Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I know that Marvel had problems vefore with their female charaters, but so DC. DC had the benefit of having female solos that lasted wonder woman, catwoman, even lois had her solo book. But DC is also guilty of using female characters to advance the stories of male characters, it was kyle rayner girlfriend dead on a refrigerators that got the women in refrigerators trope born. I don't know how DC got behind, too much potential wasted.

I remembered the tower, it was a plot that was interesting and is too bad that it got away. the worse thing is plot being dropped, give a bad sensation;
    Yeah, its a shame that the Tower ended up being resolved (more or less) amid the mess of Doomed. I assume Pak will eventually come back around to Ghost Soldier and the Tower, there was way too much talk about them for their story to be finished so soon, but it would have been nice to see those major moments play out on their own stage rather than as a side-note in a crossover.

Never liked the whole "fridge" thing. Alex was designed to die. It was Kyle's "Uncle Ben" moment, when he finally started taking the ring seriously. Its a lot like the hate Perez got for Terra. Terra was designed to be a traitor from the very beginning; her betrayal of the Titans was the reason for her creation, yet fans thought Perez had somehow ruined her. Same with Kyle's girlfriend. She was always supposed to die, it was always meant to be a traumatic event in Kyle's life. Her purpose was never more than that. Alex was not a female character wrongly treated, she was a narrative tool that served its purpose.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    This reminds me of the Early 90's pre DEATH OF SUPERMAN when many were calling the then Superbooks "comics best kept secret", The Post-Byrne pre Doomsday era turned out some spectacular stuff, but was getting ignored in the era of X-Men, Image Launch, and Batmania.

Then Death/Funeral/and Return happened...and then for the next couple years everyone noticed "Hey! There are some great comics here!".
    I completely agree. I know some of those early 90's stories have been collected, but not with any consistency. There should be a couple big fat trades of that era, similar to the Batman: Knightfall books or Marvel's Epic Collections.
    Last edited by Wonderllama; 03-07-2015 at 01:04 AM.