Page 8 of 745 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    You are looking for an in continuity reason to explain away neglect. If she hates daddy and sis so much she would be with the X-Men when humans disappear, but she is not with either even as wallpaper which was the minimum Polaris fans should come to expect hence she was snubbed.

Lorna as part of the family has been snubbed quite a bit even among the x-titles since she was booted down to C list after RAFOTSE. Obviously, some writers and editors have very different views on the matter then others.
    I guess I am trying to find a logical reason. Don't get me wrong I am disappointed that Lorna isn't featured in NMH, but I am glad Carey isn't assassinating her character by sticking her with people she rightfully has feelings against.

I really hope Lorna gains more popularity these next few years! It seems that the Marvel Lego game was a good start. I would like to see her in Marvel Heroes next.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well given that Pietro does have 2 sisters it could be Lorna or Wanda more likely Wanda...
    I think we can safely say it is Lorna. Singer said Wanda was supposed to be mentioned as an older sister to the little girl, but he cut it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I guess I am trying to find a logical reason. Don't get me wrong I am disappointed that Lorna isn't featured in NMH, but I am glad Carey isn't assassinating her character by sticking her with people she rightfully has feelings against.
    And, it makes more sense for Wanda who hates Magneto to the nth degree to be with him or Pietro for that matter who hates him only slightly less then Wanda?

Also, going by X-Factor 260 for Lorna's feelings for Wanda, Magneto or Pietro is a mistake. She was drunk and angry at herself and then self projecting that anger out on everyone else while trying to get the cops to kill her.

The fact is I could see them all get back together no matter the bad blood between them if something as catastrophic as No More Humans happened. But, I also know that Lorna wasn't there and Wanda and Pietro were likely more because we are getting closer to Avengers #2 and Marvel wants to promote the twins and to some at Marvel we know that Lorna doesn't belong as part of the family.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-10-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    My thinking is that Fox might be hesitant to commit to a character. Hopefully we'll see her in the next film regardless.
    That is my thinking as well. Singer wants it to be Lorna, but Fox wants to hedge its bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

I really hope Lorna gains more popularity these next few years! It seems that the Marvel Lego game was a good start. I would like to see her in Marvel Heroes next.
    You see, this is EXACTLY why I had a problem with X-Factor #244 having Lorna claim that she's seen enough of Magneto for one lifetime, and subsequently why I changed my mind on the prior run; X-Factor #243 had me ready to read the book again until that remark in X-Factor #244. I KNEW it would be used as an excuse to exclude her from things she had a huge stake in. This just proves what I was saying, and how justified I was to not start regularly reading the prior run over it.

I don't mind Lorna hating Magneto one bit. Relationships change, and that's necessary to add to drama on the books. What I DO mind is having Lorna's sudden hatred toward her father used as a flimsy excuse to keep her from being involved in things she should be involved in. Have someone force her to get involved, have her incensed to confront him, do something to allow her potential to be used. Don't just ignore it because some editor or writer is a selfish ass that is trying to force their personal dislike of a character or her relationships into keeping her from having her potential used. All that does is make a good case for the argument that fans shouldn't be making these things, because you'd never see a non-fan deliberately pass up something that can be an easy boost to sales and story potential.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

casiobh

OshKoshBgosh

Polaris by J. Abrera.

House of M Polaris.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Polari...of-M-453482640

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    You see, this is EXACTLY why I had a problem with X-Factor #244 having Lorna claim that she's seen enough of Magneto for one lifetime, and subsequently why I changed my mind on the prior run; X-Factor #243 had me ready to read the book again until that remark in X-Factor #244. I KNEW it would be used as an excuse to exclude her from things she had a huge stake in. This just proves what I was saying, and how justified I was to not start regularly reading the prior run over it.

I don't mind Lorna hating Magneto one bit. Relationships change, and that's necessary to add to drama on the books. What I DO mind is having Lorna's sudden hatred toward her father used as a flimsy excuse to keep her from being involved in things she should be involved in. Have someone force her to get involved, have her incensed to confront him, do something to allow her potential to be used. Don't just ignore it because some editor or writer is a selfish ass that is trying to force their personal dislike of a character or her relationships into keeping her from having her potential used. All that does is make a good case for the argument that fans shouldn't be making these things, because you'd never see a non-fan deliberately pass up something that can be an easy boost to sales and story potential.
    This, this so much I am so sick of Writers passing up great relationships and great characters just because of their personal bias. Lorna simply stating she hates Magneto and that being the one solid reason as to why they don't interact or have her show up in reunion scenes? For shame Marvel for shame, there could have been so much done with why Polaris hates Magneto and a confrontation between two Magnetically powered characters would have been amazing to see but beyond my wants for displays of powers I just want to know more about Magneto's thoughts on his children and Polaris in particular because well they do share a power set and she is his youngest child.

It was X-Factor 245 you are talking about. She was unconscious for all of X-Factor 244. I will say X-Factor 237-243 built up a lot of good will at least for me after the character had been wallpaper from X-Factor 230-236. Not that I didn't have some problems with issue #237-243 like the statement by M that all her mental heath problems could be traced to that one moment in her childhood, but I could just write that off as her being wrong.

X-Factor 245 I had a lot of problems with obviously in part because of the whole I hate daddy and never want to see him again line which is a potential usable excuse for future writers and editors who don't want her to be apart of anything family related. The other part is she took a very anti-mutants rights fight line on the issue, enough that it made Havok look like an active pro-mutant activist.

X-Factor 249 had a decedent enough depiction of Polaris though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It was X-Factor 245 you are talking about. She was unconscious for all of X-Factor 244. I will say X-Factor 237-243 built up a lot of good will at least for me after the character had been wallpaper from X-Factor 230-236. Not that I didn't have some problems with issue #237-243 like the statement by M that all her mental heath problems could be traced to that one moment in her childhood, but I could just write that off as her being wrong.

X-Factor 245 I had a lot of problems with obviously in part because of the whole I hate daddy and never want to see him again line which is a potential usable excuse for future writers and editors who don't want her to be apart of anything family related. The other part is she took a very anti-mutants rights fight line on the issue, enough that it made Havok look like an active pro-mutant activist.

X-Factor 249 had a decedent enough depiction of Polaris though.
    Thanks for the correction, I knew that before but some things like that get mixed up in my head over time. Before X-Factor #243, I only read the first couple issues where Lorna returned, lost my interest after that, and then X-Factor #243 was an issue I consider among the best of the current decade for Lorna. Since I didn't read the road trip issue, the only thing I can say about it of what I saw is that the quip about Lorna's powers not being for "villains" anymore bugged me because it was essentially Lorna calling her dad a villain at a time when she admired and respected him. It'd be like saying "Stephen King is a great writer, his work taught me so much about how to do it, he's my literary villain."

I'd like to say in this that while ANXF has been hit or miss so far in how it's been treating Lorna, ANXF #7 was really good in its depiction of her, so hopefully it continues in that vein. And by treated well, I mean her behavior fits what we know of her, and there's a sympathetic element where we understand where she's coming from.

Oh, and great artwork, juan and jmc, thanks for posting. For some reason, the J. Abrera piece makes me think of Mary Jane when I see Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Polaris by Black Hole

Nicola Scott

lelechan16
    Last edited by juan678; 05-12-2014 at 05:47 AM.

Byrne

sadowki

MEL Uran
    Last edited by juan678; 05-12-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks for the correction, I knew that before but some things like that get mixed up in my head over time. Before X-Factor #243, I only read the first couple issues where Lorna returned, lost my interest after that, and then X-Factor #243 was an issue I consider among the best of the current decade for Lorna. Since I didn't read the road trip issue, the only thing I can say about it of what I saw is that the quip about Lorna's powers not being for "villains" anymore bugged me because it was essentially Lorna calling her dad a villain at a time when she admired and respected him. It'd be like saying "Stephen King is a great writer, his work taught me so much about how to do it, he's my literary villain."

I'd like to say in this that while ANXF has been hit or miss so far in how it's been treating Lorna, ANXF #7 was really good in its depiction of her, so hopefully it continues in that vein. And by treated well, I mean her behavior fits what we know of her, and there's a sympathetic element where we understand where she's coming from.
    Her comments related to Magneto on the road trip did seem a bit off kilter for pre-Breaking Points Lorna.

I will say though Lorna got to have some fun in that storyline and be fun to read in a way she rarely has since. Hopefully, we get some of that in issue #9 with her and Danger. Everything for Lorna doesn't have to be anger and depression.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2014 at 03:37 PM.