Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    I enjoyed it; but is this supposed to be considered canon now? There were some things that really bothered me like Luke's hands, the whole father/son/who blew up my death star questions that I thought were answered. And didn't Vader die on the deathstar without his helmet on and they immediately burned his armor and he shouldn't get it back until they find it in the upcoming movie.
    This takes place between A New Hope and Empire. And yes, it's canon.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

Crazy decompressed, but really exciting anyway. a combination of Aaron’s voices for the cast and knack for pulp material, Cassaday’s realistic characters and widescreen panels, Laura Martin’s rusty colors bringing the world to life, and Eliopoulos’ lettering that makes people talking on a radio and Threepio talking distinctive from one another, it succeeds in crafting a breathless cinematic pulp adventure feel of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Gotta wonder how long Cassaday can even stay on this book tho

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Gotta wonder how long Cassaday can even stay on this book tho
    I'm hoping for at least two arcs. He's in top form again with this. It's been awhile since you could say that.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    It's a kids franchise, so I'm not surprised it's as slapstick as the OP makes it out to be.

Just read the Legends continuity if you want something in the range of mature to grimdark.
    It was always an all ages franchise minus TPM to some extent.

i want a starwars book that continues AFTER Ep 6.....

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    This takes place between A New Hope and Empire. And yes, it's canon.
    Well that makes more sense then if thats where it is placed

I really liked Star Wars: Darth Vader #1....

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    i want a starwars book that continues AFTER Ep 6.....
    I would not be surprised if they started filling the gaps between Episode VI and Episode VII after December 2015. Either with an ongoing that occasionally flashes back to that time, or a Shadows of the Empire-style project.

Amazing Member

I haven't read the second issue yet, but some of the dialogue in the first issue seemed off to me. there was one scene in particular, I believe when Luke was rescuing some prisoners out of cages, he said something and I had to ask, "would luke say this in the movies?" it's going to take some time for me to understand that this series, like 616 and MCU, aren't going to be copy and paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Ill say this much, if one goes into the Marvel Star Wars stories with the same thoughts as the Dark Horse stories, you will be some what disappointed. Dark Horse had a LOT to work with, including a LOT of freedom in regard of expanding the universe and characters to use. The problem for Marvel now is what the issue was in the past when it had Star Wars years ago, they have a limited area of the universe to work with. There is no EU, marvel can't use Mara, or Thrawn, or the Chriss, or Han's buddies, or Boba Fett, or the twins, or any cool character's that were created during the EU. They can only use characters from the main four movies and the Rebels series, and probably the clone wars (unless that's not in continuity anymore, but I think it is because it's still owned by Lucus Arts right?) and what little they had from the Marvel Star Wars comics from earlier.

Are they doing well for being handicapped with only the Prequels and the four movies, I suppose, will this severely limit the writers in the future. Yes!
    *sigh* I suppose so. I still won't be reading it, I guess I'm like those people who refused to read the New 52.
    I will sorely miss John Ostrander and Jan Duursema.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Ill say this much, if one goes into the Marvel Star Wars stories with the same thoughts as the Dark Horse stories, you will be some what disappointed. Dark Horse had a LOT to work with, including a LOT of freedom in regard of expanding the universe and characters to use. The problem for Marvel now is what the issue was in the past when it had Star Wars years ago, they have a limited area of the universe to work with. There is no EU, marvel can't use Mara, or Thrawn, or the Chriss, or Han's buddies, or Boba Fett, or the twins, or any cool character's that were created during the EU. They can only use characters from the main four movies and the Rebels series, and probably the clone wars (unless that's not in continuity anymore, but I think it is because it's still owned by Lucus Arts right?) and what little they had from the Marvel Star Wars comics from earlier.

Are they doing well for being handicapped with only the Prequels and the four movies, I suppose, will this severely limit the writers in the future. Yes!
    what do you mean *four* movies?

Presumably the original trilogy and the upcoming Episode VII.