Page 717 of 745 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 11164
    Ultimate Member

Though only if the other writers would continue that line of thinking, with the Brotherhood and HFC and all I mean...then again who knows how the thing between Magneto and Emma will end and whether Lorna will want to play much of a part in it, who knows they could get so bad between them that she doesn't want to take part...

BANNED

Hahaha...yeah right. She damn sure isnt heeling on Magneto for Emma Frost of all people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well back when Wanda and Pietro were Magneto's kids you wouldn't want that fact to be all that they were about...

Every time that Lorna's history is brought up there are subtle ways that posters here use that to put Alex down and blame him for the bad times...

And Heroine I wasn't saying that it was you that was doing it, only that it happens here quite often...

As for Lorna, in the future I could easily see them split she and Magneto apart if they make him bad again as I don't think that she'd follow him...father or not...
    Alex Summers was a complete and utter abomination to the progress of Lorna Dane. Where she thrived in FF: House of M as Princess, she was there as a silly Alex crutch during the Vulcan mess he couldnt handle. Brubaker flopped on that one...a far cry from his Books Of Doom work.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 07-03-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't even hint that Jason, I never mentioned, hinted or thought that she'd fight Magneto, I only meant that after seeing how far both sides were more than willing to go against each other she'd just stay out of the fight and not take part, no part of my post had anything to do with how you took it...it's easy to thrive when she and the rest of her family were THE main stars of the book and at its center...and no we STRONGLY disagree on what Alex was to Lorna...but I won't go beyond saying that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I didn't even hint that Jason, I never mentioned, hinted or thought that she'd fight Magneto, I only meant that after seeing how far both sides were more than willing to go against each other she'd just stay out of the fight and not take part, no part of my post had anything to do with how you took it...it's easy to thrive when she and the rest of her family were THE main stars of the book and at its center...and no we STRONGLY disagree on what Alex was to Lorna...but I won't go beyond saying that...
    Still..it doesnt add up. Why would Lorna be neutral on Emma? She called out her agenda directly at the end of the story.

And yes Lorna thrived in the House of M. She ruled the world. Mutants were finally on top. Doom and Apocalypse were throttled. But as usual, the wrong element ruined it for everyone.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 07-03-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't say that she'd be neutral on Emma, only said that the fighting between Emma and Magneto would get to a point where she didn't agree with either side's tactics and would just no longer take part, so she wouldn't agree with Emma or be neutral on her...the wrong element as in someone that wasn't worshipping Magneto...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So we should be finding out the new X-books in the coming weeks. I don't think Lorna will find herself in one of the flagship titles, but I do hope that she lands somewhere with X-Men in the title, like Extraordinary X-Men or Amazing. A book with an X-Men in the title often sells better than the satellite titles, although Weapon X seems to be holding on alright, so maybe Marvel's actually letting books go on longer even if they aren't burning up the sales charts. Though I do feel that if she does pop up somewhere, I think it'll be on a relaunched X-Factor book. So long as she's written well, the title of the book doesn't matter all too much, but hopefully it'll present Lorna with new opportunities, and new bonds going forward.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 07-03-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So we should be finding out the new X-books in the coming weeks. I don't think Lorna will find herself in one of the flagship titles, but I do hope that she lands somewhere with X-Men in the title, like Extraordinary X-Men or Amazing. A book with an X-Men in the title often sells better than the satellite titles, although Weapon X seems to be holding on alright, so maybe Marvel's actually letting books go on longer even if they aren't burning up the sales charts. Though I do feel that if she does pop up somewhere, I think it'll be on a relaunched X-Factor book. So long as she's written well, the title of the book doesn't matter all too much, but hopefully it'll present Lorna with new opportunities, and new bonds going forward.
    Who should she be with?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

These are some rosters I came up with.

Extraordinary X-Men: A more global team, mixed with some well established characters, and some newer ones. In terms of Lorna, she's worked with Rogue, Gambit, Monet, Iceman, and Daken (briefly) before, but her connections with them could still be further developed and defined. Dust is someone new for Polaris, and I think the character has a lot of potential in the X-Men world. Bishop is someone I don't recall her ever having any significant interaction with.

Members: Polaris, Rogue, Gambit, Monet, Bishop, Iceman, Dust, Daken

X-Factor: A company founded by Karma, and co-lead by Polaris. Xi'an would still go on field missions. A heavy emphasis on helping Mutants specifically, as opposed to being superheroes. Some lesser loved favorites, mixed with some older, more established faces that could use some new people to bounce off.

Members: Polaris, Karma, Siryn, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Triage

Obviously, this isn't going to happen, but something akin to this would be nice.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 07-03-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    SDCC announcement

MARVEL COMICS: X-Men
    Sunday 7/22, 11:15am-12:15pm
    Room 5AB
    Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, Sina Grace (Iceman), Seanan Maguire (X-Men Gold Annual), Matthew Rosenberg (Astonishing X-Men), and Tom Taylor (X-Men Red) take you through the full spectrum of current X-Men madness! The Red, Blue, and Gold teams confront Atlanteans, uncertainty, and Extermination, and the secrets of a NEW X-team are revealed! Deadpool and X-23 both rediscover their roots, and the Astonishing team faces ever stranger challenges! PLUS- Stay for the whole panel for an exclusive giveaway variant comic!
    Thanks Luckystar.

It sounds like they have a crossover mini planned between X-Men Blue 36 and the end of Extermination and whatever comes out of that for the line.

https://www.deviantart.com/amethysts...aris-570911693

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk011SjA...d=qirsi4wuvsyz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkyCNpCB...d=m79g3jmgi0y4

I would let the creative juices flow for Marvel Publishing if they don’t have an ongoing or plan in line for her now and we don’t know if they do or don’t. It’s not an era where a comic can afford to take its time getting its bearings like 15 or 20 years ago. It’s also not a time Lorna has to be worried about being forgotten about as Marvel publishing did during her space arc thanks to the live action version.

Her re-involvement in mutant politics is badly needed. The corporate idea was a good one though by the time the title got its bearings it was gone. Imagine that idea mixed with DC politics and mutant activism? That would have been quite something. There are a ton of possible good ideas, but at this point I think a team focused on changing things for mutants not generalized super heroics is key.

How would that sell? I don’t know, in this market titles not adverse to protagonists dropping bodies sells. See Weapon X or the Magneto ongoing or insert Wolverine character dropping bodies.

Titles that do generic super heroics unless subsidized by Marvel politics on its side or stacked with A listers get yanked fast. The old formula of generic super heroics and soap doesn’t work for B and C list heavy titles in this market. Even X-titles stacked with A listers are weak these days and often don’t last more then a year in part due to the market and in part as Marvel marginalized mutants for so long.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-04-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Skyler Samuels has been posting instagram stories with Lucas Till in them.

Could it mean something?

OBEY

Seeing as how Blair is friends with Lucas, and its the week of the 4th of July, I'm guessing they're hanging out with the cast of MacGyver again, or maybe just Lucas. I believe both shows film in the same location, so that's probably why they hang out with one another.

I doubt it means anything.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 07-05-2018 at 04:59 PM.

By the way I updated my Gifted fic with 2 new chapters. https://archiveofourown.org/works/13...pters/31821594

I'm not super happy with it but I feel like I have to just keep going til I at least get all the ideas I originally had written down.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    By the way I updated my Gifted fic with 2 new chapters. https://archiveofourown.org/works/13...pters/31821594

I'm not super happy with it but I feel like I have to just keep going til I at least get all the ideas I originally had written down.
    Keep working at it and improvement will come. The best Lorna heavy fan story I have read in many many years and it’s a very long one in many parts is Genosha: Rebirth.

http://cmbeta.wikidot.com/plot:61/p/2

http://cmbeta.wikidot.com/plot:61/p/1

A really strong and long 50th anniversary story for Lorna mixing some of the best story ideas for the character. Lots of nation building and character and relationship building. If anyone wants their weekly dose of Lorna until The Gifted airs it’s a pretty strong choice.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-06-2018 at 04:51 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Keep working at it and improvement will come. The best Lorna heavy fan story I have read in many many years and it’s a very long one in many parts is Genosha: Rebirth.

http://cmbeta.wikidot.com/plot:61/p/2

http://cmbeta.wikidot.com/plot:61/p/1

A really strong and long 50th anniversary story for Lorna mixing some of the best story ideas for the character. Lots of nation building and character and relationship building. If anyone wants their weekly dose of Lorna until The Gifted airs it’s a pretty strong choice.
    Just wanted to say, hello! I write Lorna for that. Your thoughts made my day. But I've been writing Lorna on there for about a year now. It's actually an RP Mush client. So I'm only in charge of writing Lorna there and the rest is written by others. I've been reading this whole forum in hopes of finding inspiration and to make sure I have Lorna's relationships/ characterization right. The in depth analysis here and critical examination of her character has helped me immensely and I've tried my best at mixing comic plot lines (and fixing them) with some of The Gifted.