Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    The Marvel fanboy in a nutshell.

I'm glad Panther is getting pushed back as that year was way crowded. He deserves a spotlight, not an also-ran status.
    What can I say? I bleed Marvel Red™.

WOW! Just WOW! I mean, the reality probably won't be as amazing as Spider-Man going back home! Right now, though?!?! I was getting ready to go to bed when I just decided to check out Instagram!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

wait so I'm confused in the article it says "Sony will still finance, distribute and own the Spidey solo films, along with retaining final creative control." So what's in it for Marvel? Just that they may draw more of an audience to their movies because Spider-man will be included in them? But wouldn't Sony make all that extra money from a larger audience anyway? I don't know if I see this as a good thing...Sony isn't all that great compared to Marvels movies so when they have final creative control they could possibly ruin Marvels stuff right? Someone explain like I'm 5 please haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Followed by the news that Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans have been pushed back to sometime before 2050.
    Yeah, that would suck for fans of those characters.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Spider-man unmasking in the Civil War movie won't have much of an impact because he hasn't been a feature of that universe.

It will just ring hollow.
    Yeah, kind of exactly my point! Key story moment, but Spidey needs to have the pre-unmasking history for it to be a big in-story media event.

Maybe we'll get the 'George Lucas=style Special Edition' versions of the pre-2015 MCU movies, with crappy CGI Spider-Man swinging in the background of scenes and dialogue inserted to make it look like he was there all along!!! ;-) And some extra storm troopers as well just for the full effect! ;-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    "Boring homogeneous shit."

Haha. Really? You decide to say that after Winter Soldier and Guardians?

lol.
    Winter Soldier is a pretty generic action movie. I'm kind of shocked Guardians of the Galaxy came out of Marvel, that movie feels like James Gunn somehow got something by them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    wait so I'm confused in the article it says "Sony will still finance, distribute and own the Spidey solo films, along with retaining final creative control." So what's in it for Marvel? Just that they may draw more of an audience to their movies because Spider-man will be included in them? But wouldn't Sony make all that extra money from a larger audience anyway? I don't know if I see this as a good thing...Sony isn't all that great compared to Marvels movies so when they have final creative control they could possibly ruin Marvels stuff right? Someone explain like I'm 5 please haha.
    Don't worry, a few of us picked up on the same things you did. It can mitigate ones enthusiasm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Don't worry, a few of us picked up on the same things you did. It can mitigate ones enthusiasm.
    That's the only sticky point for me, the fact that Sony still retain creative control.

I just hope they give a free hand to work on the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That'd be a TERRIBLE idea. "Yeah Chadwick, we know that you've already been cast to appear in CW, and are really looking forward to playing this iconic black superhero. But, we've decided to remove you from the Cap movie and put Spider-Man in instead. Oh and we're pushing your solo film back so that we can make a Spidey movie as well." Yeah, that'll go over well.
    Maybe not on people's tumblrs and twitters. But Spider-Man is the bigger character. Why wouldn't you go with the one people know and want more? Marvel isn't making movie and jamming characters into them for creative reason.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 02-10-2015 at 12:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's the only sticky point for me, the fact that Sony still retain creative control.

I just hope they give a free hand to work on the character.
    For all we know, they could have Aunt May swinging by on Web-Shooters if the rumours are true. lol

I don't think Spider-Man will be unmasked in the movie. From what the directors said the issue isn't going to be secret identities. None of the Avengers even have them in the MCU!

I wonder if this means we'll get Spider-Woman at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I wonder if this means we'll get Spider-Woman at some point.
    I think this just upped the chances of that happening.

BANNED

I feel like they'd just introduce her as Jessica Drew with the possibility of using Spider-Woman. I honestly, think it'd just complicate things as audiences don't yet need to be hit with the derivative types yet. IMO

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That'd be a TERRIBLE idea. "Yeah Chadwick, we know that you've already been cast to appear in CW, and are really looking forward to playing this iconic black superhero. But, we've decided to remove you from the Cap movie and put Spider-Man in instead. Oh and we're pushing your solo film back so that we can make a Spidey movie as well." Yeah, that'll go over well.
    Of course, it's a terrible idea. But then I think bringing Spider-Man into the MCU is a terrible idea creatively.

And yeah, I'm sure that's exactly how a professional producer like Kevin Feige would tell Boseman. Not. Actors get cut from movies all the time and scripts get rewritten all the time. It's part of the business. Obviously, it's about money, and if Marvel thinks they can make more money with Spider-Man in a movie, than Black Panther, guess what's going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by IronSites View Post
    I highly doubt they would considering how big of a deal they made of Panther being in the movie. Panther seems to be playing an important role, Spidey likely wouldn't be quite so important.
    Not to mention a major disrespect fan and actors alike.
    That doesn't appear to a high priority with movie studios. And that press conference didn't stop them from pushing back those movies. We've no idea what role Black Panther was allegedly going to play in the movie. But whatever it was, I'm betting it's alot less now, if they want to put Spider-Man into Civil War. And it's not like I see Black Panther in this image.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ultimate Member

The one good thing about this announcement is that we won't see the "Sinister Six" movie that Sony will building towards.