Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Rumor: Marvel Courting Angelina Jolie to Direct "Captain Marvel"

A new report claims that Marvel is so impressed with Jolie's directorial work to date that they've already made her a substantial offer.

Full article here.

BANNED

What has she directed? Does she have any knowledge about the character?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    What has she directed? Does she have any knowledge about the character?
    Well, these films:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001401/#director

A Place in Time, In the Land of Blood and Honey, Unbroken, By the Sea currently and another on way.

Decent credentials, fair few, acted far more I think.

And, odd award nominated, or won, with Unbroken I think.

And, be year after DC and WB have Michelle MacLaren direct Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Well.... this is unexpected. I'll have to see something that she has directed before I can make a judgement here.

I would be super okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I would be super okay with this.
    So would I. Don't know if it would be my first choice, but... yeah. I don't have a problem with this if it turns out to be true.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Spectacular Member

I got a problem here. I like Carol, I LOVE the character's history and the potential for enrichment in the comic universe. But I do not, nor would I ever support a project involving Jolie. Do not like her, do not like her envolment in the end of a marriage, just flat out no. If she signs on in any facet, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by mattperiolat View Post
    I got a problem here. I like Carol, I LOVE the character's history and the potential for enrichment in the comic universe. But I do not, nor would I ever support a project involving Jolie. Do not like her, do not like her envolment in the end of a marriage, just flat out no. If she signs on in any facet, I'm out.
    I respect your choice, though I do not agree with it.

Same with Roman Polanski, Kristen Stewart, Chris Brown, Bobby Brown, Orson Scott Card.

Regardless,skilled people, hard working, and some of which have made mistakes and tread not on that path again.

While others, you look to the past, not the present, nor future, work.

Others, look at the work, not the person. Sometimes, too important, memorable, or good, to overlook, for that.

I'd be up for it, anyway, though prefer another, female or not.

Be nice to Marvel to have their first female director.

Favreau: grand. Black: could be better. Taylor: decent. Gunn: wicked. Whedon: top dollar.

Letterier: decent.

And, will see with Gunn next time, Reed, Whedon this time, Derrickson. But, sure there's some women out there willing, ready and capable, so, why not them, sure, for a change, get 4 or more by good women, you know? Be nice.

BANNED

They almost had a female director for Thor 2. I don't really care anymore as long as they're going for the best directors for the job. Besides, I don't want to hear DC fanboys going,, "Marvel's trying to copy DC again by getting a female director after DC got a female director for Wonder Woman." Because Marvel is always trying to copy DC apparently.

Eew no thank you. I like Angelina as a person and sometimes as an actress, but based off of some of the directed films I've seen from her (Land of Honey and Unbroken) she is just not a good director.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    They almost had a female director for Thor 2. I don't really care anymore as long as they're going for the best directors for the job. Besides, I don't want to hear DC fanboys going,, "Marvel's trying to copy DC again by getting a female director after DC got a female director for Wonder Woman." Because Marvel is always trying to copy DC apparently.
    Patty Jenkins, was it? I confuse Thor: The Dark World and Brave, as I believe they both almost had a female director, but did not.

Shame, but maybe one day, same original director, a Thor film, or another Marvel.

But I do not, nor would I ever support a project involving Jolie. Do not like her, do not like her envolment in the end of a marriage, just flat out no. If she signs on in any facet, I'm out.
    If you don't see a movie due to infidelity, I think you've disqualified every Hollywood movie ever.

I pray they don't do this.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    If you don't see a movie due to infidelity, I think you've disqualified every Hollywood movie ever.
    True, there are other factors with Jolie. It's a true bias, nothing more than that. Don't see her movies, don't support her productions. I have my principals.

True, there are other factors with Jolie. It's a true bias, nothing more than that. Don't see her movies, don't support her productions. I have my principals.
    Whats the last Brad Pitt movie you've seen?