Page 743 of 745 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745 LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 11164
    BANNED

And just recently, Marcus To:

Its nice to go on twitter now and again with people debating watching The Gifted or not and put in a plug to promote them to watch and with them at times dozens to hundreds or more of their followers. Watching people who never read the comics and have no idea who Lorna is on a journey of discovery is always fun.

For the masses as in tens of millions people globally this will be the Lorna they know going forward for many years until the films make their own version, but that might not be for quite awhile.

In the end the merchandise valve is about to reopen to the X-Men and the games are just starting to re-open and Lorna's popularity now matters for the deluge of X-Men stuff to come out over the next two years which will either help the character build from where she is now or not if she is AWOL from it. How successful Lorna's second season is over a period where the x-ban is going to become weaker and weaker is central to the characters near and mid term viability.

All of us here want Lorna appearing in the comics come October/November for her 50th and she still might, but I will just say having a more expansive view of what will help the character like Lorna appearing in Marvel Future Fight or the other gaming platforms is very much important.

In terms of the comics assumption has been Uncanny is just another title to coexist with Red and the other titles, though I am not so certain it might just cannibalize the line and in time spit out a whole new line.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And just recently, Marcus To
    Marcus I like alot not just for his art, but his connectivity with fans, plus he is an old Star Trek fan.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-01-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In the meantime the SDCC panel is finally up and Emma D. has another little hint to come up.

My take on the momentum in terms focus on season 2 is that its been somewhat blunted by the glut in TV shows of all kinds including super hero ones. But, those watching the promo for season two are impressed and many catching up.

But, the show is lacking enough people spreading the word about season 2. There are alot of people just finding out about the show as in now and the market place is so crowded.

I have a feeling about what is coming in the immediate post pregnancy eps and it seems like a bloody game of tag at least for a segment of time between Purifiers, the Morlocks and Hellfire in the tunnels. Its interesting to get little bits and pieces here and there and try to put it together.
    Can you explain her instagram video? I don't understand it whatsoever. What is that supposed to be a hint of?

And what leads you to your idea about "bloody game of tag"? I did see some photos of Hellfire members in what very well could be Morlock tunnels but I don't see how that leads to your idea necessarily

Also seconded, it's wonderful hearing from folks watching the show and falling in love with this version of Polaris.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Can you explain her instagram video? I don't understand it whatsoever. What is that supposed to be a hint of?
    Toys in the far background.

And what leads you to your idea about "bloody game of tag"? I did see some photos of Hellfire members in what very well could be Morlock tunnels but I don't see how that leads to your idea necessarily
    Purifiers coming out by day hunting mutants is out of sorts even for The Gifted universe and the SS is already doing that in the early episodes as seen in the preview. Nor were there any the Purifiers in the preview and probably won't be seen much for a few episodes.

Hunting mutants in the tunnels seems more like a Purifier sort of thing then SS and it also would dovetail at about when I suspect the Purifiers will burst onto the scene in the season. Then one has to wonder how the Purifiers and Hellfire might interact if they are each in the tunnels at the same time.

Also seconded, it's wonderful hearing from folks watching the show and falling in love with this version of Polaris.
    The pay off even if it doesn't happen now in terms of Marvel Entertainment will happen if her popularity continues to build because there is money to be made. I suspect in terms of Marvel Entertainment they know about her popularity, but they don't know if its a flash in the fry pan or something actually building and enduring.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-01-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Crosspost.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Magnus family charms available if people want them, from bikenesmith. Can get one for $10 or all of them for $30.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Toys in the far background.

Purifiers coming out by day hunting mutants is out of sorts even for The Gifted universe and the SS is already doing that in the early episodes as seen in the preview. Nor were there any the Purifiers in the preview and probably won't be seen much for a few episodes.

Hunting mutants in the tunnels seems more like a Purifier sort of thing then SS and it also would dovetail at about when I suspect the Purifiers will burst onto the scene in the season. Then one has to wonder how the Purifiers and Hellfire might interact if they are each in the tunnels at the same time.

The pay off even if it doesn't happen now in terms of Marvel Entertainment will happen if her popularity continues to build because there is money to be made. I suspect in terms of Marvel Entertainment they know about her popularity, but they don't know if its a flash in the fry pan or something actually building and enduring.
    Yeah I was thinking about Hellfire emissaries like traveling to meet the Morlocks to curry favor with them sort of like Hellfire/Underground would each be trying to get them to help out.

Then I also thought, hey usually the Morlocks are sacrificial lambs in these stories aren't they? It's almost like a tradition of sorts haha. So perhaps somehow an attack on their sewers would happen. I didn't think Hellfire would try wiping them out that'd be a bit over the top. But Purifiers certainly would try it yeah.

And if Hellfire ends up basically defending Morlocks from the Purifiers that would be a pretty good way for the show to almost glamorize THC in the mind of the audience

Of course it could also be THC prioritizes striking Purifiers over rescue of actual Morlocks and that might make them look bad in some ways and could lead Morlocks to further retreat/align with Underground

All speculation of course but yeah

@ Salarta: Yes ! I love that person's X-art They are such a fan of Magnus Fam too and they give a unique portrayal of them like a re imagining in contemporary setting

OBEY

Emma Dumont getting a headcasting. A interesting procedure where one makes a life size mold of ones head for various purposes. I imagine most of us can imagine the possibilities on what they could test out a mold of her head for so I will leave it at that as nothing more needs to be said.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be for the headpiece right???? Like, to make it fit her face perfectly?? OMG. I'm so excited right now. I hope that's it.

That has to be what it is yeah.

I just wonder what the situation will be on the show for her to use it and if it comes off as cool and not corny I hope so

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be for the headpiece right???? Like, to make it fit her face perfectly?? OMG. I'm so excited right now. I hope that's it.
    It is often used in films to make perfect fits and test out wear yes or Matt Nix wants a life size Polaris head for the mantle over his fireplace. lol.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-02-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I can't wait to see the end result! So excited we'll get to see Emma wearing that at some point.

As for the purpose, Emma has been outright telling us why and hinting at this for months. The Stepford Cuckoos. She doesn't trust them, and their telepathy is the reason why she'll end up wearing the headpiece.

I can't wait to see the end result! So excited we'll get to see Emma wearing that at some point.

As for the purpose, Emma has been outright telling us why and hinting at this for months. The Stepford Cuckoos. She doesn't trust them, and their telepathy is the reason why she'll end up wearing the headpiece.
    Man that's what I fear actually. I really hope that isn't the reason. For several things. First I don't buy that a headpiece could cancel out TP. That's a silly thing, better is to say EM Force mutation + willpower can dampen TP effectiveness. Secondly, they're supposed to be on the same team and I was hoping their antipathy was more of a playful thing and not yknow, like actual hostility

I like the headpiece much more as a ceremonial/symbolic gesture like announcing her new role or something to the world and it would be a psychological factor when she encounters either adversaries or potential allies

OBEY

Yes, she has been hinting about the need.

I wouldn’t want people reading my mind who I trust completely much less shall we say coworkers with their own possible agendas. That said it seems even amongst the Cuckoos there will be division. Without telepathic protection she really isn’t an independent player amidst a gaggle of telepaths given they know her cards before she lays them on the table.

Hard to play chess that way.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-02-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Well we'll have to find out. I gave my view. I hope they don't do it where this is part of the bet hedging and a way to ease Lorna out of Hellfire completely yknow....

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Well we'll have to find out. I gave my view. I hope they don't do it where this is part of the bet hedging and a way to ease Lorna out of Hellfire completely yknow....
    Lorna is not really even a coequal player without telepathic protection. Esme likes chess and likes playing games and I will bet Reeva likes them as well. It puts her on a wholly different footing within the group if they can’t read her thoughts.

It’s going to get ugly at times within factions of Hellfire most certainly, splits within the organization are likely to lead to a power struggle in the course of the season, but how that plays out remains to be seen.