Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

FK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH !!!!

This is orgasmic, come home drunk and find out the MCU just got turned upside down. Oh the possiblities!!!! Oscorb, venom, all the other awesome baddies!!!!

REALLY hope they can revise the script and get spidey into Captain America 3.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Civil War is going to be so crowded.
    Seeing as they have already begun filming for Civil War and they need to re-cast Spider-Man I can't see him being more than an after credits scene in that. Or maybe they will find a way to work in a small cameo, but it is too late to change things dramatically for that film.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That doesn't sound appealing to me. So we have to wait even longer for NEW characters to get their shot, including the first Black/Female-led films, so that Marvel can put out yet another Spider-Man film. Actually, that's what I've been afraid would happen if they ever got the rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, and FF back.
    Same here. The success of the MCU is because they were forced to find and communicate value in their lesser-known characters instead of banking on popularity. Now all the progress that's been building to is being shunted aside for their old shiny toys. Not cool.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Are "we"? I'm not. I'm still super interested in seeing what's done with a fresh take on those archetypes before discounting it. Also I think Marvel make bland movies, so I'm not lining up to give them full creative control of all cinematic interpretations of their characters. And let's all admit that competition is a good thing for any business. Imagine how little Marvel would have to tryif they didn't have anyone to compete with.
    Marvel would still have competition if they had all of their characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    Seeing as they have already begun filming for Civil War and they need to re-cast Spider-Man I can't see him being more than an after credits scene in that. Or maybe they will find a way to work in a small cameo, but it is too late to change things dramatically for that film.
    They didn't make this deal last night. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had Spider-Man cast and ready to shoot.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Thor is pushed to November 3, Black Panther is pushed to July 6 2018, Captain Marvel is pushed to November 2 2018 and Inhumans is pushed to July 12 2019.
    Won't happen, not after all the hoopla of the announcements. Maybe Thor 3 will take one of the dates that year Sony had booked for a Spider-Man spinoff film, but there's no way I see Marvel bumping everything they've announced back for what is still, in essence, a Sony film.

Holy ****.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, crap.

That doesn't bode well for Marvel doing stuff with characters that aren't 'A-List', anymore. I was more than fine with Spider-Man at Sony, in his own universe, without him hogging up space in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Wary because Sony still has so much say. I'll wait to see the results. I don't want to see Sony's influence corrupt the MCU in any way.
    Didn't think of that. I hope that isn't the case at all, either.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Thor is pushed to November 3, Black Panther is pushed to July 6 2018, Captain Marvel is pushed to November 2 2018 and Inhumans is pushed to July 12 2019.
    And so it starts. sigh.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The only way I'd invest any interest in a re-cast/reboot Spider-Man is if they put a black kid under the mask.

Actually, now that I think of it how could would it be for Spidey's first appearance to be in Dr Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Won't happen, not after all the hoopla of the announcements. Maybe Thor 3 will take one of the dates that year Sony had booked for a Spider-Man spinoff film, but there's no way I see Marvel bumping everything they've announced back for what is still, in essence, a Sony film.
    It already happened.
    Miller was right.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

That doesn't sound appealing to me. So we have to wait even longer for NEW characters to get their shot, including the first Black/Female-led films, so that Marvel can put out yet another Spider-Man film. Actually, that's what I've been afraid would happen if they ever got the rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, and FF back.
    When was Capt. Marvel supposed to debut?

I'm glad we can get Spidey in Civil War, since he played a big role in the comic series, but I'm not happy that we have to wait longer for Carol and Panther to get their shot at fame.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ultimate Member

The only way I'd invest any interest in a re-cast/reboot Spider-Man is if they put a black kid under the mask.
    Speaking of which, this opens up the possibility of a Miles Morales movie.

I'm probably over-excited but wild speculation is what we do so well on the Internet.

Are "we"? I'm not. I'm still super interested in seeing what's done with a fresh take on those archetypes before discounting it. Also I think Marvel make bland movies, so I'm not lining up to give them full creative control of all cinematic interpretations of their characters. And let's all admit that competition is a good thing for any business. Imagine how little Marvel would have to tryif they didn't have anyone to compete with.
    For starters we are, i think most mcu fans are now hoping for the same thing now that sony have made the move. And also marvel will always have to try compete even if they got their rights back............ummm DC

Ultimate Member

Plus the X-Men just work better when they're mostly off on their own. Putting them in the greater MU just raises a bunch of uncomfortable/unnecessary questions. And Fox has no reason to do that. THEY'RE still doing well.

Plus the X-Men just work better when they're mostly off on their own. Putting them in the greater MU just raises a bunch of uncomfortable/unnecessary questions.
    This is very true. FF is vital to the MU but X-Men is a universe in its own right, even within the comics.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Speaking of which, this opens up the possibility of a Miles Morales movie.

I'm probably over-excited but wild speculation is what we do so well on the Internet.
    cant be excited enough, great news. Ultimate peter parker i think may be the way to go, miles would be cool roo