Penciller: Tom Raney
    Inker: Tom Raney
    Cover: Tom Raney

WONDER WOMAN: FUTURES END #1

Writer: Charles Soule
    Penciller: Rags Morales
    Inker: Rags Morales
    Cover: Tom Raney

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It will be great to see Rag Morales draw Wonder Woman again and with Soule writing both titles this month, I'm more than happy to hand over my money to DC!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I really hope this means Soule is taking over Wonder Woman after Azz leaves, probably one of the only ways to get me keep reading it.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Once I would have bought anything with Wonder Woman in it, especially if it were drawn by an artist I liked. But the character now is not the one I followed. I have absolutely no interest in Future's End, and what I've seen of it suggests that I won't enjoy reading about Wonder Woman's role in it.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Scorpion WW says "Get over here!"

Those covers are HORRIBLE.

BANNED

Here comes Soule that don't understand WW and will write her, I knew Azz wouldn't do this with WW. so more sexism and violence? probably

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Scorpion WW says "Get over here!"

Those covers are HORRIBLE.
    yep

I'm not a fan of rags morales art

Nrama: Charles, picking up on what you said about how Superman kind of paused to consider whether Doomsday should be killed. I noticed that Wonder Woman didn't even think twice — she said "we have to kill this thing; it's killing the world." Was that meant to not only show the contrast between the two characters in the story, but also highlight their differences despite their relationship?

Soule: People have their differences on these points, but I think Wonder Woman was raised in a completely martial society. She was trained by the God of War. She's someone who believes there are times when you have to kill the monster, basically.

She also grew up in a society that is full of monsters and horrible beasts and things, who come out and rampage and kill people. So I think that's how she sees Doomsday. For her, there's less of a conflict.

Yes, I think that's something that makes her different from Superman, and that's one of the things we're going to explore in their relationship.

I dont think you can rehabilitate a genetically engineered monster whose sole purpose is destruction. I have no problems with WW cutting some heads that need cutting.

BANNED

F'ing unbelievable, they are using same cover with different costume for both books. I just hope Azzarello stays for 3 more years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I dont think you can rehabilitate a genetically engineered monster whose sole purpose is destruction. I have no problems with WW cutting some heads that need cutting.
    For me depends on the way she said it, WW always try the pacific option first. Go straight for the killing? not the WW Azz write. Also in Bat/WW #30 she doesn't kill the monster, she free him to a better place. this is WW

Brian Azzarello ‏@brianazzarello 1m
    No. RT @TheFlashReborn: So is the fact that you aren't writing WW's Futures End issue confirmation that August ends your run?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    F'ing unbelievable, they are using same cover with different costume for both books. I just hope Azzarello stays for 3 more years.
    I wish bro

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    I really hope this means Soule is taking over Wonder Woman after Azz leaves, probably one of the only ways to get me keep reading it.
    I think the emphasis that Soule placed on Diana being the new War in his issues of SM/WW and how F'E SM/WW and WW both deal with this issue really suggests if Soule becomes the next writer on Wonder Woman he is probably going to write a run of Wonder Woman in the vein of Sandman or Simonson's Orion about the nature of Godhood and its effeoct much like how his current incarnation of ST is a reverse version of Moore's ST.

Amazing Member

Actually i think both of those are just the Wonder Woman cover. They're supposed to be shifting holographic type things remember?

Either way I think they look nice. Always thought armored skirts looked cool. And the pose is very active which should only be emphasized more by the whole image changing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think the emphasis that Soule placed on Diana being the new War in his issues of SM/WW and how F'E SM/WW and WW both deal with this issue really suggests if Soule becomes the next writer on Wonder Woman he is probably going to write a run of Wonder Woman in the vein of Sandman or Simonson's Orion about the nature of Godhood and its effeoct much like how his current incarnation of ST is a reverse version of Moore's ST.
    I'd love to see that! Hopefully that's what will happen. Soule's one of the only writers right now that I trust to continue what Azz has introduced in his run and continue it in his but put his own interesting spin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Once I would have bought anything with Wonder Woman in it, especially if it were drawn by an artist I liked. But the character now is not the one I followed. I have absolutely no interest in Future's End, and what I've seen of it suggests that I won't enjoy reading about Wonder Woman's role in it.
    Even if you are a fan of the current run, it's pretty tough to get excited about whatever is happening on that cover. Even if the story will be brilliant, that cover is not conveying it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The purpose of SM/WW is about the romance though. It's undoubtedly the editorial mandate he was given when he was given the book: buildup and emphasize the romance between Superman and Wonder Woman.
    yep, but he could do better. without WW being so needy of superman, it was his choice. Probably because his favorite superman book is red son

It probably won't be as good as Azzarello's Wonder Woman, but Charles Soule is a pretty good writer too.

They're supposed to do that. Compare with Green Lantern: