Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The New 52 Futures End #41 Spoilers/Discussion

In short, this issue builds on top of the last issue.

-Lois contemplates that it's a scoop, but also doom.
    -Superman flies, takes a hit, and a dive into the sea.
    -Hawkman flies into the big Braniac space head thing, going after Angie. There are some purple special effects and he comes crashing out, changing form from one Hawkman to another till he disappears.
    -Batman, Plastique and Tim Drake finds a bunch of people dead (all looking a bit nick fury like). Bats almost calls Drake Robin, which Rob... Drake doesn't take kindly to.
    -Brainiac asks Mr T what it is he sees. With the city being taken over. Saving it from the future. Batman comes up behind Terrific, whom says he's so happy Bruce's there to witness it.
    -Plastique and Drake talks about the future in an elevator. Plastique says he doesn't become a bug, but she will. And while that conversation takes place, the Plastique cyborg is creeping above Tim. Plastique says she hopes McG is okay, who's shown to soon be jumped by the joker-borg.
    -There's some trouble with the teleporter on the JLA satellite. Dr Polaris fixes that. And then they're all down to earth. There Shazam masked Superman meets Super Bruce Springsteen Man. Shazam is all hurray!-like.
    -The Braniac head in space fires a pink beam. It rips through Palmer (perhaps collecting him?) and hits some beacon Godzilla-Braniac has played on earth.

The preview page shows some classic DCU stuff popping up next week.

This issue reminded me quite a bit of last week's, with all eyes on the big Brainiac. While I'd liked more about another green giant, Frankenstein, it was a good issue. Some fun banter between Drake and Wayne, and I especially liked it when Tim told Plastique that: "I'm not Robin. I'm not nothin'. I'm not nobody. I'm done with all this!". Says alot about his character. Also, the fun of him hanging upside down was a bit double edged, since the cyborg is lurking around. There where more than one panel where I was sure Drake was dead. Braniac's words to Michael where also very cool, especially with his reaction to seeing Bruce.

So. Any ideas on the Braniac thing that's going on? Think it'll overshadow everything?
    Last edited by borntohula; 02-11-2015 at 03:34 AM.

Always Rakzo

As I said in other places, this was pretty good. Really nice moments.

BANNED

So Hawkman is hit with some type of beam similar to what happen to Wonder Woman at the very end of Crisis On Infinite Earths.

hawkman.jpg

The Atom is apparently killed.

atom.jpg

and on the last page there are pictures of Terra and the New Teen Titans from the Judas contract. The Justice Society and Batman's origin.

terra.jpg

Honestly, the first thing I did was look for Wally West, and Superboy Prime.

I'm mad they showed him as Kid Flash instead of the Flash, but I can take it.

Hopefully, you know WINO gets hit with this beam, and it makes him the real Wally.

I liked it though.

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    So Hawkman is hit with some type of beam similar to what happen to Wonder Woman at the very end of Crisis On Infinite Earths.

hawkman.jpg

The Atom is apparently killed.

atom.jpg

and on the last page there are pictures of Terra and the New Teen Titans from the Judas contract. The Justice Society and Batman's origin.

terra.jpg
    What did that Beam do to Wonder Woman. Been a long time since I read that.

Ray isn't Killed I don't think Brainiac would be killing specimen when he came to collect them, Hawkman was probably disperse into various versions of himself into the bottled cities.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Honestly, the first thing I did was look for Wally West, and Superboy Prime.

I'm mad they showed him as Kid Flash instead of the Flash, but I can take it.

Hopefully, you know WINO gets hit with this beam, and it makes him the real Wally.

I liked it though.
    She was transformed back into clay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    What did that Beam do to Wonder Woman. Been a long time since I read that.
    She was transformed back into clay.

Is this series worth catching up on? I stopped around issue 13? Does it get better? I really don't remember why I stopped. I remember enjoying it, but it was probably due to 3 running weekly series that finally broke me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Ray isn't Killed I don't think Brainiac would be killing specimen when he came to collect them, Hawkman was probably disperse into various versions of himself into the bottled cities.
    Yea, he did mention on their first encoutner that he does not have them in his collection so its possible that that beam just "captured" him.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Is this series worth catching up on? I stopped around issue 13? Does it get better? I really don't remember why I stopped. I remember enjoying it, but it was probably due to 3 running weekly series that finally broke me.
    Its meant to be read in trade, I too stopped reading it weekly but when the first volume came out containing the first I wanna say 18 issues, it read great. If you're interested in checking it out that's how I'd do it if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    Its meant to be read in trade, I too stopped reading it weekly but when the first volume came out containing the first I wanna say 18 issues, it read great. If you're interested in checking it out that's how I'd do it if I were you.
    Also I think you have to be used to this style of writing, and pacing. It reminds me of a manga, where not a lot happens each week, but over all it's enjoyable, and when you read it in one go its amazing.

Brainiac will probably just take his city and leave, so the heroes will continue fighting Brother Eye.

did anybody notice the Sweet Tooth cameo in the big Convergence spread? I thought that was kind of neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    did anybody notice the Sweet Tooth cameo in the big Convergence spread? I thought that was kind of neat.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Fun, little nod.

This was probably one of the better issues of the series so far. Everything's starting to come together nicely. Next week looks like it could be a lot of fun, too.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?