Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sincé New 52, the only thing that i have checked out in DC is Batman Eternal because i heard that Stephanie was in it.

iMan 42s

I prefer Marvel but I'm not against reading DC.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Even years ago as a young kid I never really got caught up in the ¨Big Two Rivalry.¨ I enjoyed characters from both.
    When I was growing up, my brother and I laid claim on one or the other.
    When I first really started reading comics, Marvel was mine and DC was his.
    That lasted until Crisis and we swapped because I became interested in DC then. (And I got all his back issues, bwah-ha-ha!)

But after a few years, I started to read both. And still do.

I wouldn't say I like one over the other now.
    They're pretty equal to me.

I mostly have favorite characters in both.
    Marvel: Dr. Strange, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Thor, the 80s New Defenders.
    DC: Nightwing, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire, Ice, Golden Age JSA.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

DC.

Marvel stopped being a universe in which I had any interest once Civil War got started.

I'll think about giving Marvel another chance once this reboot happens, but until then I wouldn't shed a single tear if Marvel were wiped out of existence.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Amazing Member

It pretty much depends on what mood I'm in or what comic I read most recently. I guess I'm neutral.

Marvel.

DC's continuity is a mess to get into with all the reboots and crap, and I lost interest completely once the New 52 started outside of a couple books (Nightwing, which ended, and Superboy, which I just lost interest in)
    I also prefer Marvel's characters more, i feel like they're just better overall in the aspect that the power and abilities set for a DC characters reads like a freakin novel. Have you seen Martian Manhunter's? It's like reading the Odyssey. A random grab bag of every power the authors can think of. DC's recent obsession with trying to portray these characters as "gods" among men has become, not only offensive, but really, really lame. They're supposed to be heroes, nothing more.

THAT SAID.

I do like a lot of DC characters and a lot about DC. I've always liked J'onn and The Flash and Nightwing have always been some of my favorite heros. More importantly (MARVEL, TAKE NOTES HERE) Marvel's absolute obsession with the "gritty-anti-hero, willing to make the necessary sacrifice for the greater good!" Along with all the ridiculous super hero fighting has become so, so, so offputting, and my pull list has shrunk from about 10 titles a few years ago to about 2. (Though part of that is because Marvel has tainted a bunch of great characters in the name of replacing them with good PR and I have no desire to read a book about Roz Solomon or whatever, etc.)

So I have found myself eyeing DC a little bit more lately, but until both companies start to realize that the market wants super-heroes that act like super-heroes and not anti-heroes or "gods" lol then my interest will likely continue to wane.
    Last edited by Andy; 02-09-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

A lot that draws me 2 DC the odd ones Supergirl,anything with a Blue Lantern,Teen Titans,Wonder Woman, beyond that very little. The Marvel U makes me want to try and read over as much I can get.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 02-09-2015 at 12:29 PM.

I like both but I am definitely more of a Marvel fan, always have been. My favorite superhero is Spider-Man and my favorite team is the X-Men. I like the fact Marvel has never rebooted and I like their sliding timeline. I prefer many of their characters and stories, but I am certainly getting event fatigue. I think Secret Wars will be the best event for Marvel in the 21st century so far, as I think there has been proper enough buildup to it unlike some other events and Time Runs Out is one of the few times I'm okay with heroes fighting each other. The hero fighting will hopefully become more rare post-Secret Wars.

I love comics and superheros in general really, I say Make Mine Marvel but I enjoy alot of DC's stuff when I get around to reading it. I'm far behind in the New 52 but plan on catching up on both New 52 and post-crisis stuff I've been long itching for after Convergence.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Honestly? I read books from both companies, but I can honestly say that the independent comics I collect are the best option for me right now. I used to be a total DC fanatic until they screwed everything up with the New 52. Marvel was good until lately, but now they are going to ruin their own universe. I guess I'll have to see what remains after the big events. It may not be much.

I've never been one to adhere to the this or that mentality. Always read both, and my fair share of Image and independent. Marvel and DC always dominated my pull list, though. In the past, I must confess that the DCU usually appealed more to me, especially post COIE. Ever since Quesada took over, and handed the reins of the MU to Bendis and a few others, I really lost a lot of interest in Marvel. However, the New 52 was also a droping off point for me on a lot of DC titles. Nowadays, purchase very little of both companies new output, prefering to stick with TPBs of old stuff. I still think I look foward more to the DC stuff than the Marvel stuff, but I'll admit that Marvel's reprint collections program is much better than DC's.
    To sum up, DC, but by a very small margin.

Peace

Ultimate Member

I think this should be in the general discussion forum for fairness.

Marvel. Never have cared for DC comics, even though I like their animated stuff...

All-New Member

DC animated stuff is probably better. But the 90s X-Men was really great.

I'm an old-time DC fan, but I also enjoy some Marvel characters as well.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I just love comics.
    I make love, you make me sick.