Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Darth Vader, #1

The Dark Lord of the Sith takes center stage in "Darth Vader" #1, written by Kieron Gillen and drawn by Salvador Larroca.

Full review here.

Amazing Member

Sounds like it's something to look forward to this week. While it's important to portray Vader at this time period as a brutal, hateful villain, however, my hope is that Gillen will not forget that Anakin's past was a critical part of where Vader came from, and that it will somehow play a role in the future of this series.

Amazing Member

Gillen said he will show Vader at being adept with tinkering and building gadgets like droids, given he built C-3PO as a boy.

Spectacular Member

I don't know how but I'm even more psyched than I was before after reading this advanced review.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Fantastic Member

I hope they will somehow deal with his fighting style. The saber duels in the original trilogy all looked like they were between 70 years old men with Parkinson, while in the original trilogy it looked like everyone were kids with ADD. The idea that Vader was a great fighter trapped in a nearly immovable tomb is interesting, assuming that's the direction they will go.

I was really surprised with how this book came out. I actually liked it a lot better than Star Wars and found the art was absolutely stunning! Was very pleasant surprise!

Spectacular Member

This was a really good read. Larocca is a perfect artist to work with the Star Wars characters.

Marvel justify their comics line right here in this issue. Some of the voices were a little weak in the main Star Wars title but here you can hear Vader and the Emperor speaking from the page. Gillen nails it. Wonderful stuff from one of the best world builders in comics
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The Dark Lord of the Sith takes center stage in "Darth Vader" #1, written by Kieron Gillen and drawn by Salvador Larroca.

Full review here.

I enjoyed it...everyone should read Star Wars and Darth Vader....I think im skipping the princess and other title though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    I hope they will somehow deal with his fighting style. The saber duels in the original trilogy all looked like they were between 70 years old men with Parkinson, while in the original trilogy it looked like everyone were kids with ADD. The idea that Vader was a great fighter trapped in a nearly immovable tomb is interesting, assuming that's the direction they will go.
    Ep VII has people from the Raid franchise. We will both see what is going on and it will be amazing stuntwork.

I loved that the opening crawl was written from the Empire's point of view. Threw me for a loop, but it totally makes sense for this book.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSun17 View Post
    I loved that the opening crawl was written from the Empire's point of view. Threw me for a loop, but it totally makes sense for this book.
    I wonder if it was inspired by the old TIE Fighter PC game.