Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like both but I read more Marvel. I like Superman more than most Marvel characters.
    We need better comics

Amazing Member

DC by a very small margin. I used to be a major DC fanboy, but all of my friends are more Marvel fans and they talked me into trying some of their titles and now it's really hard for me to decide which one I like the most. I will say that Marvel has one, if not my favorite, character of all time in Wiccan.

I don't like to choose sides, as I try to read a little of everything. If I had to choose though, I would say that I am more of a DC person. I like the legion of superheroes more than the x men.

Marvel by far.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I read and enjoy both, but as far as the actual superhero universe, I'd go with Marvel. I grew up a Marvel Zombie, and that still colors a lot of my feeling towards Marvel comics.

Now, if we're talking the better publisher overall, I'd actually go with DC, mostly because of Vertigo and DC's overall backlist. Plus, Astro City is still the single best superhero comic published these days.

But really, I just like good comics, and I'm not all that hung up about who publishes them.

I currently read no DC monthlies. I am picking up Multiversity and Sandman: Overture, and I pick up Fables in trade.

I am reading Avengers, New Avengers, and Hawkeye monthly from Marvel. And I will get Secret Wars and probably try one or two relaunched books to see if any are worthwhile. So I think Marvel wins in that regard.

But, if I was going to recommend some comics to someone who was interested, most of them would probably be DC: Watchmen, Preacher, Sandman, Fables, and so on.

However, almost none of those really special books of DC's have anything to do with the DC Universe.

So I guess DC has put out better stuff over the years, but Marvel has the more enjoyable shared universe. I guess that's my take.

BANNED

Marvel, unless they decide to kill off '616' Hulk during Secret Wars, then neither will be my favorite publisher. lol

Marvel has a better band of freaks and disparate heroes right upfront and center. In the past (and even in some cases now) DC did not push their characters as hard as Marvel seems to have. Marvel gave you what you wanted and all you could handle and that remains true even today.

DC will not get out of their own way. Now, I understand that being owned by WB may hamper some things that they can do, but I honestly thought that only applied to their film projects.

DC are always playing catch-up with their main competition and often undercut themselves in the process. It's frustrating and for those reasons I could never be a full-time supporter of DC.

Make Mine Marvel for 30+ years and counting...

Spectacular Member

I grew up loving both companies, but if I had to pick one I would have to say DC. When I got back into comics a few years ago, I found DC was easier to get back into thanks to the New 52 compared to Marvel Now. I am definitely going to check back into Marvel after Secret Wars and try them again.

Marvel, it's not even close.
    Fables is the only thing I like from DC.

DC easily.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Marvel...easily. On the strength of the X-Men alone, Marvel will always win for me.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I'm surprised that this question hasn't already been asked on the forum. Personally, for me-Marvel all the way.
    Although, (as you can see from my signature) I buy pretty much an equal amount of comics from both companies, Marvel was the one I grew up with, and Marvel is home to my favourite characters (Hulk, Ultron, etc). I like DC's titles,but I only started reading them during the New 52, and the only titles I trade wait are both set in alternate universes outside of the DCU. I'd also say that Marvel also has more of a variety, both in characters and genres, while DC has a lot of Batman and Superman titles.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

BANNED

Marvel, especially because of the X-men.

BANNED

Please sign in and vote guys. we just need 34 votes to make it even.

I'll always love DC more than Marvel, but my Marvel love is still high.