Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm approaching it as another vehicle for Batman. I mean, rightly so because as the next quote states...

Marvel's been churning out multiple successful films between the Batman ones. I'm not really sure Batman is much of a threat anymore. The sky is the limit for Marvel now with Spider-Man being added to the MCU and Stars Wars being added to the publishing division.
    You can approach it like that all you want. Still make it true. Nothing that's come out about the movie supports your assertion. So it's the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand and refusing to listen to any actual facts, sorry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I don't think you understand what conversation we're having. The initial argument was that if Marvel had access to the FF and X-Men they would no longer have competition and would thus stagnate and become awful. My response is that Batman (a BILLION dollar franchise) is their competion, as is the rest of DC's planned expansion. That competition forces Marvel to ensure the continued quality of their own product. I'm not saying this is Mortal Kombat and the billion dollar Batman movie is going to rip Marvel's skull out and stop them from making more movies.
    I guess I don't see DC movies as competition because I don't support those films. And even if I wanted to, they don't look enticing. If WB were to crossover Bats with Tansformers, then yeah, I could concede to calling it competition. Batman arriving to Gotham in an anthropomorphic Mack truck could be hard to top!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, it's a compromise. Too bad Fox will never do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No he hasn't. He's been completely wasted/underused on the Avengers. He's just background filler most of the time and I cannot think of one Avengers story that focused around him.
    It doesn't matter what you think . It's going to happen . And most people want it to happen . You are going to have to deal with that . I think Spider-Man works well with the Avengers . Why you think he should be focused on in a team book is beyond me . He has his own book for that .

I guess I don't see DC movies as competition because I don't support those films. And even if I wanted to, they don't look enticing. If WB were to crossover Bats with Tansformers, then yeah, I could concede to calling it competition. Batman arriving to Gotham in an anthropomorphic Mack truck could be hard to top!
    Then don't watch them lol. People get too invested in these wars between corporate billionares

Ultimate Member

I want Spider-man in the Avengers.

He's been in the team long enough to be called a proper Avenger.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I guess I don't see DC movies as competition because I don't support those films.
    The Marvel fanboy in a nutshell.

I'm glad Panther is getting pushed back as that year was way crowded. He deserves a spotlight, not an also-ran status.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, it's a compromise. Too bad Fox will never do something like this.
    Yeah, that one hurts.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Not got time to read all 110 comments so far on this thread. My two penneth: I think this is great news. But, I really hope in Civil War they don't go straight for the...
    POTENTIAL SPOILERS
    ///
    Spidey public 'unmasking' moment. It's been years since I read the comics, but I seem to remember that being one of Spidey's main contributions to the Civil War story.
    There are so many cool pre-unmasking interactions Spidey could have with the MCU roster.
    Anyhoo, just a niggle right now.

But otherwise, yeah, great news. And sure, I don't think FF or X-Men would follow anytime soon, but that's ok in my book. Spidey was the MAIN guy who needed to come 'home'.
    It would be cool for the FF to do the same at some point in the future, but I guess a big factor in that will be how the reboot is received. I'm optimistic that'll be successful.
    Personally I think the X-Men movies work much better in their own separate cinematic universe anyway as it gives the humans vs mutants theme more power.
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

If Marvel gets Fantastic Four, that would be perfect. I actually prefer X-Men with Fox lol

BANNED

How would you guys react if we received news tomorrow that FOX has done a similar thing with the X-Men and Fantastic Four?

Ultimate Member

Spider-man unmasking in the Civil War movie won't have much of an impact because he hasn't been a feature of that universe.

It will just ring hollow.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

How would you guys react if we received news tomorrow that FOX has done a similar thing with the X-Men and Fantastic Four?
    Followed by the news that Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans have been pushed back to sometime before 2050.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ultimate Member

I'd be very happy.

We might finally get X-men movies where they actually work as a team and not focus on just a handful (Wolverine mostly) of characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    I like how Spider-Man is going to be inserted into a movie just like Batman is for Batman v Superman. Both of those characters are established enough in pop culture that they really don't need an origin to be told at this point. An Incredible Hulk or Watchmen story origin would be plenty. Oddly enough now both of Marvel and DC's top characters are each being introduced into their cinematic universe in another characters film while their last films were set in their own universe lol. So I take it that the Amazing series is dead now and there won't be any continuation of it?
    We don't know if it's going to be like that. For all we know Spider-Man could show up and basically do nothing. Or we could get some weird aside that stops a movie to remind us: Hey Spider-Man.