Page 745 of 745 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745
Results 11,161 to 11,164 of 11164
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    There's a lot of over thinking going on. If Xavier is capable of building a device that can find mutants, then why hasn't the government done something similar? Why doesn't everyone have one? The argument as to why others haven't given themselves anti-telepathy helmets is because its a comic book property. Not everything is going to make sense. Its unique to certain individuals, and in The Gifted, it's part of Lorna's lineage. I'm really curious as to how she'll go about getting it.
    The voice of reason... somebody gets it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    There's a lot of over thinking going on. If Xavier is capable of building a device that can find mutants, then why hasn't the government done something similar? Why doesn't everyone have one? The argument as to why others haven't given themselves anit-telepthay helmets is because its a comic book property. Not everything is going to make sense. Its unique to certain individuals, and in The Gifted, it's part of Lorna's lineage. I'm really curious as to how she'll go about getting it.
    Because the government doesn't have Xavier. Also I think later on Shi'ar tech got added into Cerebro. It was a fortuitous circumstance for the X-Men. Of course, there are various mutant tracking tech governments and other organizations have used though, including other mutant abilities themselves.

I just feel like this is throwing up your hands and giving up as opposed to attempting an explanation. Again, to me saying it's due to her mutation and strong will makes a LOT more sense than "helmet" and I tried to explain why *repeatedly* already. don't like people ignoring everything I say and just acting like "well duh it's comics who cares". Kind of aggravating! Please. I'm not saying YOU have to care about it making sense but no need to like, get a dig in on people who do
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Because the government doesn't have Xavier. Also I think later on Shi'ar tech got added into Cerebro. It was a fortuitous circumstance for the X-Men. Of course, there are various mutant tracking tech governments and other organizations have used though, including other mutant abilities themselves.

I just feel like this is throwing up your hands and giving up as opposed to attempting an explanation. Again, to me saying it's due to her mutation and strong will makes a LOT more sense than "helmet" and I tried to explain why *repeatedly* already. don't like people ignoring everything I say and just acting like "well duh it's comics who cares". Kind of aggravating! Please. I'm not saying YOU have to care about it making sense but no need to like, get a dig in on people who do
    I brought up Cerebro because of your example of Sentinel Services using them helmets, and thus making them immune to telepathy. Why doesn't the Government have something like Cerebro? There's no way only ONE person could build something like that. So why hasn't the Government? Why haven't they already built a device that can exactly pinpoint the specific Underground Mutants? That way this whole thing can be over with.

My point is that not everything makes sense in comics. I also don't think they added Shi'ar tech to Cerebro, as I only recall it being added to the Danger Room.

As for the rest of your comments, I fail to see how I got a "dig in" on you. I think you're overthinking things, and that isn't something rude. I'm sorry if you thought that was a dig, but it was not. Outside of it not making sense to you, you seem to be hung up on the Frosts and Lorna's relationship, and I don't know what else to say about that. Polaris doesn't like them. They might be her teammates, but she doesn't seem to trust them, and I don't think that's paranoia, I think that's just Lorna being smart.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-04-2018 at 08:05 AM.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules