction and Lorna's writers for the most part built on each other for the first 4 or so years of the start of last decade.

Hopefully whatever it is will be a title that really thinks about what makes her tick and how she is multifaceted and interesting. We have had no lack of writers interested in the character to accentuate other characters. However, she really needs one to take into consideration the sand castle that is her history as a character, how she sees the world and what makes her matter in the grand scheme of things as most comic writers I have talked to and seen online really don't think she does.

Its Lorna's worldview, her vision bigger then herself when she is allowed to have one, her voice, her sharp wit, her history, and her personality that makes her more interesting then a dozen or so B/C characters pushed ahead of her the past 12 years or really any Marvel character when written as one package with all its facets instead of in parts. There are alot of Marvel characters with massive power, that is a part of the package, but its not a central compared to some of the bigger ones.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-19-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Good art and yes it seems a great many fans agree on the artists point though why and what to do about it are the key to questions.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-19-2018 at 09:42 AM.

I do agree that powerful women are a dime a dozen in the X-Books compared to other parts of the MU. Lorna doesn’t necessarily need to show that she’s physically powerful (I believe she showed plenty of abilities in Austen’s run and in space). It’s mostly important for her personality and voice to set her apart.

I do agree that powerful women are a dime a dozen in the X-Books compared to other parts of the MU. Lorna doesn’t necessarily need to show that she’s physically powerful (I believe she showed plenty of abilities in Austen’s run and in space). It’s mostly important for her personality and voice to set her apart.
    Agreed, its not pure power its her voice and personality and also most importantly what she fights for and what she believes in matters. Austen's 2004 Lorna or now The Gifted Lorna are popular because they are well rounded and because they believe in something bigger then themselves and can articulate that.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-19-2018 at 03:35 PM.

I think being badass implies attitude/personality more so than actual "power level" but displays of impressive "feats" does still matter

OBEY

By Vasilis Sagraglou