Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I like the idea in principle but the fact that Sony still has creative control is worrisome.
    I don't think thats something we need to be concerned about. If Sony wanted to run things their way they wouldn't have teamed up with Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Doctor View Post
    Anyone else notice the date they set for the release of the next Spider-man film is July 28, 2017, which had been claimed for Thor: Ragnarok by Marvel?
    Ragnarok has been bumped to the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by thejka View Post
    This is great! Finally corporations put their interests aside for the greater good! Talk about great power coming with great responsibility.
    Nobody has put their interests aside. They're coming together for mutual financial benefit. Sony will make money from having Spidey associated with the MCU, Marvel will make money by having Spidey guest star in their movies.
    Last edited by CrazyOldHermit; 02-09-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    Miller was right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The only downside to this is that Sony still has creative control.

Aside that, it's about time Spider-man joined the MCU.
    But SONY has guidance from Marvel Studios now! They're still sitting in the driver's seat but it's no longer a runaway car.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Doctor View Post
    Anyone else notice the date they set for the release of the next Spider-man film is July 28, 2017, which had been claimed for Thor: Ragnarok by Marvel?
    I did, I wonder if Thor is going to be pushed back or not?

The only Marvel movies before that are Avengers: AoU, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Dr. Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
    Guess the safe bet is him showing up in Civil War.

I don't think the last few pictures' problems was Sony so much as Avi Arad. He's been relegated to Executive Producer on this, which is really just a way to get some money by having your name on it. And even if it was Sony, that was run by Pascal, who's not in charge of the studio anymore and is co-producing with Feige (and who, admittedly, probably has a lot to make up for given the whole hacking situation).

As someone who never really liked the Raimi films and particularly didn't like the Webb films, I'm hoping this means we'll finally get a truly great Spider-Man on the screen.

The important thing is that along Amy Pascal, Feige and his crew are also going to be involved in the solo film.

Probability of a flawless/excellent/energized/more interesting Spider-man film: + 80%

Probability of Kaine as Scarlet Spider in Texas's Houston (along Hummingbird!) in the big (or small) screen: + 0.02%

I'm happy.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 02-09-2015 at 10:21 PM.

BANNED

Time to put some pressure on Fox now. (We're coming for you. Give up the Fantastic Four!)

Quote Originally Posted by AHall88 View Post
    I did, I wonder if Thor is going to be pushed back or not?

The only Marvel movies before that are Avengers: AoU, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Dr. Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
    Guess the safe bet is him showing up in Civil War.
    Thor is pushed to November 3, Black Panther is pushed to July 6 2018, Captain Marvel is pushed to November 2 2018 and Inhumans is pushed to July 12 2019.
    Miller was right.

Hope they can put out a film on the level of Spider-Man 2. Hard to believe it's been a decade since the last great Spidey film

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man 2 more than the past few Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, other than Winter Soldier. Disappointed to see this happen if they're going to re-cast and reboot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I don't think thats something we need to be concerned about. If Sony wanted to run things their way they wouldn't have teamed up with Disney.

Ragnarok has been bumped to the fall.

Nobody has put their interests aside. They're coming together for mutual financial benefit. Sony will make money from having Spidey associated with the MCU, Marvel will make money by having Spidey guest star in their movies.
    Still, corporations working together like this on film is practically unheard of.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Time to put some pressure on Fox now. (We're coming for you. Give up the Fantastic Four!)
    That's not going to happen. Unlike Sony, Fox's last big CBM did REALLY well both critically and financially. So they have exactly ZERO incentive to give anything up at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by thejka View Post
    Still, corporations working together like this on film is practically unheard of.
    Oh definitely. Disney and Sony are two of the biggest corporations out there and Disney is allowing Sony to stick Spider-Man in their MCU. Thats pretty risky business getting into bed with a major competitor like that. It's like Disney and Warner Bros creating a Justice League/Avengers team-up movie franchise.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The only downside to this is that Sony still has creative control.

Aside that, it's about time Spider-man joined the MCU.
    They have the final say but I'm sure they'll still be taking a lot of Marvel's consult. They seem to have learned enough from their past mistakes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Thor is pushed to November 3, Black Panther is pushed to July 6 2018, Captain Marvel is pushed to November 2 2018 and Inhumans is pushed to July 12 2019.
    That doesn't sound appealing to me. So we have to wait even longer for NEW characters to get their shot, including the first Black/Female-led films, so that Marvel can put out yet another Spider-Man film. Actually, that's what I've been afraid would happen if they ever got the rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, and FF back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post

Are "we"? I'm not. I'm still super interested in seeing what's done with a fresh take on those archetypes before discounting it. Also I think Marvel make bland movies, so I'm not lining up to give them full creative control of all cinematic interpretations of their characters. And let's all admit that competition is a good thing for any business. Imagine how little Marvel would have to tryif they didn't have anyone to compete with.