Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Could be like Batman Forever, The Incredible Hulk.

Instead of Keaton, you get Kilmer, but same continuity.

Instead of Bana, you get Norton, but same continuity.

Re-cast, re-tool, but not reboot, say.

And, TASM films could well continue, with, without Garfield, while Marvel has their Spidey stuff, same actor or not.

I just don't know.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying Incredible Hulk has any connectivity to Ang Lee's movie. Ultimately, Marvel appeased everyone by saying the movies could be connected, but never that they were. They just knew they couldn't tell another origin story. These days, I doubt they'd play it as coy.

The Amazing Spider-Man movies would never get the same treatment, regardless, because Marvel would be locking themselves into the Osborn and Electro origins, as they appeared in those films.

I'm sad for Garfield. He deserved a better legacy. I still think, baggage and complications be damned, that Marvel should give him a shot. As bad as those two Amazing films may have been, Garfield and Emma did well enough to distract you from the nonsense. They truly were some amazing finds. I hope they can find someone half as charismatic for a Spidey replacement.

I'm definitely looking forward to what they do with it now. I do feel a bit bad for Garfield, I think he was unfortunate in that he had poor scripts to work with. The same could be said for Emma Stone too. Hopefully they cast a relative unknown who proves to have ability.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to what they do with it now. I do feel a bit bad for Garfield, I think he was unfortunate in that he had poor scripts to work with. The same could be said for Emma Stone too. Hopefully they cast a relative unknown who proves to have ability.
    I Agree that Garfield was the best part of the Spider-man remakes. Too bad we will never know what he could do with a good script.

That being said, my new fear is that Marvel/Disney Studios will pump all their resources into A-list Superhero projects and the inventiveness and energy that went into their off-center projects. EXAMPLE: GotG, Ant-Man , etc. will get 2nd citizen status and resources.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well, bad reviews for ASM 2 seems to have hit a nerve, and coupled with its underperformace in the States obviously made Sony rethink its strategy.
    I think all of Sony, besides it's movie devision, doing bad is making them rethink their strategy.

All-New Member

Everyone just pause for a minute. Marvel has the rights to Spidey, the UNDISPUTED FACE OF MARVEL. Has anyone just taken a moment to bask in the fact that this is happening?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
    Everyone just pause for a minute. Marvel has the rights to Spidey, the UNDISPUTED FACE OF MARVEL. Has anyone just taken a moment to bask in the fact that this is happening?
    Except that they DONT have the rights to him. Sony still has the rights as they're letting Marvel use him in their movies, while they have sole ownership of the solo movies. In fact, Sony is always gonna have the rights to Spidy since they're gonna keep pumping out movies with the added benefit of Marvel helping to oversee them.

I never cared for Spider Man that much. Granted, I haven't read that many stories about him and my main exposure is through the movies, cartoons, and games. I actually want X-Men and The Fantastic Four back under Marvel's umbrella, but that's a pipe dream. This is a good start though and is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I think all of Sony, besides it's movie devision, doing bad is making them rethink their strategy.
    Sony isn't doing that badly Q3 Figures are available even if they may be adjusted. The main area that is suffering is the Pictures division.

P.S. For context see table on page 10 of report. The business community will be interested in the last 2 columns of the table. The change to forcast and the change year on year. On forcast the divisions not doing as well as planned are Pictures and Mobile Phones. Year on year everything is up apart from mobile and 'other' but the business overall has contacted due to these.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-11-2015 at 01:10 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge View Post
    Except that they DONT have the rights to him. Sony still has the rights as they're letting Marvel use him in their movies, while they have sole ownership of the solo movies. In fact, Sony is always gonna have the rights to Spidy since they're gonna keep pumping out movies with the added benefit of Marvel helping to oversee them.
    Keep this in context. Sony have a secured and ongoing licence to make Spider-Man movies. They can't make comics, books, lunch boxes, posters, toys. When there is a positive working relationship Marvel can make money from merchandising the film and cross promotion of the Marvel brand. If you look back at ASM2 comics were produced, digital comics were made, games were marketed and generally the two companies worked together to make the most of the movie. This is in direct contrast to the relationship with Fox.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Rob Liefeld made the call back in June in reaction to the lack of X-Men toys compared to ASM2 toys.

“X-Men: Days of Future Past will match If not exceed The Amazing Spider-Man 2‘s domestic box office... but there are no toy tie-ins. The Fox shut out is real... No promotions from toy aisles. ... My un-informed prediction: Sony will split producing/financing w/Marvel on next Spidey film and open door for inclusion in Avengers 3"

The only thing he didn't guess was that Spidy would be in the next Captain America movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    BvS has to be universally praised before any of those spin-offs take off. I mean, Green Lantern...
    BVS would have to be Catwoman/Elektra bad to not make a ton of money, though. I doubt if that will be the case. It looks to be an enjoyable blockbuster flick.