Page 715 of 745 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 11164
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I don’t really see Lorna as chaotic neutral. I see her more as chaotic good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thegifted...90131532161024

This season is going to kick so much ass. It’s amazing to see so many people so very enthusiastic to see Lorna in action.

The twitter comments show real enthusiasm in action the kind you can’t manufacture. Season one showed me the show runner and the writers can do the different philosophies for defending mutants justice.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

A better look at the Comic-Con poster.
    That IS a lot easier to see now although still hurts my head a bit to squint at each color.

Her jacket almost is like a mini cape isnt it in that?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I don’t really see Lorna as chaotic neutral. I see her more as chaotic good.
    I don’t like the DoD alignment system nor really use it for a whole host of reasons starting with terms like good and evil denote religious terminology that have no place in real world politics.

I looked over the terms and what they mean after your post. For the idea of helping people with no regard to the law that sounds like various incarnations of Lorna.

Chaotic goods believe that freedom is the only means by which each creature can achieve true satisfaction and happiness. Law, order, social forms, and anything else which tends to restrict individual freedom is wrong, and each individual is capable of achieving self-realization and prosperity through himself. These characters believe that life has no grand plan, but each creature's spirit is essentially noble and good. Each being must follow his own conscience. By performing good acts the individual can hope to alleviate the suffering and anguish of others, whether caused by random or structured acts.

The chaotic good character has a "beatific" attitude toward existence. In this character's opinion, any laws, social structures, or other such hierarchies that restrict his freedom are abhorrent and to be done away with.

http://easydamus.com/chaoticgood.html
    But, no rules, no law and order, no governing structures. I think there were times that that denoted Lorna in her past. But, its hard to reconcile that with being the enforcer on what was in-effect a mutant dictatorship. When Magneto took her to Genosha it was an anarchy without laws and rules and government and where countless thousands were dying. One can’t argue she didn’t start believing in a strong hand to keep order in the course of it, though the fact she had a major direct influence on it certainly impacted her vision.

Still the same deal in space where the killing of Lilandra and then Vulcan and subsequent civil war made her realize a firm hand was needed and if not Vulcan in her words she then went about convincing Crystal to put Gladiator in charge to reinforce order as I don’t think Lorna felt Crystal had it in her to knock in the requisite heads to end the Shi’ar civil war.

I think the Lorna who started to be against all government and it’s hierarchies was an era for her. But, seeing anarchic nations, civil wars and genocides has a habit of changing ones view on feasibility of a utopian stateless society.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-28-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That IS a lot easier to see now although still hurts my head a bit to squint at each color.

Her jacket almost is like a mini cape isnt it in that?
    I hadn't thought of that. It does kinda look likes its emulating a cape with her arms in motion like that. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. It does kinda look likes its emulating a cape with her arms in motion like that. Pretty cool.
    Yes, it does almost look like that. Either way I think these posters will be much more effective in generating fan interesting then the season 1 generic SS and Strucker family stuff. The rest of the cast were almost invisible in the promotion back then.

Still the first season is listed as a hit for Fox and all things considered it was a moderate hit with its 2.0 live viewership number. The show is the most popular super hero show on TV and Lorna is the most popular character on that most popular show. Lets see how much Marvel Entertainment if anything tries to take advantage of the success with the buy out only a matter of months before completion.

My guess is they will be more synergy and more promotion from Marvel Entertainment, but how much more remains to be seen. The show is going to have to really kick ass in its second season to survive the buy out, but I think its entirely capable of doing so if they iron out some of the major kinks from season one that weighed things down.

911's first ep was separated into two parts the first put behind a NFL game. I wish that happened to last season to The Gifted or this season, but can't win them all. Its good that the show will air a week before The Flash at least.

Also, new shots released in their more pure colored form. I have to hand it to the promotional department for top quality work so far. They do need to get social media talking up the conflict more and are trying to.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-29-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I saw somebody with green hair a while ago and my first thought was, “Polaris?”
    That’s when I realized just how much I’d gotten into Marvel.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

But, no rules, no law and order, no governing structures. I think there were times that that denoted Lorna in her past. But, its hard to reconcile that with being the enforcer on what was in-effect a mutant dictatorship. When Magneto took her to Genosha it was an anarchy without laws and rules and government and where countless thousands were dying. One can’t argue she didn’t start believing in a strong hand to keep order in the course of it, though the fact she had a major direct influence on it certainly impacted her vision.

Still the same deal in space where the killing of Lilandra and then Vulcan and subsequent civil war made her realize a firm hand was needed and if not Vulcan in her words she then went about convincing Crystal to put Gladiator in charge to reinforce order as I don’t think Lorna felt Crystal had it in her to knock in the requisite heads to end the Shi’ar civil war.

I think the Lorna who started to be against all government and it’s hierarchies was an era for her. But, seeing anarchic nations, civil wars and genocides has a habit of changing ones view on feasibility of a utopian stateless society.
    I think one consistency about Lorna, from the 60s onwards, is that she doesn't follow the conventional, limiting roles and missions of super-powered people.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

The fleer X-Men 2018 Upper Deck cards sets are going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    I think one consistency about Lorna, from the 60s onwards, is that she doesn't follow the conventional, limiting roles and missions of super-powered people.
    That is most certainly true, she tries new things let us say. At times a libertarian and at times a revolutionary anti-establishment figure at times, but grand utopian ideas tends to hit the rocks on practicality when dealing with millions of people.

More art.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkluBbxhU4j/?tagged=polaris

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf72bJCl...-by=elfandiary
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-28-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The fleer X-Men 2018 Upper Deck cards sets are going out.

That is most certainly true, she tries new things let us say. At times a libertarian and at times a revolutionary anti-establishment figure at times, but grand utopian ideas tends to hit the rocks on practicality when dealing with millions of people.
    I think Polaris does what she thinks she best serves at any given time. That lends to involving herself in a variety of causes and missions most other X-Men would not consider at best, we see this with various X-Factor incarnations, Magneto and Genosha. I don't think there's often an overt political philosophy or ideology involved (bar what we saw on Austen's run), although that surely blends into what she's doing, but rather, her personality and attitude coming through. She's independent, notionally pragmatic, doesn't conform.

It's why I think her time on the Hellfire Club will probably come to an end during season 2 of The Gifted when they inevitably veer from what she deems her purpose on it. But she decided to join in in the first place.

As for post-Blue, a good writer trying to construct a strong character arc for Lorna would not just have her go along with whatever everyone else around her or associated with her is doing. There should be background, values and reasons involved.
    Last edited by Mitteloss; 06-29-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

They are casting newborn babies 'or twins' now for filming in two weeks. That should provide a good idea when the baby or babies get born.

It's why I think her time on the Hellfire Club will probably come to an end during season 2 of The Gifted when they inevitably veer from what she deems her purpose on it. But she decided to join in in the first place.
    I am not so sure one can classify either Hellfire or the MU in this circumstance that way. Its easy to get caught up in the name without questioning who is running the show and what they stand for. If its mainly Lorna and her will then it will be up to her to keep the vision and tactics in line with what she wants and keep her allies egos in checks. If its not her then her mission for the season will be broadly to try to bend the organization to her vision.

Either way she will have upstarts she will have to deal with and if her vision is in control it will be probably Reeva as the Fabian Cortez like figure she will have to deal with or end up losing the organization to a more radical vision then what it currently stands for and that happens to be actually mutant/human equity according to the actress that plays Blink.

I think Polaris does what she thinks she best serves at any given time. That lends to involving herself in a variety of causes and missions most other X-Men would not consider at best, we see this with various X-Factor incarnations, Magneto and Genosha. I don't think there's often an overt political philosophy or ideology involved (bar what we saw on Austen's run), although that surely blends into what she's doing, but rather, her personality and attitude coming through. She's independent, notionally pragmatic, doesn't conform.
    In terms of defining features for the character on mutant issues. There no more exists one way she does it then Magneto who has been for the past year trying to be Charles Xavier (again). But, she also has been divorced from mutant issues in general since 2004.

The biggest commonality in terms of the character of modern writers of the past quarter century with the exception of Brubaker (and perhaps her current run) have been more clear on the willingness to do what she thinks is necessary in terms of force to save others and succeed irrespective of any core Xavier teachings on the matter.

As for post-Blue, a good writer trying to construct a strong character arc for Lorna would not just have her go along with whatever everyone else around her or associated with her is doing. There should be background, values and reasons involved.
    The trap Lorna's character falls into typically when she is being written around other characters is in effect having her 'core' changed as necessary to fit the new circumstance and typically to what accentuates those associated with her without taking into account the character or her history.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Interesting so apparently it won't be until episode 3 or 4 she gives birth and it WILL be twins further tantalizing people with the whole "Aurora and Northstar" stuff

As far as Polaris beng a Hellfire moderate Reeva being a genocidal loon, could happen that way. I personally think that'd be too simple of an exit. And it might make Lorna appear weak to lose a power struggle.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Interesting so apparently it won't be until episode 3 or 4 she gives birth and it WILL be twins further tantalizing people with the whole "Aurora and Northstar" stuff

As far as Polaris beng a Hellfire moderate Reeva being a genocidal loon, could happen that way. I personally think that'd be too simple of an exit. And it might make Lorna appear weak to lose a power struggle.
    There are going to be disagreements over how to utilize their resources that it looks like will be used from the start to try manipulate politics in DC. If the start is wanting to changing Washington for coexistence as the actors have said then you are going to have those who are going to want to and try to use the same resources to simply take over.

Schisms happen and Hellfire might schism and produce two new groups from it just as the Underground did if they can't agree on things. Lorna running tail between her to T-Bird and Eclipse if she can't manage things now that would make her look weak, but a schism need not play out that way.

Anyway, I placed together three of Lorna's Upper Deck cards for the 2018 pack.

And.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-01-2018 at 02:08 AM.

BANNED

I think Polaris does what she thinks she best serves at any given time. That lends to... her personality and attitude coming through. She's independent, notionally pragmatic, doesn't conform. ...
    VERY much this. I've come to realize, it's one of the main reasons I'm so attracted to her. ;D In fact, I think the same could be said for many of the Mutant characters, I've grown a lot more passionate about. Guess I've come to greater appreciate those who buck tradition in someways, and kinda march to the beat of their own drum, as I seem to eventually gravitate toward them 'cause of it.

Info about next week.

Atlanta Filming: Alright, so #TheGifted fans win! They are at a super-secret sound stage next week so start being disappointed since I can't shoot through walls.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFilming/s...90069312307206
    Also, just so I am keeping up.

X-Men Blue #26- 17th
    X-Men Blue #27: 10th
    X-Men Blue #28: 10th
    X-Men Blue #29: 17th
    X-Men Blue #30: 18th

Comixology weekly sales ranking for the past few weeks of X-Men Blue. If anyone wanted to know the previous six issue arc did stay above 30K issues in the distribution total and got a shot in the arm of some size on digital. That said the decision to end the title I am fairly certain came before the arc even made it to print. I felt like the title was living on borrowed time ever since adult Jean was returning really even before editorials big turn over.

Hopefully the next team Lorna is on unless its a floating team (or even if it is) has a better judicious mix of A, B, and C listers then pinch hitter Blue team had. I do think the line with Fresh Start wants to breath some new life into the x-line which used to be a top 20 seller for all its core titles not that long ago.

My sense is that the new editorial regime wants one or at most two clear core titles. They seem to want a few satellite titles and a couple boutique titles. We may learn alot over the next week or two.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-02-2018 at 11:06 AM.