Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where does Dial H fit?

Is Dial H connected to anything anymore? Or did Editorial just write it off as China Miéville's fever dream?

The Dials could have been a perfect link between the current multiverse and the other multiverses in Multiversity/Convergence.
    Vote Goat 2020
    "Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." --Jeffrey W Kramer

Astonishing Member

It was always a bit off, as it started as a Vertigo title and was edited by Vertigo (awesome) editors Will Dennis and Gregory Lockard.

But I think a few creators probably read it and enjoyed it - I don't see how anyone involved in making comics couldn't love it, if they had access to it - so you may get a few connections here and there, but the editors who had a hand in making it - Karen Berger, Will Dennis and Gregory Lockard - don't work for DC proper so I can't imagine there will be a strong push for any of the elements.

I'm more disappointed in the lack of more China Mieville, though. That's the real shame, and a bit more perplexing knowing that Didio and Harras were quite big fans of him, it seemed.

Ohhhh. I didn't know Dial H was related to the Vertigo line. Now it's absence and disconnect from New 52 makes sense. Should have been a Vertigo-proper title
    Vote Goat 2020
    "Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." --Jeffrey W Kramer

I always assumed it was best connected with Dark/Constantine part of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by a. non View Post
    Is Dial H connected to anything anymore? Or did Editorial just write it off as China Miéville's fever dream?

The Dials could have been a perfect link between the current multiverse and the other multiverses in Multiversity/Convergence.
    I don't know about how much the Dial H series connects to the Multiverse per se (it feels more Hypertimey than Multiversey, in my opinion), but I've always thought that the Hall of Heroes on the DC's Map of the Multiverse looks a LOT like five fingers grabbing an H-Dial.

Of course, I always thought the 'H' in Dial-H stood for "Hypertime" anyway.

Amazing Member

ever since the series ended, i've wanted to see these characters and the dials appear in the dcu--but there's been no references, afaik, to this series in any other books. i really hope we see a return of this title.

btw, who's excited for the deluxe edition coming out in a couple of months? got mine pre-ordered already. can't wait to reread it in that format!

I think that Morrison with his "known multiverse" and "local multiverse" lines left enough room for Dial H to fit into new52 continuity. Besides at one point main character stole Flash's powers, which I think was refferenced in Flash comics too, no?

I just want to see more Agent Centipede, is that too much to ask?

I got the first couple issues and didnt see what was so great about it...it was hard to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post

Surely not as much as you want to see Open Window Man!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post

Yeah. Sure would.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that Morrison with his "known multiverse" and "local multiverse" lines left enough room for Dial H to fit into new52 continuity. Besides at one point main character stole Flash's powers, which I think was refferenced in Flash comics too, no?
    Yep, there was a crossover with The Flash that took place in both titles.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Non-Issue.

At the end of the "New52" Dial H run, there is only one dial out there on an Earth that could possibly be part of the "New52" universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I noticed that when I read the second Dial H TPB the other day. I buy The Flash monthly (the only comic I do) and I remember nothing of this. How did the crossover manifest itself in The Flash?

Spectacular Member

It was #18/#19, when Barry lost his powers