Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Spectre (DC) vs. Marvel Demons- Mephisto, Dormammu, Surtur

Waging war against all things unholy, The Spectre must defeat evils darkest creatures.

Mephisto (in his realm)
    Dread Dormammu (in his realm)
    Surtur (in his realm)

Spectre must fight them in their respective stringholds back to back to back with no breaks

If the Spectre isn't on another of his Jobbing Journeys, he should take all 3, even in their own dimensions.

Unbound, Spectre should win

Doesnt Surtur have a realm killing sword? Or is that hyperbole? Mephisto fought evenly with Galactus iirc

Mephisto also struggles routinely with surfer....

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Doesnt Surtur have a realm killing sword? Or is that hyperbole? Mephisto fought evenly with Galactus iirc
    Nah.

During the fight, Galactus was like "pfff, this isn't worth the time" then proceeded to enter into "I'm eatin' yo ****" mode, and Mephisto was like "oh damn, take what you came for and get out of here".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

agree-the Spectre is pretty much on God level, i can even see him curbstomp Q into a blackhole if he wanted to.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

You've got two guys who are roughly on the level of Marvel Odin in Surtur and Furnace Face, and one guy who is somewhere below that, against a guy who, at his high end, is pretty far beyond that. Spectre should take this as long as it's a strong Spectre.

Astonishing Member

In the DCU - Spectre sneered at the DC version of Zeus and caught his thunderbolt. Now DC sky fathers don't seem to be at MU level but it does indicate that gods per se aren't a problem.

It depends which Spectre, I suppose. Some of them reaaaallly sucked. Corrigan or Day of Vengeance Spectre rock the hell all over these guys though.

The Meph/Galactus thing is also a deeply anomalous showing for the guy, and all the same as noted ended up going badly for him.

Where does Mephisto rank, actually?
    I mean I guess I could mayyyybe acknowledge the Galactus-showing because it happened in his own realm and (aside from collateral damage) didn't really DO anything against Big G in the end, but outside of that?

Somewhere above Thanos-Level?

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenPeace View Post
    agree-the Spectre is pretty much on God level, i can even see him curbstomp Q into a blackhole if he wanted to.
    On the other hand, I remember once when he actually flinched from a kick from Batman.

But yeah, generally speaking, Specter should own these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Where does Mephisto rank, actually?
    I mean I guess I could mayyyybe acknowledge the Galactus-showing because it happened in his own realm and (aside from collateral damage) didn't really DO anything against Big G in the end, but outside of that?

Somewhere above Thanos-Level?
    Below Thanos level. The Surfer has overwhelmed him in his own realm by bringing power to bear faster than Mephisto could respond to, Adam Warlock has bested him with the soul gem, Thor has taken it to him evenly, Hela significantly outlasted him as they fought alongside each other against the same opponent. The times where he's shown as being well beyond that are frankly the out of type instances for me.

Alright, I didn't know it was THAT low.
    I mean, it's not like I'm taking his universal-reality warping feats (One More Day was nothing less than that, when you look closer) seriously, but I do remember him doing things like LOL-noping Classic Strange and Doom at the same time in his realm.

I guess I haven't read enough of him.

I would put Dormammu comfortably above the likes of Odin. Sure Odin's kind of fought Galactus, but the fight has only slightly more legitimacy than Starved not really trying Galactus and getting stalled or handled by others. Am I wrong here? Isn't Dormammu right there with Strange other high-end foes?