Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

DC for me.
    i love them both, Marvel just lets me down with their yearly crap events.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    I'm surprised that this question hasn't already been asked on the forum.
    It probably was back before the boards were rebooted last spring and all past discussions were retconned out of existence.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    DC for me.
    i love them both, Marvel just lets me down with their yearly crap events.
    Better than being let down by the entirety of New 52. Before that, I would've said DC hands down. Now it's almost funny how apathetic I am towards them. Marvel's got steam, at least.

BANNED

I read a lot of books by both companies, but look forward to the Marvel books in my stack way more than any of the DC titles. I made a concerted effort to add some
    DC titles to my pull list and learn my way around the DCU when I saw the Flashpoint event was going to offer a chance at a fresh start, and I've stuck with most of the
    titles since the beginning. I've also read plenty of past storylines that were recommended, and lots of back issues in general, but I just don't get the same level of anticipation
    from any DC chatracter as I do from Spidey or Avengers. I think a lot of it has to do with what the first comic book you enjoy is. I feel like most people would probably
    go back to that same well, and it just becomes habit, and then preference, because it's all they know. I do like DC, but Marvel is just on another level.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Marvel by far, but only because of the X-Men.
    This is exactly how I feel about it!

D C characters

I have been liking D C Comics less lately and finding more and more Marvel Comics enjoyable.
    But these are creative issues and not character.

Maybe once D C moves away from forcing writers into crossovers and tie-ins come June
    there output will be much better (like Grayson and Gotham Academy)

I grew up following and loving Hulk and Iron Man and Thor and Captain America and Fantastic Four.
    Sadly all the above have seen far far better days..... years..... decades.

But on the other hand, Marvel has been above good when it comes to writing and allowing creative people room to
    create and breath and that has ushered in a lot f new characters and runs that have been very enjoyable.

Now if Marvel could just find a way to fix the problems with Hulk and Iron Man and Fantastic Four.

Marvel; easily. Love Marvel.

I wanna like the big Marvel guys like the Avengers and X-Men, I really really do but Marvel's done a spectacular job of making them the vilest, unlikable and down right assholish pricks to ever grace a comic book. Seriously between Tony and his Illuminati morons manipulating everyone with a mix of back stabbing, mind rape and all around deception that's not only caused Civil War, Secret Invasion, World War Hulk and now AAALLLL the stuff going on in Hickman's run, all I EVER want to see from pre-reboot Tony Stark and all his Illuminati buddies is them getting executed for all the BS they've put 616 through.

X-Men's not much better, Bendis had a good start with Marvel NOW but then he devolved into the same Clermont plots that make me wanna bash my face against a chainsaw for every. damn. arc. X-Men MUST be banned from doing any time travel, alternate universe hoping, and especially space stories for the next 5-10 years. Same thing with the Avengers, no more perpetually repeating the same exact plot over and over that just convolutes your universe even more (such as the case with X-Men) or is there to make your characters seem like unlikable scumbags even more than they already are as is the case with Avengers.

Really the good Marvel books are the ones like Hawkeye and the new Miss Marvel where there's no stupid Clermontian time travel & space bullcrap where Clints son is sent into a what if future where he's raised by a nun from another alternate universe and/or time line. Or Tony Stark manipulating Kamala Khan into murdering an entire alternate universe because that's the only f*cking thing Tony does anymore.

Marvel. I think the universe is a lot more cohesive, and makes more sense. I also think they do a better job of keeping the books related, and not having to many plotholes (there are plotholes, but DC seems to have more glaring ones; see Jeremiah Arkham being incarcerated and being the warden of Arkham in two different New 52 relaunches).
    Some of my favorite characters are from DC (Riddler, Renee Montoya), but Marvel has MORE characters that I enjoy reading. If I pick up an average Marvel comic, I will almost always get at least SOME enjoyment from it, whereas with DC I usually stick to the Bat books.
    Favorite characters: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Ozymandias, The Riddler, Hellboy, Renee Montoya.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Marvel, although I thoroughly enjoyed quite a bit of the DC animation stuff, and at one time owned pretty much every comic book done by George Perez and John Byrne, including their DC runs. That's not to say that I don't like DC characters. Quite the opposite. If I could create my very own Secret Wars Battleworld continent, it would be filled with my favorite DC characters.

BANNED

I don't prefer either but I dropped most of my Marvel books because the constant relaunches and events were killing me and killing my budget. It seems like they don't care about continuity at all anymore. It's so sad. DC, Valiant, and Image have been keeping me pretty happy for the past few years.

As a kid, I only read Marvel.
    Started getting into DC with Crisis, Man of Steel, Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen and Moore's Swamp Thing.

Now, I'm neutral, though the balance does shift, occasionally; reading more Marvel than DC, currently.
    Doesn't mean I love DC any less !

I've been a Marvel fan forever. I do read Green Lantern (the only DC title I have on pull), and occasionally a Batman, but, IMO, Marvel is better.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington